E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > XI on Road course

07-14-2018, 01:58 PM   #89
putnampunk
Private
Rep
Drives: M3/4/5, E91, LeMons E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by boro92 View Post
You can't over lower the car - even beyond 1 inch. The rear toe is not as adjustable as desired and as a result, dropping the car (even on eibach prokits) will yield rear toe-in at levels that really lock the rear axle down. Great for street, great for confidence but not great if you're trying to set the car up to freely rotate based on driver inputs.

So depending on ride height, you will need to get rear toe-links to keep that in check. Front camber plates - ideally one that is not bushing based. There's too much deflection in the front rubber shock mounts that even if you remove the alignment pins and get some camber, the front end washes out very early no matter what you do. Take that deflection out, and you will have a car with much higher grip limits on the front axle.
Do you mean you don't want to over lower the car and that even 1" may be too much? That first sentence I quoted and your blog post seemed to be different meanings, if I didn't read the other first. I originally was planning on getting Eibach Pro Kit along with Koni Yellows, but might just skip those or ZSP springs as I don't have too much issue with the ride height visually and don't want to ride bump stops. I definitely want the Syncro Design Works Thrust Arms and then freshen up the ball joints after a rough winter / pot hole season.

And are you talking about the offset camber plates and the rubber stock mounts being the issue (Dinan)? Not, for example, the ground control street plates with an urethane bushing for a compromise between no and too much compliance? I run the hybrid plates on my E36 M3 and like them a good amount and am debating if I should just get them for more caster and some more negative camber, even if only on a street-driven (maybe Auto-Xed) wagon.

I'm also curious on what are good RSMs to run when putting in the Konis and not likely touch rear suspension for right now. I want a LSD long-term and would consider solid RSBs and replacing all the arms / swaybar with M3 spec at that point. I tracked with no rear bar on my old GC'd E30 and stock ones on my LeMons E30 and E36 M3 so usually don't go for more aft bar. (A slighter thicker front bar and M3-style end link attachment did help on the LeMons though, but perhaps unnecessary on an AWD E91)
Appreciate 0