E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Braman BMW Palm Beach

06-29-2006, 02:48 PM   #1
06alpine3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan

Braman BMW Palm Beach

It's a shame I have to mention this about a dealer where my family and I have had great buying experiences over the last 12 years and there service has always been excellent.

But over the last 2 weeks I have had 2 run flats replaced due to picking up nails on 2 separate occasions. I recently detailed my car and as I cleaned 2 of the rims that had the tires replaced I noticed a shitload of scratches on the rear left rim and even more on the front right. I couldnt believe it. And I am fucking angry right now. I'm sure its not easy working with run flat tires on wide sport wheels, but jesus christ, there are scratches on places that they shouldnt have had to touch. I counted as many as 10 separate scratches on the front rim and stopped at that point.

The car is a lease and I only hold it for another 17 months, but still, I'm furious. I'm dont planning on bitching anyone out there because they always treat me nicely there and help get me on my way as fast as possible. However, I will let them know of this and make sure Im not responsible for any of the damage they caused when I turn the car in next year.

The mechanics that work back there must be resentful bitter people that hate their jobs. I dont know how else this could happen, twice, total carelessness.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2006, 03:13 PM   #2
katsbimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 e90 328i Msport

Garage List
2010 328i LCI E90  [10.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06alpine3
It's a shame I have to mention this about a dealer where my family and I have had great buying experiences over the last 12 years and there service has always been excellent.

But over the last 2 weeks I have had 2 run flats replaced due to picking up nails on 2 separate occasions. I recently detailed my car and as I cleaned 2 of the rims that had the tires replaced I noticed a shitload of scratches on the rear left rim and even more on the front right. I couldnt believe it. And I am fucking angry right now. I'm sure its not easy working with run flat tires on wide sport wheels, but jesus christ, there are scratches on places that they shouldnt have had to touch. I counted as many as 10 separate scratches on the front rim and stopped at that point.

The car is a lease and I only hold it for another 17 months, but still, I'm furious. I'm dont planning on bitching anyone out there because they always treat me nicely there and help get me on my way as fast as possible. However, I will let them know of this and make sure Im not responsible for any of the damage they caused when I turn the car in next year.

The mechanics that work back there must be resentful bitter people that hate their jobs. I dont know how else this could happen, twice, total carelessness.
Dude you should have bought from Coggin in Ft. Pierce. Thats where i bought mine...
      06-29-2006, 03:27 PM   #3
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 i5M60 23 X740 23 Vette Z06

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2006, 08:11 PM   #4
Driv3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I have past experience....anything that has the word BRAMAN on it, i try to stay as far as possible from....they think and treat customers as if they are retarded... i really dont want to get started on what happened to me numerious times i tried to go to them for not only service but looking for cars....
      12-27-2006, 10:47 PM   #5
06alpine3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan

quick update on my latest Braman experience...

This goes back a couple weeks, I called them to schedule a service appointment to have my oil changed as my car was approaching a year of ownership. I also needed to have the weather stripping on the bottom of the rear windshield to be replaced because half of it was hanging over the trunk and it flapped around while driving.

So I call up, and Braman gives me this shit... one, that they arent doing warranty work, only service work, because they are backed up, and two, they wont change the oil until the car has been off the lot for a full year, which was 10 days away from that day. Long story short, i blasted the guy i spoke to on the phone and pretty much summed up my family nor i will be buying a 7th bmw from braman. The guy hung up.

The same day i called up Vista BMW in Coconut Creek and they said they had no problem replacing the weather strip and the car was due for an oil change because it had been over a year since the oil had been put in the car on the build date. I tip my hat to vista, their service is top notch.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 11:15 AM   #6
Huncowboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5, '19 750i

Thumbs down Braman Motors in West Palm Beach, FL - Horrible

I have always bought our cars from Vista in Coconut Creek, FL and had good service experience with just one exception. That is out of something like 30+ visits there since 2003. Then we've moved so I started to use Braman in Palm Beach. I had one extremely bad and long ordeal with them with my 330i last year. But mainly due to their closeness I still ended up getting a new 650i from Braman a few months ago. Let me tell you I had an OUTSDANDING experience with their sales department dealing with Mr. Ceresa there. So what comes next is a real shame because I am done buying cars from Braman.

Repair service at Braman is plain HORIBBLE:

1. Advisors at Braman are bad returning phone calls or keeping you up to date on a daily basis. This is happening with me with the 2nd technician in a row. She finally did call me the 2nd day to let me know it will not be done today. I did not even ask her why did she not call me yesterday. We went through that same story with a different advisor a year ago and got nowhere. Whatever.

2. Braman free loaners are dirty, unsafe, cheap, and old rentals from Enterprise. When it comes to free loaners I am not picky. Give me a clean Jetta, base model and I will be happy. Go buy a 650i at Braman and get a Dirty Chevy and an Enterprise agent trying to sell you their insurance for 10 minutes. Lovely. First time around I have said nothing. So I got a crappy Impala but fixing a hose on a windshield wiper tank will take only a few hours. I drove that impala for 3 days. So this time around I have complained and they gracefully gave me a 328i. I get that at Vista as standard. Once I even got an X5 there as a loaner.

3. Extremely long repairs at Braman. I have set up an appointment 3 days prior for 10AM, for a flat tire, and I have expressed that I needed the car back today. But time permitting I have also asked them to check on a mirror. Apperently it will take Braman 3 days to do this (or more?)! Why???

Here is why:
This is Braman's repair policy (I just had it explained me, yet again, 10 minutes ago):

When you make an appointment with Braman, the appointment is not for your car, but for you to see the service advisor. You cannot make an appointment with Braman for your car. When you leave your car there, even for the smallest thing, be ready to wait days to get it done. This is unacceptable. Especially for minor repairs, and especially if you have an appointment. I guess Braman does not realize that the rest of the business world makes appointments, and ETAs because that is the standard.

So it happens that my wife 335i's high pressure pump crapped out last weak and I had the car towed to Vista. Guess what. We got a 328i as a loaner, a phone call each day, and an ETA that they have kept. That is how it is supposed to be.

See you Braman! I am sooooooooo going back to Vista.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 03:37 PM   #7
ksierra
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i M sport

Angry Braman

i bought a 335i a couple months back that was a used CPO vehicle. Soon enough i had problems on the car so i finally found time to drop it off. They replaced a couple things free of charge which was fantastic, but small changes took one day shy of two full weeks. When i go to pick the car up not everything that needed fixing was fixed so i bring it back some time later.(also ordered wrong pieces multiple times) The second time, i got a new rear seat unit that wasn't the same as the last. So, we call braman to ask for the vehicle service record and they agree to give it to us. When we go to pick it up they tell us we can only have the record for the short amount of time that i have owned the vehicle and not from the single previous owner due to some privacy(even after insisting to white out or cut out the info from the previous owner) information from the prior owner. As i leave and stop somewhere for lunch i look over the little records they gave me. I became extremely infuriated from what i came across. During the two week drop off they had fixed an insane amount of things while referring to the cause being a prior frontal collision that had obviously occurred with the previous owner. The carfax records show the vehicle was previously at thier service department several times before and the report indicates what is was there for except for one time when it seems like it was there for a couple of months. It is safe to assume that this is when and where the collision was repaired. Specially since they are not willing to share the records. This is why they took two weeks fixing all the problems it had from the prior collision that they did their absolute best to keep us from finding out. The week after the second visit i am driving home from the gym when i notice the front lights vibrating. When i get home i get off the car to take a look and find the entire right side of the front bumper hanging. I took it to a body shop owned by a friend to be fixed where they tell me it looks like it had been in a collision. Even after calling BMW of North America to ask for the records prior to my ownership, braman refuses to give them up now giving the impression they are hiding something. Some attorneys that I have spoken to say this is a strong case where fraud has been committed. It seems i am going to have to get a court order in order to retrieve the prior service record, so i am sitting here hoping they do not trash the records that show the frontal collision and the amount of damage that occurred as a result of it. I do not recommend Braman to anyone. You are going to get yourself into a mess from hell. In fact, the clicking I took the car in for a few weeks after I purchased it is still there. I wouldn't wish this experience on the people that live to give me a hard time(sound familiar?).
Appreciate 0