E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Vista BMW of Coconut Creek

07-14-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
Haifisch
United_States
Rep
Drives: Arctic Metallic 2008 335i

Vista BMW of Coconut Creek

Purchase date: June 23rd, 2012

My 2001 525i was a little long in the tooth so I decided to start shopping. Checked out Vista online and saw a few I liked so went to the dealer the next day.

Upon arrival my wife and I were greeted by Lawrence (or Larry as some of the guys call him). We informed him immediately that we were on a schedule and told him exactly what cars we wanted to see. Looked at two different 5 series and neither one really jumped out at me, so we moved onto the 335i.

Vista only had one CPO 335i at the time, and Larry wandered all over the lot looking for it, only to find out it had been moved to the showroom. So onto the showroom we went, took a good look at it and I decided to take it out.

Test drive went smooth as silk, however we almost had to eliminate it as a choice due to my wife having a minor back issue from a rear collision she experienced not too long ago. After hearing this Larry immediately spoke up and told her about the leg extension in the seats. He told us he too suffered from back pain and that the extensions really help. Well damn if Larry wasn't right, after a few more goes around the block she said her back felt great and she was as comfortable as could be.

Upon arriving back at the dealership we went to Larry's desk and told him we like the car very much and we do want it, however we have somewhere to be in 2 hours and we can't be late, can it be done?

Needless to say Larry made it happen, he couldn't have been more professional and he delivered everything we asked for. The finance guy had a hard time grasping that we were on a schedule and he didn't seem pleased that we were buying it out right and not financing (he kept trying to convince me to go with a few monthly payments and then pay it off).

After all was said and done Larry congratulated us on the purchase and asked me to call him when I was free to bring the car back as he wanted to show me a few tips and tricks and inform me of some of the services Vista offers.

My wife and I were very pleased with the experience and very impressed with the professionalism Larry exhibited as well as his consideration for both of our needs.

Would highly recommend and will definitely do business with them again!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 02:14 AM   #2
CrazyNole21
Phizzle
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i

Glad you're happy with your 335i CPO purchase. I too was on a schedule when buying my 335i at CarMax in Orlando(Airport location). Was in and out under 3 hours w/financing done and extra warranty purchased. This is my 2nd vehicle bought from this dealership. I highly recommend them too.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 07:08 PM   #3
bodybump
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: APHINE WHITE E90

Sweeet!!! I myself got my car from Vista Coconut creek and i drag them from $37k to $29k for brand new 328i 2011...but then i was so excited when i met with the finance guy i was just signing and singing the papers and when is all said and done after a couple of days while i review my title and receipt i end up paying it for $32k with all the add ons....im telling you when they send you at the back with the finance guy thats where all the action is...Post some pics!!! Congrats!!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2015, 03:14 PM   #4
Ti317
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Easily the worst in South Florida

When Vista was at Pompano Beach only, they were competitive but since the addition of the Coconut Creek dealership, they gradually have become a low rate outfit.
They charge up to twice MSRP for parts and when called on it, the part manager's response was "We use a different matrix for our pricing".
So I was reluctant to go there but they we're the only dealership with the car I wanted CPO.
The sales staff was awesome but the service department and finance leave everything to be desired.
Too much to go into in detail but here are a few highlights:
Asked to have belt squeal fixed prior to delivery , so they had a second chance to make sure the car was right. It lasted less than 8 miles the night I bought it when it stopped without warning leave us stranded. The dealership was closed but our salesman rescued us and provided a loaner.
I had to keep calling the next day and kept getting the runaround that they were "working" on it. Only found out the next day that the engine had seized!
They are supposed to be getting a new one next week.
In the meantime I have a POS 328 that they promised to replace from this morning. 4pm still haven't heard from them and my loaner agreement ends tomorrow anyway.
The finance department has all the efficiency of the DMV with the organization of a Chinese fish market. This was a cash and trade sale and they made it seem hard.
The matter is still being worked through and I may revise and extend my remarks after things are all worked out.
At this point, I am hard pressed to say anything good about any department other than CPO sales.

We shall see.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 06:11 AM   #5
Ti317
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Update. Picked up the car last Friday. I had a chat with the service manager. He showed me some pictures of the main bearings and he seemed as at a loss to explain why the engine let go and never gave an error or warning light of any sort.
The thing he did mention was that the car had been walnut blasted to clean CBU less than 500 miles ago. Hmm.
Anyone hear of engine failures after walnut blasting?
Car drives well. I am still waiting to see if BMW or the dealership makes any concessions to me regarding extending either warranty or offering help with a camera retrofit.
Vista has indicated they will but I have to wait and see what is done.
Appreciate 0