E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > *** Calling All Members With Problems With The 320i ***

02-29-2008, 02:39 PM   #45
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640i MSport Coupe

Well its nice to have it back.....yet to go far, so don't know if its fixed....!

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 11:01 AM   #46
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep

OK, well its not fixed........after driving around for an hour or so on Saturday we were stationary in traffic....wife, in the passenger seat, said "What was that? Is it STILL doing it??" Yep....its still doing "the shake"....up until then it was just a feeling that it wasnt running as smooth as it should...now its confirmed, I'm back to square one...and the problem is, I will now be waiting for it to die on me again.....

So, what next? Is anything happening with this collective complaint, or do I go it alone?

One things for sure, I am not going to be fobbed off with any old hire car again.

I am paying for a £32k motor so I expect to either have one that works properly, or be given one at least as good while mine is sorted out.....its just not good enough....

Any update on this would be helpful before I start beating my own drum....thanks.

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 03:58 AM   #47
yatesey
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320 SE cab

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbin View Post
OK, well its not fixed........after driving around for an hour or so on Saturday we were stationary in traffic....wife, in the passenger seat, said "What was that? Is it STILL doing it??" Yep....its still doing "the shake"....up until then it was just a feeling that it wasnt running as smooth as it should...now its confirmed, I'm back to square one...and the problem is, I will now be waiting for it to die on me again.....

So, what next? Is anything happening with this collective complaint, or do I go it alone?

One things for sure, I am not going to be fobbed off with any old hire car again.

I am paying for a £32k motor so I expect to either have one that works properly, or be given one at least as good while mine is sorted out.....its just not good enough....

Any update on this would be helpful before I start beating my own drum....thanks.

sorry to hear ur news , think we re ion the same boat.....iv just got mine back after swapping with the service tech guys to test another 320 demo for them and they to drive test mine...mine alot worse than theirs!! ..and they admited it..but dont know what to do!!..u only realise it when u get a comparison...ther was sopmekind of sugestion it might be common with the car and alright!!!...ye right!!
but now i have to wait to c what BMW want to do...it sounds like this version 29 software isnt the answer yet either!!!

Im getting really fed up of this now!!!...soon be 6 months since i picked her up!!.....think its a "unfit for purpose" thing now...and wud agree..an expensive one at that!!

ill let u know

"sex on legs!...well.. wheels!!..."
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 04:11 AM   #48
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep

Thanks yatesey....commiserations returned!

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 07:42 AM   #49
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep

Well I've just got in touch with Customer Services who, by the way, are unaware of any "unresolvable" issues with the 320i engine.......

They are going to contact one of my local dealers to arange something.....we shall see what happens next....

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #50
Trigger2007
E93 320i M Sport
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport Convertible

Quote:
Well I've just got in touch with Customer Services who, by the way, are unaware of any "unresolvable" issues with the 320i engine.......

They are going to contact one of my local dealers to arange something.....we shall see what happens next....
LOL trust me BMW customer services are very aware that they are having serious issues with this engine!!!

£39,000 car, that is about to get returned!!! The garage basically were ready to return the car to me, and I asked for an overview in writing on what they had done (After is been in 7 times I'm a little sketchy on whats been replaced) and basically to explain to me in writing that they had fixed the issue.

This quite simply stopped the garage returning the car to me, and they are now waiting for a regional BMW technician to take the car out and give his seal of approval or advice.

BMW UK have been made aware of the termination fee that they will need to foot if I return this car, and they are throwing everything at it.

The basics is, that the parts are okay, but the software isn't! They should never have used Microsoft Windows on it!!!

BMW E93 320i M Sport - Black Sapphire / Coral Red
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 02:12 AM   #51
yatesey
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

...erm I agree with trigg...thats a load of B**llocks!!..customer services have mine on record since October!!..and are advising my stealer with yet another attempt at resolving the probs this week

..write / email them ..and dont let them off the hook!

ill keep peps informed of any news

Y

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 03:32 AM   #52
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep

Thanks guys - I'm not surprised by your responses....I thought the info might get some reactions!!!

Anyway, to continue, dealers rang me...wanted to have it back in Cardiff when I had specified Newport...."because they/we know the car"....when I pointed out that Newport knew the car just as well since they carried out first "fix".....they went quiet....I shoudl perhaps explain that though I live equidistant between the 2, the Cardiff dealership is a pain for me to get to, whereas Newport is fine...

Newport then rang...we can look at your car next week......fine, what about a car for me....Oh...well....we are taking bookings for courtesy cars from April 11th!!!!!!! Well thats no good is it? No sir...well I could maybe get you an Enterprise car but there'd be a charge of £15/day, just like there is for our courtesy cars....Really? Well thats where I'll be going back to BMW because why should I pay for anything while BMW try and sort out my 8 month old car...??? Yes sir, I can see your point....well we could do a collect & deliver....hmmm, so what happens if you can't fix it in a day? Errr, well we will keep you mobile.....hmmm, OK then, lets go with that...(I'll use the Elise for the day once the school run is done!)

So, its booked for collect & deliver on the 14th....best they could do....just hope it doesn't let me down again in the meantime...

I think, as suggested, an email to customer services is in order today - any particular address used by people, or just the general one?

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 03:39 PM   #53
COLSEN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 320i MSport > Merc C220CDI

I got a call from my dealer today to say that they have a donor car and are currently swapping the parts out, but they think the V29 software will solve it, however they dont have a date.... what the hell is going on with BMW????

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 04:10 PM   #54
Trigger2007
E93 320i M Sport
United Kingdom
Rep

Hey Colsen,

Whereabouts are you, Im also in the North West??

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 03:02 AM   #55
bells0
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 23D

Beauty..........................engine light came on again this morning........................................... .........

Will leave it till lunch, see if it come back, otherwise it's a trip back to the dealers for the 4th time. Not a happy bunny [and mine had the software update in December!]. Still seems to drive ok though, silver lining and all that.............
      03-06-2008, 04:13 AM   #56
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep

Lengthy email just been sent to customer services with copy to BMW finance.

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 05:01 AM   #57
yatesey
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by COLSEN View Post
I got a call from my dealer today to say that they have a donor car and are currently swapping the parts out, but they think the V29 software will solve it, however they dont have a date.... what the hell is going on with BMW????
...mines at the stealers today swapping parts too.. so ill let u all know later

Y

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 07:41 AM   #58
COLSEN
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger2007 View Post
Hey Colsen,

Whereabouts are you, Im also in the North West??
Work in Warrington, live in Middlewich near Knutsford.... u??

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 07:43 AM   #59
COLSEN
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatesey View Post
...mines at the stealers today swapping parts too.. so ill let u all know later

Y
Well, Just been told, I have to wait 10 days for parts

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 08:04 AM   #60
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Well, Just been told, I have to wait 10 days for parts
Any idea what parts????

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 12:43 PM   #61
COLSEN
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Any idea what parts????
two Crankshaft sensors?? Apparantly they may have corroded?
But then I require the v29 software upgrade.. I also found out from the service manager he's aware of another 2 cars at their garage with the problem, 1 other e92 & 1 e93... yet BMW UK are telling me there's no known faults/recalls with them?
Hmmm funny this, especially as my bro in law bought a new freelander, was driving down the M6 when the Engine mangement light kicked in and went into limp mode and was told by the recovery... "yup, I've been replacing lots of fuel injectors on these and the new e92" ?? I've already had 2 fuel injectors replaced and I'm not sure what has been swapped over from the donor car? I complained to BMW UK again today, I find it frustrating paying over £30k to drive a load of hire cars that are worth approx half the price?!

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 01:28 AM   #62
Trigger2007
E93 320i M Sport
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Work in Warrington, live in Middlewich near Knutsford.... u??
I'm in Southport, so i think we may be using the same dealer group HJ's?

The good news is, I'm collecting mine today (Friday) after about 3 weeks of testing. The dealer basically is telling me that they have resolved the issue and that BMW technical has sorted the hesitancy problem, which then leads onto damaging the injectors. They have done software mods online from Head Office, but apparently haven't done the V29 update. Will find out more later.

Anyway, will let you guys know if it is actually fixed, although Im away on holiday in a week and half, so it aint gonna get a lot of miles on it for a while.

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 02:23 AM   #63
COLSEN
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger2007 View Post
I'm in Southport, so i think we may be using the same dealer group HJ's?

The good news is, I'm collecting mine today (Friday) after about 3 weeks of testing. The dealer basically is telling me that they have resolved the issue and that BMW technical has sorted the hesitancy problem, which then leads onto damaging the injectors. They have done software mods online from Head Office, but apparently haven't done the V29 update. Will find out more later.

Anyway, will let you guys know if it is actually fixed, although Im away on holiday in a week and half, so it aint gonna get a lot of miles on it for a while.

Yup, HJ's it is!! I'm collecting my hire car from there today, so I might see you there!! Let us know how you get on!

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 04:04 AM   #64
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep

Hmmm well Colsen's post seems to suggest "more of the same"........but then Trigger's seems to provide some hope.....maybe......

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 05:54 AM   #65
yatesey
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
two Crankshaft sensors?? Apparantly they may have corroded?
But then I require the v29 software upgrade.. I also found out from the service manager he's aware of another 2 cars at their garage with the problem, 1 other e92 & 1 e93... yet BMW UK are telling me there's no known faults/recalls with them?

Mines the E93!!!..seriously!!

..and yep....im waiting for the 2 sensors too...got told yesterday..at least the 10 days seems to be consistant!.....no wonder the system never reported a fault if the sensors werent working

customer services have gone a bit quiet tho....after the emails!..me thinks they waiting for these trials before replying.

Y

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 05:58 AM   #66
yatesey
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
....anyone know how to make a noise like a guinea pig?

Appreciate 0