E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW of Austin...wow

05-23-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
javajaws
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i AW/Saddle/msport

BMW of Austin...wow

I've always been satisfied with the BMW Austin service department. But when I was in there the other day I was really amazed at their new customer service waiting area. Private office areas, computer kiosks, fish tank, plasmas everywhere, movie theater, Starbucks coffee service w/barista, massage chairs, etc. This place was WAY nicer than their old waiting room.

I almost didn't want to leave, but unfortunately it only took a couple minutes for them to hook me up with an X5 loaner (note to self...never buy a 3.0 X5).

Anybody have any pics of this place they can share?

Any other dealers with such extravagant waiting areas?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 12:42 PM   #2
chazzz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Chrysler 300S

Yup. At BMW of Riverside, they have nice waiting room. Small kitchen (with small sink and under-the-counter fridge). The fridge is full with water bottles, soda cans, juice, etc. There is a Starbucks coffee machine (no charge) and plenty of goodies on the counter. There is a big screen TV, glass-top coffee table supported by BMW wheels and engine block. Nice!!

CURRENT - 2018 Chrysler 300S, Crystal Granite Metallic.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
skimo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 vert Dinan II

i was just about to post this..BMW OF AUSTIN waiting room blew my mind..i was like NO WAAAY!! massage chairs, theater, business center, numerous LCD displays, (one of them has internet hookedup to it, found the wireless key board on the cofee table)...and complimentary drinks...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
Scarecrows25
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 - Jet Black

Classic BMW in Plano is just as nice... 3 PCs with internet access, and another three with Ethernet cables so you can plug in your laptop. Free Starbucks, Cokes, Pepsi, and all sorts of snacks and baked goods, and a 57" plasma on the wall. The only downer is that opposite the plasma is a wall of windows, so there's pretty bad glare on the TV
      05-23-2008, 01:24 PM   #5
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by javajaws View Post
I've always been satisfied with the BMW Austin service department. But when I was in there the other day I was really amazed at their new customer service waiting area. Private office areas, computer kiosks, fish tank, plasmas everywhere, movie theater, Starbucks coffee service w/barista, massage chairs, etc. This place was WAY nicer than their old waiting room.

I almost didn't want to leave, but unfortunately it only took a couple minutes for them to hook me up with an X5 loaner (note to self...never buy a 3.0 X5).

Anybody have any pics of this place they can share?

Any other dealers with such extravagant waiting areas?
Penske has really turned a mediocre dealership into a spectacular one, the service is great from front to back. The new lounge is probably about 7000 square feet of designer leather furniture. Love BMW of Austin now.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 01:26 PM   #6
jchristena
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Sparkling Graphite 2008 335Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by javajaws View Post
Private office areas, computer kiosks, fish tank, plasmas everywhere, movie theater, Starbucks coffee service w/barista, massage chairs, etc.

When he says "Movie theater", he is not kidding...a full on movie theater.

Last edited by jchristena; 05-23-2008 at 03:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 01:42 PM   #7
MBChariot
HESSEN///M3
Panama
Rep
Drives: TIag E46 ///M3

I love BMW of Austin as well. My wife went with me a couple of weeks ago after picking up my car from Inspection II and she was amazed, she hadn't been there before. The service is awesome and as long as I live in Texas my cars will not go anywhere else. I drive almost an hour to have my car serviced and there is a closer BMW dealership to me about 20 minutes away.

"A6 direction Saarbrücken"
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 02:24 PM   #8
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

LOL Movie Theater?!?! WOW - so this is where the premium on our cars goes!

I get it, our cars are in their shops most of the time, so they want to make us as comfortable as possible...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 02:53 PM   #9
javajaws
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i AW/Saddle/msport

My favorite "detail" service is that EVERY time I've taken the car in someone has come up to my car (and usually opens the door as well) and greats me by name. It's the little details like that which matter most. I've never had any other dealer be this detail oriented.

The service department has done their job, the car has done it's job, and I'm a BMW addict going on 2 years now...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 11:28 PM   #10
jamesh
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5

Great Service

I must add to this list of raves for BMW of Austin. When I took delivery of my ED BMW 328, I realized the trucking company had put a gouge in the rocker panel of my driver's side. Lonnie ordered a new one for me with no questions asked but the paint came out a bit lighter than the body. I went in again asking to see what could be done and David Parker, one of the other service managers told me they'll reorder a new piece and have it done again. Amazingly, instead of being annoyed, he even put me into a 545 as a loaner. Dustin, my service advisor has also been incredibly helpful and courteous. I was so impressed with their service that I called BMW NA on my own to compliment the dealership and their attention to detail.

On top of it all, I must say the waiting area is definitely tough to beat. Even compared to the supposedly top notch Lexus dealerships.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 01:48 AM   #11
Terrance28
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E92

I guess I know where to go to get my car serviced now. Garlyn shelton needs to stepup. They don't have Sh!t.
      05-24-2008, 11:38 AM   #12
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrance28 View Post
I guess I know where to go to get my car serviced now. Garlyn shelton needs to stepup. They don't have Sh!t.
They were a disappointment when we purchased our X5 there last year. They drilled in the front plate when explained numerous times not and they agreed to and then told me that they're required by law to do so, I said BS you don't even have my plates yet, then they blamed someone in service.

Our CA was never to be seen, so they passed us onto another guy from their Volvo department who didn't know anything about the X5.

Then they forgot to get mats from service before the parts dept. closed, then shipped me E53 mats for a E70. They mis-wrote the contract to our benefit but my honest wife corrected them.

I guess it's good enough and they must be selling lots of cars to Fort Hood folks but they suck even for a small dealership.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2008, 03:28 PM   #13
jamesh
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5

Update

Just an update with my car. Picked it up this past Tuesday when BMW of Austin called and said they decided to replace the panel with one with one from a brand new car that just arrived. This is the most impressive service I've ever seen, especially considering that the damaged part was not the dealership's fault. BMW of Austin deserves to be recognized for their outstanding service team.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 02:54 PM   #14
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrows25 View Post
The only downer is that opposite the plasma is a wall of windows, so there's pretty bad glare on the TV

tsk tsk....
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2008, 10:55 AM   #15
batchelorc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Deez nuts

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #16
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Bumping this post. I will have to agree with most of the members here. BMW of Austin is just an all round great dealership to deal with. Next time I'm in, I'll take some pics! **Update - they were kind enough to provide some for us - See below**

Just thought I'd compile a list of things that struck a cord with the limited interaction that I've had so far with the dealership experience and their employees.

My list of Pros:

1. Always greeted with a friendly face, both with sales and service staff.

2. For my 3 visits since owning my car (not for scheduled maintenance), the Service Dep't was able to take me in same day. Couldn't say the same for my previous Audi dealer across the street. Any appointment takes two weeks minimum.

3. All my issues were related to vibrations and sounds that the car made. I always waited, and came out a happy customer since it was always diagnosed and/or fixed. Unheard of.

4. Their waiting area is awesome. You have your choice of sitting in plush, modern black leather sofas in front of their large TV of the main waiting area, roaming around the merchandise area, sitting at dedicated workstations with full access to productivity/internet applications, and grabbing cookies/water/sodas and coffee (with a full-time barista).

5. The restroom facilities - wow. Rivals some of the restrooms in fancy restaurants. Even the towels provided are mini white terry cloths (embroidered with the 'BMW of Austin' logo) individually rolled on a platter.

6. Haven't been to their movie theater yet... (I've heard it's an actual theater) but will next time.

7. Each customer is given a buzzer for when your car's ready. I spent a lot of time browsing some of the new models in an adjacent building knowing that I wasn't wasting time since I was notified the moment that my car was ready.

8. Always can have friendly discussions with the sales team about random car subjects, from the weird things on Jalopnik to cycling in the greater Austin area. No pressure.

9. Zero bills (so far) due to BMW's Ultimate Service program. I thought I'd be hit with a bill when I told them to diagnose a slow leak on my work out RFTs. It so happened there was a nail in my tire. Even though I chose not to replace the tires at the dealership, they charged me no labor cost.

10. On checkout, the SA goes through everything done (and not done) in detail.

11. I got to join in on an M-Club owner's event (M5/M6 debut) a couple weeks back with some M-friends. They treated me just as nicely even though I wasn't an M-owner.

List of Cons:

1. Hmm... the fact that I have to think hard about this. Nothing, yet (and hope it stays that way).

Will update in the future. If you have a chance to stop by, it's highly recommended!

Last edited by Doctor///M; 08-02-2012 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: Added Video
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #17
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

^ This. Despite having been there a few times for maintenance and a couple of minor things, I didn't know about the movie theater until someone mentioned it to me. Well I got to check it out today, and just like the rest of the place, they didn't skimp on anything: 90-100" screen, surround sound, soundproofing on the walls and ceiling, reclining leather Barca loungers with cupholders in each armrest, and a 400-disc Blu-ray player loaded with about 100 movies for you to choose from with a remote, including brand new releases. Not a bad way to spend 90 minutes.

Mods can this be moved to the General Southwest section? I know this thread being in the Dealer Reviews subsection might make sense, but that section is itself a subsection of the Pricing/Ordering section, and this applies to the service department, not the sales department.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 06-19-2012 at 02:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #18
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Another big "thumbs up" for BMW of Austin. Tony Lamonte was kind enough to help with the purchase of my wife's 2011 135i. Excellent experience, we got a fair price, and they were kind enough to take a proper hour near closing time to walk my wife through all the fancy stuff her 135i came with. I recently purchased an X5 from another dealership and took it in to BMW of Austin get a few things looked at. Even though they were slammed and I did not make an appointment, they took perfectly good care of my needs. Impressed!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2018, 11:20 PM   #19
Anwarhossain
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 Volvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimo View Post
i was just about to post this..BMW OF AUSTIN waiting room blew my mind..i was like NO WAAAY!! massage chairs, theater, business center, numerous LCD displays, (one of them has internet hookedup to it, found the wireless key board on the cofee table)...and complimentary drinks...
Do enables both the yoga workout and heating therapy??
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 01:52 PM   #20
Fredo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

I was at the dealer yesterday to complete 2 recalls on my e90 335i. Amazing place !

1) Recall Campaign No.16V-071 : Driver's Front Air Bag
2) Recall Campaign No.17V-676 : Blower Motor Wiring
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2018, 08:21 AM   #21
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Man you guys making me see an actual positive of not DIYing and going to the stealer haha.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2018, 09:04 AM   #22
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Man, I need to move. My service area is horrific.

The only saving grace is:

1) They always give a loaner car, even for a tire rotation or oil change, so no need to use the waiting area.

2) It is a small BMW, Porsche, MB dealer - so there are usually fun cars to look at in the showrooms.

Last edited by Run Silent; 07-11-2019 at 07:27 AM..
Appreciate 0