E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Clicking Noise

11-16-2021, 01:37 PM   #1
Pawluk7
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw E92 2007

Clicking Noise Help!

Need Help plz! Clicking noise is coming from Rear Driver Side Wheel Area, louder and more prominent when turning left. I have heard things such as CV Joint and Wheel Bearing, but cant find any info on the web about e92s with this noise/problem.

BMW 328xi 2007 (2 Door)

Anything Helps! Thanks

https://youtube.com/shorts/jCFty6zrqzo?feature=share

(Video of my car making the noise, link above)
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 09:05 AM   #2
TouringEnthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawluk7 View Post
Need Help plz! Clicking noise is coming from Rear Driver Side Wheel Area, louder and more prominent when turning left. I have heard things such as CV Joint and Wheel Bearing, but cant find any info on the web about e92s with this noise/problem.

BMW 328xi 2007 (2 Door)

Anything Helps! Thanks

https://youtube.com/shorts/jCFty6zrqzo?feature=share

(Video of my car making the noise, link above)

Don't mean to dig up an old thread but did you ever get this figured out? My 09 e91 just started to develop the same issue, I've been trying to dig around before I just throw parts at it, but nobody seems to have a well documented case of the issue
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 11:41 AM   #3
Suvorovo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Broken e90 330xi 6MT

Is your CV boot damaged? If not, could be the wheel bearing. Makes sense that the noise is more pronounced when turning. I've seen more wheel bearings fail than good condition CV axles. Also, wheel bearings are cheaper than axles on xdrive. I'd start with that.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 12:47 PM   #4
TouringEnthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suvorovo View Post
Is your CV boot damaged? If not, could be the wheel bearing. Makes sense that the noise is more pronounced when turning. I've seen more wheel bearings fail than good condition CV axles. Also, wheel bearings are cheaper than axles on xdrive. I'd start with that.
Didnt notice a bad boot when it was in the air. The noise is on and off over the past couple days. If I rotate the wheel while its in the air I can get a couple rotations, it gets tight, clicks, and the axle jumps and then it's loose again. The sound only happens when there's no power going to the wheels. Probably ordering parts this evening, was just hoping for a couple extra opinions. I appreciate it as a bmw newbie
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2022, 04:39 PM   #5
Suvorovo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Broken e90 330xi 6MT

Speak of the devil, my boot failed. Buy an Xdrive they said. It will be cool they said.
Appreciate 0