E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E93 Right Reversing Light Failure Warning - New Lights, Work Fine??

05-01-2018, 04:20 AM   #1
stashio
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i Convertible

Lightbulb E93 Right Reversing Light Failure Warning - New Lights, Work Fine??

Hey everyone - I've searched around but haven't found an answer I hope someone can help because this is one of those annoying minor issues that's starting to really bug me!

I get a 'Right Reversing Light Failure' warning message, but both reversing lights work fine. I read threads saying the warning may display if the light is working but on it's way out, so I replaced the bulb holders (with new soldiered-in bulbs) on both sides with genuine new parts. No change.

Then I saw the previous owner had changed the tail lights for LED, thinking that might have screwed something up I swapped them back to original... you guessed it - no change!

So yeah I've replaced the holder/bulb with brand new genuine parts. Both reversing lights work as they should (and they did before swapping the holders, etc.)... does anyone have any ideas please to stop me tearing my hair out tracking this down this stupid problem?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2018, 07:57 AM   #2
ozziewizzle
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93.335i.N54 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by stashio View Post
Hey everyone - I've searched around but haven't found an answer I hope someone can help because this is one of those annoying minor issues that's starting to really bug me!

I get a 'Right Reversing Light Failure' warning message, but both reversing lights work fine. I read threads saying the warning may display if the light is working but on it's way out, so I replaced the bulb holders (with new soldiered-in bulbs) on both sides with genuine new parts. No change.

Then I saw the previous owner had changed the tail lights for LED, thinking that might have screwed something up I swapped them back to original... you guessed it - no change!

So yeah I've replaced the holder/bulb with brand new genuine parts. Both reversing lights work as they should (and they did before swapping the holders, etc.)... does anyone have any ideas please to stop me tearing my hair out tracking this down this stupid problem?
I also have an e93 and I occasionally get the lights warning regardless of all bulbs working. However, recently I noticed that the weatherproofing rubber seals at the bottom of my windscreen has started coming off. As such, I suspect I might have water seeping into the area where the foot well module (FRM= controls the lights) is located causing some interferences. I am yet to investigate this properly but that's one more thing to check just to be on the safe side.
      05-01-2018, 09:42 AM   #3
stashio
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziewizzle View Post
I also have an e93 and I occasionally get the lights warning regardless of all bulbs working. However, recently I noticed that the weatherproofing rubber seals at the bottom of my windscreen has started coming off. As such, I suspect I might have water seeping into the area where the foot well module (FRM= controls the lights) is located causing some interferences. I am yet to investigate this properly but that's one more thing to check just to be on the safe side.
That sounds expensive... it's probably what it is knowing my luck! In fact thinking about I found the passenger window doesn't seal fully where it meets the mirror, I was reading about adjusting it earlier. I went through a car wash today and water came in (I don't notice it leaking normally but who know's). I'll go out on a limb and take a wild guess the FRM is in the passenger foot well? I've only had the car a few weeks, it's rapidly turning into a money pit. Thanks for the headsup though, something to check out!
Appreciate 0