E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E90 headlight advice please

01-15-2019, 06:17 AM   #45
Dodsie75
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

Thanks everyone, I've just got a pair of second hand units so will be putting than in soon. Hopefully everything will work and no errors etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 07:01 AM   #46
mle93330
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330

Please explain my headlights

I've just bought a 2011 E93 330 petrol but the car has no operation manual.

I've been trying to understand how the lights should work and am confused as to what should happen so an explanation would be very much appreciated.

I can't make the inner lights come on at all and there is no levelling rotor for headlight height as there was on my previous bmws.

I've attached three pictures; the light switch, the headlights and a sensor in the middle of the windscreen that I think has something to do with the lights.

Any information on what I have and how they should work greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 12:28 PM   #47
Silver Streek
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325d E91

By the look of it you have bi xenon's. The A on the bulb symbol on the light switch is the auto lights position. Switch it here and your lights will come on and off automatically. I leave mine in this position permanently. If you have adaptive lights like me the inner light only come on when you turn sharply as if turning into a driveway off the road. When you straighten the steering the light will then go out. The idea is it illuminates the area you are turning into.
Also when your lights first come on they should point down then up then level out, this is them self leveling. If they are not they are not working properly.
This could be down to a broken arm of the level sensor (sometimes the arm just detaches itself) or a dodgy level sensor. There are two of these, one on the back suspension arm and one on the front suspension arm.

Also you can see in the bumper you have headlight washers, you always have these with xenons, and they must work for the MOT. They usually just work when the lights are switched on then will only work again after a certain number of uses of the windscreen washers. They wont wash with every use of the windscreen washers.

You know if you have adaptive headlights as when they are switched on they will move left and right as you rotate the steering wheel. They can also auto dip when a car drives towards you.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 11:47 AM   #48
GrandFinale907
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328xi E90

Can't start a new thread, seems most relevant page to post. Does anyone know how to adjust the highbeam on lci e90? Mine is angled down to low basically a low beam lol
Appreciate 0