E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > What was the best driving car you have driven?

04-08-2020, 09:24 AM   #45
A Scientist
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick100 View Post
see that's where I felt dissapointed with very fast cars on regular streets. I could not get those cars past second gear and I found holding back almost 95 % of the time .... My test drive consisted of 2 hard accelerations on an open road and cruising around because the car was just too fast for regular traffic. That's why u don't see many super cars on the street driving fast. most of the time really fast cars are just cruising on the street and I see why ...

Im sure that they are a ton of fun on a proper track with the right driver , but lets be honest here, how many of those guys driving super fast cars actually take them on a track on regular basis. Like I know 3 guys at my work that had fast cars ( GT350 , SRT392, E350 AMG) , they were mostly garage queens , they did not hit the road much , let alone saw any track time. Your regular joe is barely making 1000$ monthly payments on these cars to risk the chance to break something on it on a track day. They all ended up selling these cars after a year, the novelty wore off pretty quick.
One guys drives a GTI now and he is happy with it , he runs the crap out of it and he loves it , he says he has more fun than before and he pays a lot less. Other one has a regular e350 , he likes it. The last one has a camry now lol, he never really drove the AMG , he was just a poser

The only good thing these super fast cars are good for on the street is your random light to light race . Bragging rights. But honestly I cant even remember when was the last time I had a race like that on a street. Nowdays I find it so immature and whats even worst I know these races usually lead to some type of road rage where the other guy cant take the loss. So i just dont do them .

Buying a car that you cant push close to its limits is such a waste of money to me . I dont have that kind of spare money . Much rather something around 300 hp that I can push everyday and doesnt leave me stranded

All of this perfectly encapsulates why the "slow car fast" philosophy exists My buddy used to have a C6 Z06 with a now "paltry" 505hp. The first time he took me for a ride in it and hit it hard, all I could think was unless you want to end up in jail (or dead lol) there's virtually nowhere on the street that you can really use all of that power.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 09:42 AM   #46
Balr14
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

I was seriously considering buying a friend's Morgan 3 wheeler, but no place to keep it. I have driven it a number of times and it is about the most fun you can have sitting down with your clothes on!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 02:07 PM   #47
sleepydinosaur
Private
Rep
Drives: E91 328i

Speaking of "slow car fast", I had fond memories of driving a really sloooow car. A VW Lupo with a measly 75hp out of a 1.4L engine.

It should've been terrible on all aspects as a driver's car. Engine was neither high revving or torquey, suspension was tuned soft for urban streets, and the particular car I drove had a slushbox automatic. But the way it darted around traffic, the feel of road bumps through steering, the countless opportunity to floor it and hearing the engine groan... it was somehow fantastic.

I remember often picking the Lupo over my family RX350. The Lupo was borrowed from a friend, and I miss that car.
Attached Images

04-08-2020, 02:11 PM   #48
213e90n51
Banned
South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i, Honda Civic Hat

Garage List
2009 328i  [0.00]
2019 M4  [0.00]
2019 Honda Civic Ha ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydinosaur View Post
Speaking of "slow car fast", I had fond memories of driving a really sloooow car. A VW Lupo with a measly 75hp out of a 1.4L engine.

It should've been terrible on all aspects as a driver's car. Engine was neither high revving or torquey, suspension was tuned soft for urban streets, and the particular car I drove had a slushbox automatic. But the way it darted around traffic, the feel of road bumps through steering, the countless opportunity to floor it and hearing the engine groan... it was somehow fantastic.

I remember often picking the Lupo over my family RX350. The Lupo was borrowed from a friend, and I miss that car.
Coool if i had that i wouldve added a front splitter apr carbon fiber wing, a exhaust system. With some BBS LMs and alcantars flat bottom steering wheel. It would be a treat. Stock suspension tho, dont wanna mess up that ride like you said. It would be sexy asfk at car meets
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 09:33 PM   #49
arverson
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

My modded evo 8 which I sold recently. (Sold to a good friend tho so I can get to drive it now & then). That thing handled like it was on rails! Was my favourite car by far.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 04:29 PM   #50
S65Hunter
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Garage List
  [0.00]
1998 Carrera 911 4S. That car felt amazing.
Appreciate 0