E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Help please: No boost, bad mpg, erratic idle, few codes, CEL on



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-13-2018, 09:57 AM   #1
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
617
Rep
1,795
Posts

Drives: e92 & f15
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: DMV

iTrader: (0)

Help please: No boost, bad mpg, erratic idle, few codes, CEL on

Hello all,

Buddy's 335i (automatic) is having some issues and I am not quite sure what to tackle. Car is stock with 80k miles. No clue if the car was previously modified (he is 3rd owner).

We pulled the codes (by Carly) and got following:
002774 - Air mass plausibility; air mass too high
002c90 - diverter valve; pinched closed
002bc1 - mixture ECU; mixture too rich
0028A0 - throttle angle - absolute pressure suction, comparison pressure too high
002775 - Air mass plausibility: air mass too low

Car runs like crap. When first started (cold engine), car dies several times and idle is erratic. When driving, it is slow as snail. It feels like there is no boost whatsoever and it's running on engine alone.

We cleaned maf, but there was no change in behavior. Are there two mafs on this car? How can we have air mass too low and too high at the same time? Is turbo bad? Bad diverter valve? I didn't hear any hissing and visual inspection didn't reveal any broken hoses etc.

Before I get blasted for not searching, I have searched, and most of the treads were talking about how these codes are normal for tuned car and can be deleted.

Then again, maybe I overlooked something.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 11:47 AM   #2
weehe126
Lieutenant Colonel
374
Rep
1,743
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Antonio

iTrader: (1)

Have you unplugged the battery to see if it resets the codes? Have you checked for a vacuum/bost leak?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 12:26 PM   #3
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
617
Rep
1,795
Posts

Drives: e92 & f15
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: DMV

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by weehe126 View Post
Have you unplugged the battery to see if it resets the codes? Have you checked for a vacuum/bost leak?
I can reset the codes easy. That is least of the worries. I've physically checked, but I guess I could do a bit better job of checking for any potential cracks.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 02:02 PM   #4
Bfurrow95
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335I E92 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Tucson

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W37V View Post
Hello all,

Buddy's 335i (automatic) is having some issues and I am not quite sure what to tackle. Car is stock with 80k miles. No clue if the car was previously modified (he is 3rd owner).

We pulled the codes (by Carly) and got following:
002774 - Air mass plausibility; air mass too high
002c90 - diverter valve; pinched closed
002bc1 - mixture ECU; mixture too rich
0028A0 - throttle angle - absolute pressure suction, comparison pressure too high
002775 - Air mass plausibility: air mass too low

Car runs like crap. When first started (cold engine), car dies several times and idle is erratic. When driving, it is slow as snail. It feels like there is no boost whatsoever and it's running on engine alone.

We cleaned maf, but there was no change in behavior. Are there two mafs on this car? How can we have air mass too low and too high at the same time? Is turbo bad? Bad diverter valve? I didn't hear any hissing and visual inspection didn't reveal any broken hoses etc.

Before I get blasted for not searching, I have searched, and most of the treads were talking about how these codes are normal for tuned car and can be deleted.

Then again, maybe I overlooked something.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!
Have the intake valves ever been cleaned? With it running rich you might have severely gunked up intake valves.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 03:57 PM   #5
weehe126
Lieutenant Colonel
374
Rep
1,743
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Antonio

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfurrow95 View Post
Have the intake valves ever been cleaned? With it running rich you might have severely gunked up intake valves.
That's not how that works...
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 04:15 PM   #6
Pladi
Captain
Pladi's Avatar
Canada
160
Rep
734
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i xdrive
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Waterloo, ON Canada

iTrader: (0)

you know when we usually Stop helping people ? When they create multiple threads for the same issue. There is nothing more annoying. DONT DO THAT.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 04:52 PM   #7
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
617
Rep
1,795
Posts

Drives: e92 & f15
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: DMV

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pladi View Post
you know when we usually Stop helping people ? When they create multiple threads for the same issue. There is nothing more annoying. DONT DO THAT.
You are right. I do appreciate your responses. Thank you
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST