E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > AVIN 8.8inch - who has this?

01-18-2019, 08:07 PM   #353
Mavverick
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieatlarge View Post
Recently installed an 8.8 inch android (Avin type) unit into a ProNav 2007 E93, which I purchased from Aliexpress. It came configured for the wrong Idrive Type and the wrong screen resolution (messes up the original scheme). Fortunately, after too many hours wading through the internet I realized I can change both by going to Factory settings and using code 1314. Idrive fixed but....
when I attempt to change the car type tp E60 8.8 I get the error message "SD card or U drive did not find file CarType.xml. This seems a bit strange because I am guessing that the list of optional "cartypes" from which I had to choose, would have read from this file. So, I can create the xml file from info I got off the internet, place it on an sd card and then what? Am I wrong in assuming that I actually need to reflash the whole OS?
Any help, files, etc would be most appreciated. Once resolved I will open a thread that lists exactly what was done and include all files.

Aliexpress probably will not respond to me.....
Don’t click “update config” after selecting iDrive type. Double click the iDrive type and a pop up will appear. Click the check mark on the pop up.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 11:22 PM   #354
bsmoov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e91 6 speed touring

I have the 10.25 inch unit and every time I turn on/boot the car up, it automatically turns on the “Music” app and plays the dumb ass Adele or Avril Levinge songs that are preloaded from the factory.

Shit is annoying to say the least. I even deleted those two songs (they are the only preloaded songs on there) and it still auto boots the “Music” app even though there are no songs in the folder.

Is there a way to bypass this? Can it just load the stock/home interface instead to auto directing into “Music?”
Appreciate 0