E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Hixson BMW of Monroe, LA

06-11-2014, 06:11 PM   #1
georgelb
nsomneeak
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 RB 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [8.00]
Thumbs down Hixson BMW of Monroe, LA

It really doesn't get much worse than this.

Car was taken to this dealer while I was out of state, as I accidentally sucked paper towels into both intakes, and didn't have the means available to fix it myself, and there wasn't an Indy shop around that would touch it.

Hixson had my car over two weeks before they even pulled it into their bay, during which time I flew home and drove a rental, and when they were finally done they said a sensor was broken and needed to be replaced. It was a $100 t-map sensor, and they wanted to charge me $400.

I told them absolutely not, and they said that was fine, and that the car was fine to drive home (over 300 miles) and I could replace the sensor when I got home.

Their parts department didn't have a sensor in stock, and no other dealers within 100 miles had one in stock either. I had already burned enough work from home days on this that I couldn't order one online and wait, either, so I drove home in limp mode.

When I got home I found they had broken the wiring harness for the sensor, and upon fixing that the sensor worked fine, but then I discovered that they hadn't performed the work invoiced.

I ended up cleaning the paper towels out myself, by renting a lift, and had to file a dispute with Citibank to get the nearly $600 they charged me back. Hixson stopped all communication with me when I sent them pictures of the wiring harness.

Horrible, shady dealer; avoid this place.

More details on this nightmare can be found here: http://www.georgebelton.com/HixsonBMWofMonroe.php

RB Turbos w/ N20 TMAP Sensor | 93 Octane Protune by Cobb Plano | xHP Stage 3 | BMS DCI | STETT CP | Forge DVs | RB PCV | Helix FMIC | CP-E Catted DPs | Walbro 450 | Bilstein B12 | M3 Control Arms | Defiv Lockdown Kit | BBS CH | Michelin A/S 3+
Hixson BMW of Monroe, LA - Shady Dealer |
Appreciate 1
lab_rat394.50
      06-22-2014, 11:41 PM   #2
ryanakata
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 e92 335i AT

I agree. I live here but purchased my car at another dealer because of how terrible the dealer here is. They have the attitude that if the DME doesn't throw a code for it then there is nothing they can do. My car was under factory warranty and no mods and I took it in because the rear exhaust flap rattles like hell. They said its normal. I go in a while later with 51,000 miles and they agree the muffler should be replaced, isn't covered under CPO and for $1100 they can swap it. I left. Then they said they can reflash the entire car and that may fix it for $300. I'd avoid this dealer like the plague. I feel bad for all the suckers that fall for iit.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 12:44 PM   #3
georgelb
nsomneeak
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 RB 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [8.00]
Update:

After posting a negative review on their facebook page, with a link to the entire story on my site, I got a call from David Surguine, who is the new GM of this dealership. The Hixson family fired the old GM and brought in David to fix things. It appears they also fired the SA who 'helped' me.

David seemed genuinely concerned and disconcerted with my experience, gave me his cellphone number, and said he is working to turn the dealer around. He said he's been there about two weeks now, and wasn't aware of my particular experience until I posted it on their FB. He also said he'll be talking with the service manager and the tech that worked on my car to see what the breakdown was.

That really doesn't help my experience, but it is good to know they're trying to turn it around.

RB Turbos w/ N20 TMAP Sensor | 93 Octane Protune by Cobb Plano | xHP Stage 3 | BMS DCI | STETT CP | Forge DVs | RB PCV | Helix FMIC | CP-E Catted DPs | Walbro 450 | Bilstein B12 | M3 Control Arms | Defiv Lockdown Kit | BBS CH | Michelin A/S 3+
Hixson BMW of Monroe, LA - Shady Dealer |
Appreciate 0