E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Wheels and Tires Items > 18" Staggered Apex ARC-8 w/tires



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-23-2018, 12:33 AM   #1
jwareing89
New Member
3
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: 2011 335is e92 LeMans Blue
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (1)

18" Staggered Apex ARC-8 w/tires

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
I am selling a set of staggered Apex ARC-8 wheels in Hyper Black (kind of a gunmetal color) with Continental ExtremeContact DW tires. Measurements below:

Front:
wheels:18x9" ET30
tires: 245/40ZR-18
Rear:
wheels: 18x9.5" ET35
tires: 265/35ZR-18

I went for 245 on the front, which is a little wider than the 235 that people usually get with these wheels, because I prefer a meatier look and I wanted to maximize ride quality over imperfect pavement where I live. I would very occasionally get minor rubbing from the front right tire when reversing at low speeds. Other than that, no rubbing. These were on my 2011 335is for about 15k miles, never tracked or autocrossed. There is a good deal of tread left.
The wheels were never curbed and the finish still looks great. Any imperfections are unnoticeable unless you have your face in the wheel.
Texas buyer preferred, I'd rather not have to ship. Houston/Austin are easiest. Message me if you have any questions!

Attached Images
    
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 11:01 PM   #2
UncleShrek
First Lieutenant
63
Rep
398
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 328i
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Houston, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Pm sent!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2018, 03:05 PM   #3
JDang
Private
33
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: '07 335i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Houston / Sugar Land

iTrader: (0)

I may be able to pick these up. I live in Houston and have been looking for ARC-8s for a while now. You seemed to have taken great care of these wheels. May I ask do you have M-Sport Suspension on your vehicle or any suspension modifications such as coilovers or even fender rolling?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2018, 06:12 PM   #4
Barefoot-335is
Second Lieutenant
44
Rep
282
Posts

Drives: 2012 335is Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Barefoot Beach

iTrader: (0)

Pics of them on the car?
Just want to see a 335is with them on it, wanting to see how hyper black looks
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 12:43 AM   #5
jwareing89
New Member
3
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: 2011 335is e92 LeMans Blue
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDang View Post
I may be able to pick these up. I live in Houston and have been looking for ARC-8s for a while now. You seemed to have taken great care of these wheels. May I ask do you have M-Sport Suspension on your vehicle or any suspension modifications such as coilovers or even fender rolling?
The only suspension modification I had on my car were Koni FSD shocks. Didn't change ride height at all. Was on stock 335is springs. No fender rolls etc.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 12:48 AM   #6
jwareing89
New Member
3
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: 2011 335is e92 LeMans Blue
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot-335is View Post
Pics of them on the car?
Just want to see a 335is with them on it, wanting to see how hyper black looks
Here's some pics from the night they were installed. Dang I miss this car.
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 07:16 AM   #7
Barefoot-335is
Second Lieutenant
44
Rep
282
Posts

Drives: 2012 335is Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Barefoot Beach

iTrader: (0)

Thanks!!!
How did you like the FSD's?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 11:31 PM   #8
E92TiAg335i
First Lieutenant
United_States
38
Rep
354
Posts

Drives: 2013 M-sport 335i 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Boca Raton,FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwareing89 View Post
I am selling a set of staggered Apex ARC-8 wheels in Hyper Black (kind of a gunmetal color) with Continental ExtremeContact DW tires. Measurements below:

Front:
wheels:18x9" ET30
tires: 245/40ZR-18
Rear:
wheels: 18x9.5" ET35
tires: 265/35ZR-18

I went for 245 on the front, which is a little wider than the 235 that people usually get with these wheels, because I prefer a meatier look and I wanted to maximize ride quality over imperfect pavement where I live. I would very occasionally get minor rubbing from the front right tire when reversing at low speeds. Other than that, no rubbing. These were on my 2011 335is for about 15k miles, never tracked or autocrossed. There is a good deal of tread left.
The wheels were never curbed and the finish still looks great. Any imperfections are unnoticeable unless you have your face in the wheel.
Texas buyer preferred, I'd rather not have to ship. Houston/Austin are easiest. Message me if you have any questions!
I'm interested, but i'm in South Florida if you'd consider shipping at all.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 11:59 PM   #9
jwareing89
New Member
3
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: 2011 335is e92 LeMans Blue
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot-335is View Post
Thanks!!!
How did you like the FSD's?
I liked them a lot. I got them because I wanted to improve ride quality. Not a night and day difference, but definitely eliminated a fair amount of the crashiness over potholes and the bad pavement of Houston roads. I do think that switching to 18" wheels made just as much of a difference though, if not more.

Only annoying thing with FSDs was that over long road imperfections, like dips or humps (longer but less severe than potholes or speed bumps, for example), there was occasionally a slight feeling of floatiness.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 12:01 AM   #10
jwareing89
New Member
3
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: 2011 335is e92 LeMans Blue
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92TiAg335i View Post
I'm interested, but i'm in South Florida if you'd consider shipping at all.
Hey, thanks for the interest, but I am gonna stick it out for a while and see if I can find a local buyer.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 09:39 PM   #11
JDang
Private
33
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: '07 335i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Houston / Sugar Land

iTrader: (0)

I live in Houston and am highly interested in these set of wheels you got here.

Can you upload a picture of how it looks from the rear?

What part of Houston are you in?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 11:59 AM   #12
jwareing89
New Member
3
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: 2011 335is e92 LeMans Blue
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDang View Post
I live in Houston and am highly interested in these set of wheels you got here.

Can you upload a picture of how it looks from the rear?

What part of Houston are you in?
PM sent
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 12:02 PM   #13
jwareing89
New Member
3
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: 2011 335is e92 LeMans Blue
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (1)

A note for everyone interested in these, the inside of the rear tires are pretty worn, I would definitely advise swapping the way they are mounted so that you can get the most out of the remaining tread. I would say if you swap them, the rears have like 6 months' worth of tread left on them if you drive normally.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 08:20 PM   #14
e90_want_e92
Private
e90_want_e92's Avatar
0
Rep
83
Posts

Drives: 07 e90 335i TiAg
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Atlanta,GA

iTrader: (3)

Still available?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 12:29 PM   #15
UncleShrek
First Lieutenant
63
Rep
398
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 328i
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Houston, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwareing89 View Post
A note for everyone interested in these, the inside of the rear tires are pretty worn, I would definitely advise swapping the way they are mounted so that you can get the most out of the remaining tread. I would say if you swap them, the rears have like 6 months' worth of tread left on them if you drive normally.

When are you in Houston again?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 06:06 PM   #16
jwareing89
New Member
3
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: 2011 335is e92 LeMans Blue
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleShrek View Post
When are you in Houston again?
PM sent!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 08:54 PM   #17
posite
Second Lieutenant
posite's Avatar
10
Rep
234
Posts

Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: TX

iTrader: (5)

Ever go to WTX? May be interested if I can meet you halfway.. Lubbock, TX
__________________
07 335i
12 335i
09 335i
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 04:45 PM   #18
jwareing89
New Member
3
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: 2011 335is e92 LeMans Blue
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (1)

Bump. Dropping price to $1k. Wheels can be picked up in Austin or in Houston, will not ship.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 02:21 PM   #19
Cabdriver
Private First Class
Cabdriver's Avatar
49
Rep
143
Posts

Drives: 2009 E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Ill pay asking if you meet half way....

GLWS bump!
__________________
2009 e90 335i
6MT*Sport Package*Factory Location VRSF Inlets/Outlets*VRSF 7"HD IC & DCIs*FTP Low Temp Oil cooler Thermostat*VRSF DP & 335is Mufflers*Turbosmart Diverters*Custom Tune*550 Clutch & Delay Valve Removed*e93 M3 FSB*Custom Seeping Oil Pan
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 10:59 AM   #20
JimboCrabins
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i e90
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Houston TX

iTrader: (0)

I'll take these off your hands if they are still available. I am in Houston.

FYI I just made an account because I saw these. It says I need to wait an hour to PM after making my first post. Once that's all good I'll PM you.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 06:01 PM   #21
2fst4you
New Member
0
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: 07 335XI
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: White Lake, MI

iTrader: (0)

Let me know if you decide to ship
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 11:41 AM   #22
jwareing89
New Member
3
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: 2011 335is e92 LeMans Blue
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (1)

Wheels have been sold!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
18 inch, 335is, apex, arc-8, continental, tires, wheels

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST