E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Mount Kisco BMW

09-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #1
Joe-
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

Mount Kisco BMW

They are located in NY, I use to deal with pace bmw and they were the absolute worse, I decided to take my car to BMW mount kisco for turbo warranty repair since I didn't want a shaddy shop such as pace working on my car.

They did a great job, Vincent the service manager and Rick the service adviser both worked hard to get my car back to where it use to be! it's like having a brand new car and I can't thank them enough.

Massive follow up before and after. They kept me up to date on my car. Returned all my phone calls. Pace would always leave me in the dark, never call me back always made me feel uncomfortable, not mount kisco bmw, they were TOP notch in every category.

Friendly staff, lovely show room, free soda! was great!

I highly recommend if you are in the Tri state area and need a top notch service center, mount kisco is highly recommended.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
nydog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

I have to agree. I had issues with my 335i within weeks of purchase (non-BMW dealer). The first BMW dealer was absolutely useless. Mount Kisco BMW was recommended by my Uncle. Mount Kisco was able to fix my car under warranty. I was completely satisfied with their service.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
nrrm1127
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i SG/SB

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
Thanks for the update! Have been rubbed the wrong way by both Ray Catena BMW and Greenwich BMW - Port Chester
      08-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #4
914kid
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

Is mt kisco mod friendly? Anyone know?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
E90M0nster
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i X Drive

I have to agree with Pace being awful but this is more on a sales side of things. I looked at a 335 a few weeks ago and there sales team was so rude and disorganized.

"We have it in our other lot, why dont you call me later and I will let you know if it is here or not"

Prestige in Ramsey NJ was excellent, the salesman was on top of everything and still keeps in touch with me, and I walked out with a killer deal on a sweet 335i Xdrive.

Mount Kisco and Ridgefield BMW are my closest dealers though. Ridgefield is pretty awful though so I know I will be going to Kisco for all future service.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 04:34 PM   #6
montegokid94
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Is kisco mod friendly? I need a steering column looked at but am FBO.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 05:07 PM   #7
tomtom11
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

i wanna know if they are mod friendly as well
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 03:56 PM   #8
SLOWER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 M3

Garage List
I bought my car there from Jack. I would definitely go back there. They were great to deal with.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 03:02 PM   #9
nrrm1127
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i SG/SB

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
Just recently had regular maintenance done at Kisco. Good people - generally pretty solid service. Once in a while I've had to have them go back to look at the same issue, but can generally be trusted to do the right thing. Usually deal with Vincent Robustello directly and have had nothing, but positive experiences with him. Even was able to negotiate the price of labor on repair work to our X3 35i (let Mom borrow the car and she planted it into a curb at 35 MPH). All in all it's been a pleasant experience dealing with them.
      08-04-2014, 01:12 PM   #10
westchester335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sour Diesel and Haze

The SM Vincent can't bother to return a single call or email.

Still I figured I'd get a oil change there as they are the closest, I called to ask how much they charge they quoted $179 LOL.

What a bunch of turds.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2017, 12:21 PM   #11
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Deep Sea Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by westchester335i View Post
The SM Vincent can't bother to return a single call or email.

Still I figured I'd get a oil change there as they are the closest, I called to ask how much they charge they quoted $179 LOL.

What a bunch of turds.
They used to be good there now they are horrible!

Here is my YELP REVIEW:

Had I written this review a year ago it would have been a solid 5 star write up. Since 2006 up to now all my visits, mainly to get parts and servicing, have been 5 star experiences. Out of the NY tristate area dealerships this one had the friendliest staff and lowest pricing for parts and service. Even the new car sales staff used to be approachable and knowledgeable.

Lately BMW has switched around the staffing at dealerships, so lots of new faces come and go. They also restructured the design of all the NY sites so everything is either done by appointment or thru one solitary general reception desk.

As a result Mt Kisco has new faces that may not greet you when you come in. In the past Parts and Service was away from the Sales and Retail floor. It was clear where you needed to go and that made pick ups quick and simple.

Last week I happened to be driving by and casually popped in for a jug of Coolant. I'm not kidding but my visit went like this:

3:35pm. I parked in the visitors lot walked to the Parts entrance. It is now closed off. After a minute looking for an alternate door a tech directed me around the building to the Sales floor's glass door entrance.

3:37pm. After bouncing around the sales floor like a new kid on the first day of school I was told to go to a reception desk that was relatively far away from the entrance and partially hidden behind a gift shop kiosk. Instead of directing me into the parts department the receptionist pages on the over head speakers for a parts employee to come out and see me.

3:40pm I'm left standing in front of the desk where sales traffic is busily moving around me. There was nowhere to sit and wait since the reception area was in a nowhere zone behind the gift shop area kiosk. She pages again after realizing I am basically now loitering in front her desk. It felt awkward so I decided to browse the gift shop kiosks.

3:45pm. A blond red face bearded man comes barreling out the door behind the reception area carrying the biggest battery I've ever seen. He hands it to a tech from Darien BMW who was also waiting at the desk. The parts man was about to run back in when the girl flags him towards me. He takes my order of coolant and flies off before I could ask a question about some screws I needed for the trunk license plate trim.

3:50pm Before he returned I decided to browse the new electric cars on the sale floors. I had questions but no one either knew anything about the cars or didn't work in sales. A similar situation happened at the Tarrytown dealership where I was firmly told to make an appointment after asking a general question about an upcoming model. The receptionist and nearby staff who was hanging out with her had no understanding of the floor models right in front of her desk on the floors nor did anyone have any desire whatsoever to provide basic customer service to help me get answers. In the past someone would offer a brochure or explain window stickers and pricing before you were handed over to an assigned sale person. I experienced the same negative vibe at Mt. Kisco when trying to ask a basic question about cars sitting all day right in front of the employees.

My Parts guy eventually came with the coolant and my invoice but had to go back to get the screws and plate bracket I was trying to ask about the first time.

3:55pm He returned with the screws but had to get the brackets from some office in Sales. He didn't appear know where. The whole time I'm still standing uncomfortably at the desk.

4:00pm When he comes back to ring me up he has to awkwardly manuever around the reception area staff to use their billing/payment machine. I'm left wondering if he has to do this everytime someone buys something from Parts.

4:04pm after 30 minutes I am back in my car. Reflecting that a visit for coolant and screws usually took 5 minutes in the past and furthermore was much more positive.

I don't know the exact details of the restructing at the dealerships but I hope BMW bring back a seperate Parts Department and provides some sort of customer service training to the staff here.

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW E90 MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...Mod&UcId=20832
Appreciate 0