E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > M Sport suspension LCI vs pre LCI part numbers?

11-26-2021, 01:22 AM   #1
TassieBMW
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: Le Mans Blue E90 330i MSport

M Sport suspension LCI vs pre LCI part numbers?

I'm looking to buy some new shocks for my 2005 E90 330i M Sport and the part numbers are confusing me. As far as I can tell the original part it had was discontinued in 2007 and then the LCI shocks replaced them, however on Schmiedmann's website it is saying this shock and the corresponding right hand won't fit? (https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/produ...=31316796159B4)

Is there any differance between the fitment for pre-LCI and LCI shocks? Looking at realoem I would think they should be interchangeable but I'm unsure.

Any help would be appreciated.
TIA
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 07:56 AM   #2
TGTIW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i

While just about every retailer has different part numbers for LCI and Pre-LCI, REALOEM shows that the LCI M-Sport part number supersedes the pre-LCI. And having just gone through this situation, I can confirm that other than a part number, there is absolutely no difference between the Bilstein B4 struts listed for LCI or Pre-LCI.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 03:44 AM   #3
TassieBMW
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: Le Mans Blue E90 330i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGTIW View Post
While just about every retailer has different part numbers for LCI and Pre-LCI, REALOEM shows that the LCI M-Sport part number supersedes the pre-LCI. And having just gone through this situation, I can confirm that other than a part number, there is absolutely no difference between the Bilstein B4 struts listed for LCI or Pre-LCI.
Awesome, thanks for that!
Appreciate 0