E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Altanta, Ga BMW Dealers?

10-19-2005, 12:28 PM   #1
rcollini
Rep
Drives: Infiniti I30

Altanta, Ga BMW Dealers?

I am definately purchasing an e90, and will be doing so within the next month. Anyone have any experiences with Alanta based BMW dealerships? A friend of mine mentioned Global Imports, but i dont know their "real reputation".
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2005, 01:34 PM   #2
natalia
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW

A few weeks ago I sent out some inquiries for quotes to several dealers , 3 of them were in the Atlanta area. I have only exchanged emails with 2 of them. Global seemed to have a generic response asking me for my contact number before we could proceed with anything. I did not want that so I kinda forgot about them, then they sent me the same exact email again today (two weeks later).

Nalley gave me several quotes via email, which were about $1700 over invoice (my best quote was $1200 over invoice from an MD dealer). I can't remember what the 3rd one was, but it was in Gwinnet. After a couple of email exchanges, he never gave me a quote. But did say that they'd beat any offer by $300. And seemed nice enough. Oh by the way these two dealers said their doc fees were $399!!!!

Since I haven't decided on the options I want, I haven't tried dealing with them by phone.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2005, 02:27 PM   #3
mrbelk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i/6MT

I would strongly recommend Nalley BMW in Decatur. I've taken delivery of 3 BMW's from them (Mark Tishler and Adrian Avila) and the experiences have been outstanding.

My experiences with United BMW (they have a lot at Gwinnet Place Mall as well as one on Alpharetta Hwy in Roswell) are not that good. The client advisors I've dealt with haven't been very knowledgable about the product, and they wouldn't deal on the ED price when I was shopping my 545i.

-MrB
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2005, 07:20 PM   #4
killajay86
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Honda Accord

It well knew around atl

My Aunt Bought her 525 i from global import and every one else I know
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2005, 01:15 AM   #5
lxapilot118
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i + SC Mustang

I got a great deal from BMW of Columbus, in Columbus, GA. Ask for Jeff Logue.
      10-20-2005, 08:45 AM   #6
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

I bought my car from Global Imports. My Sales rep was a Mr. ZaK Reitzfeld. 770.951.2697 x343 (I have his card in my desk).

He was a pleasure to deal with and always recognizes me when I swing by the showroom to look at the new cars.
(I bought my car over 2 yrs ago).
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2005, 02:36 PM   #7
itznin
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

Use Nalley (GA) or Richmond BMW (VA), both owned by the same group so the prices will be very comparable. Both will treat you well.... tell them you know someone at corporate in NYC.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2005, 05:56 PM   #8
rcollini
Rep
Drives: Infiniti I30

Thanks for all the help guys. Socom, you are right, Zak is the man. he is the most amazing Sales Professional i have met.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2005, 10:04 PM   #9
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

I was shopping the Atlanta Market a few weeks ago. Global and Athens BMW were offering the best deals. Nalley was the highest with United following.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2005, 09:51 PM   #10
E24
DUBYA
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328I - 6MT

I ordered through BMW of Macon GA www.bmwofmacon.com - they will deliver a service loaner anywhere throughout GA for as long as you own your BMW. Contact Justin. I'm in Gainesville FL and this BMW center cut me the best deal by far.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2005, 09:32 PM   #11
wahoo
Bangin' my head against the wall
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Mark Tishler at Nalley..I'll never order a car from Global -ever. Zak there tried to charge me twice for 19" option on a ZCP M3. When I pointed it out he was completely clueless...'yes, you're correct, here is the ____dollar amount for it..all the while, the ZCP COMES w/ CSL style 19s. I've never had a good experience there and they've insulted my wife a couple of times...asked her if she could really afford a 5series b/c she was driving a loaner rental since the GS was totaled...too bad, so sad...bought a GS400 outright. Can't say enough about Nalley in Decatur and Mark. Global, politely, sucks...
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2005, 04:13 AM   #12
z06cool
Driving Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

I have made inquiries to 4 dealerships in Atlanta both on email and the walk-up method before I got my 330i. Global BMW never responded to my various emails. United BMW of Gwinnett was courteous and informative in the test drive but did not follow up and did not seem "interested" in a sale. Same goes for United BMW of Roswell. I ended up doing business with Tanzir Rafi, Internet Sales Manager at Nalley BMW in Decatur. This was a little further away for me but well worth the trip. Tanzir is TOP-NOTCH! He is prompt with email and vmail follow-ups and was able to give me a great deal on my 330i. He holds true to his word and my overall experience with Nalley was very professional and pleasant. Nalley will get my future business as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2005, 07:10 PM   #13
dme330i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Huracan, GT3, 66 GTO

Global gave me the best deal of all the Atlanta dealers, and they seemed the most willing to negotiate on the phone. Kagan Scott was my CA.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2005, 09:09 AM   #14
Brett
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2000 BMW 323 CiC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dme330i
Global gave me the best deal of all the Atlanta dealers, and they seemed the most willing to negotiate on the phone.
Yes, Global has definitely started to change for the better! Contact Greg Jordan he is a great guy, who has true passion for BMWs. He is always in know, checking forums and rumor sites, and will not steer you wrong. He is hooking me up with the 1st 335i Hardtop Convertible the dealership gets, likely one of the first in the region!

-Brett
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2005, 08:59 PM   #15
wantmye90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330

I shopped all the dealers in Atlanta and surrounding markets. Got my best deal at Global, but it wasn't real easy. Had a less than desirable experience with one rep, then complained to management and was assigned another rep. Management there really seemed to care about my experience and did a great job from there. I hope that post sale service is good. Danny C. was great to me and I would recommend him.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2005, 09:53 PM   #16
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantmye90
I shopped all the dealers in Atlanta and surrounding markets. Got my best deal at Global, but it wasn't real easy. Had a less than desirable experience with one rep, then complained to management and was assigned another rep. Management there really seemed to care about my experience and did a great job from there. I hope that post sale service is good. Danny C. was great to me and I would recommend him.

Usually hear good things about Sonic Automotive owned dealerships.

Global BMW - Atlanta, GA

BMW of Nashville (TN)

BMW of Chattanooga (TN)

Century BMW - Greenville, SC

Tom Williams BMW - Birmingham, AL

Beverly Hills BMW - Beverly Hills, CA

Stevens Creek BMW - Santa Clara, CA'

BMW of Fort Myers - Fort Myers, FL

BMW of Ann Arbor - Ann Arbor - MI

Momentum BMW/MINI - Houston, TX

Momentum BMW West - Houston, TX

BMW of Fairfax - Fairfax, VA

Supposedly acquired Fletcher BMW - Fletcher, NC (outside of Asheville)

They own hundreds of other dealerships also Sonic Automotive owned Dealerships
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2006, 08:47 PM   #17
userdmx
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw m3

Trying to get the best deal I can on 330i sports prem and nav in the Atlanta area...so who is the cheapest dealer?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2006, 09:27 AM   #18
Sp82
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5/G30 5er

userdmx, I just bought my car from Global Imports, they were excellent, let me know if you go there, I have someone you can talk to...awesome guy, very respectful. DO NOT GO TO Hank Aaron, rude, terrible service. As for Nalley, I havent dealt with their BMW, but I have with Nalley Lexus, and I'll tell you that I'd NEVER buy any car from ANY Nalley dealer because of the service I got at Lexus.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2006, 09:09 PM   #19
wantmye90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by userdmx
Trying to get the best deal I can on 330i sports prem and nav in the Atlanta area...so who is the cheapest dealer?
To get the best price, you have to believe the golden rule: the dealer doesn't set the price, YOU DO.

In today's economic climate, you should offer invoice in person with checkbook in hand and one of the three or so Atlanta dealerships should take your offer. Be prepared to walk if they don't. Global played ball with me. Try Danny C. He is very honest and all about service, IMO.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2006, 01:24 PM   #20
whippersnapper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: people mad

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Mine is coming from United Gwinnett but tha tis more to do with the fleet lease company my corp deals with than me. Although it is close to my office. I met one CA when I drove a 330i who was a tool and ended up dealing with a woman who was much better.

However I disliek dealerships anyway so it was great to deal remotely via the fleet lease concierge person or whatever they call themselves
      07-02-2006, 09:50 PM   #21
ed328ci
Grumpy
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Adrian at Nalley is a good guy.
      07-07-2006, 09:34 AM   #22
QwaZyWabbiT2
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Global Imports

I know people have negative experiences no matter what dealership you go to. Keep in mind that all dealerships want to make money and you want to get the best deal. This tension is called "negotiation". I find so many people hate this because they do not take the time to realize that salespeople, regardless of industry, are tasked with making their respective company money. The best dealership is the one that builds the most value for the deal. I found that the guys at Global, in particular Zak Reitzfeld, did an outstanding job. He is clear, concise, and honest. He answered all my questions, even when it wasnt the answer i was hoping for. He is most hospitable, and actually was concerned to make the deal. To do that he addressed all my concerns, showed me my options, and let me have the choice. It is refreshing to have a professional helping me instead of an unprepared, uneducated, lot lizard. Thank you Zak for an awesome buying experience!!
Appreciate 0