E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > ► ► ► PHOTOS NOW POSTED !!! NURBURGRING --- 15th - 19th May ◀ ◀ ◀

04-03-2009, 12:16 PM   #243
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Does that photo shoot include any other sorts of photos beside trackside?

I was thinking maybe some artistic nude shots over the car?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #244
neo871
Major
Romania
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive MPPSK

how many laps do you guys plan to get on the Rring/day?

I also think that we all should be up for the photos....(Jochen), 75 euro doesn't seem that much at all....
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 12:49 PM   #245
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
Does that photo shoot include any other sorts of photos beside trackside?

I was thinking maybe some artistic nude shots over the car?
I'm sure if you paid Jochen well enough, he'd take nude pictures of you sprawled over your car.. just don't stick your dick up the tailpipe though, that's gross....
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 12:50 PM   #246
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo871 View Post
how many laps do you guys plan to get on the Rring/day?
How many laps?! Um... well, I did something like 40 laps over the two days when I went with the E90post guys last summer!!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #247
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
I'm sure if you paid Jochen well enough, he'd take nude pictures of you sprawled over your car.. just don't stick your dick up the tailpipe though, that's gross....
I do have standards Tony.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #248
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
I do have standards Tony.
...low as they may be.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #249
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Hell, Tony, you need to get an E-Z-Pass and bypass the toll booth altogether.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 01:55 PM   #250
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank View Post
Hell, Tony, you need to get an E-Z-Pass and bypass the toll booth altogether.
I know... that's why this year I'm getting an annual pass.. I'll do probably 50 laps this May trip alone!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #251
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
I did 8 laps last year which was sufficient. I think Paul did even less.

You can passenger with anyone of us at any time so laps of fun are a plenty.

I must have done 4 with Tim, 8 Tony, 8 with steve, a lap with paul a lap in a E30 race car and my 8 laps.

That was in just a day and half and with watchng the belgian grand prix for two hours Neo.
      04-03-2009, 06:38 PM   #252
jjbirch
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60 530D M SPORT

Garage List
its a silly question but do u need a pasport as my one as run out
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 09:36 PM   #253
neo871
Major
Romania
Rep

Thank you all for the info.....

@jjbirch
I can travel in the EU with your ID....
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 02:46 AM   #254
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbirch View Post
its a silly question but do u need a pasport as my one as run out
Yes... you need a passport to get into France...!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 02:46 AM   #255
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thank you all for the info.....

@jjbirch
I can travel in the EU with your ID....
But the UK does not have an EU-wide identity card, hence we need the passport
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 10:09 AM   #256
neo871
Major
Romania
Rep

Yes, you may be right...
Also, I wanted to say that that "YOU can travel in the EU with your ID" not "I" :
)
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 06:48 PM   #257
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Quote:
How many laps?! Um... well, I did something like 40 laps over the two days when I went with the E90post guys last summer!!
Sh!t...thats a whole lotta laps! I only did 5 when I went last summer and thought that was all I wanted to put the M3 through!

You must go through some tyre with that many laps??
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 06:50 PM   #258
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Quote:
I have a separate arrangement with Jochen already, but if the group wants to organise a big group photo session at the discounted rate of €75 per car, sign up here and I'll let him know...

Tony - photo YES
Tim - photo YES
Carl - photo yes/no ??
Floyd - photo yes/no ??
Jan - photo yes/no ??
Steve Hoops - photo yes/no ??
Steve A - photo yes/no ??
Will - photo yes/no ??
Andrei (neo871) - photo YES
Andrew (palmball) - photo yes/no ??
Baris - photo YES

Yes please! When would this be arranged for and do I need to do anything else?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 12:28 AM   #259
neo871
Major
Romania
Rep

Yes, same question here...do I need to do something for this photo shoot? like providing license plate no.? or we'll just meet Jochen there?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 12:47 AM   #260
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmball View Post
Sh!t...thats a whole lotta laps! I only did 5 when I went last summer and thought that was all I wanted to put the M3 through!

You must go through some tyre with that many laps??
Um.. not really ?! The front tyres were a bit rounded (!) but I still had 4mm of tread left (they had only done 4000 miles prior to the 'Ring). The rears have lasted two 'Ring trips - from last summer till now, they've done 14,000 miles + the 'Ring and are still going strong!!! No sign of inner-edge wear either
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 12:49 AM   #261
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmball View Post
Yes please! When would this be arranged for and do I need to do anything else?
Quote:
Yes, same question here...do I need to do something for this photo shoot? like providing license plate no.? or we'll just meet Jochen there?
No, just for now there's no need to do anything.. I'll be collating the info and passing it onto Jochen, and then we'll organise a bit of a catch up at the 'Ring cafeteria so he can get to meet everyone
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 12:51 AM   #262
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Right then - UPDATE

So, depart Blighty on the Friday, 15th May... returning, well, whenever you guys want to return...! I'm coming back on the Tuesday...

Eurotunnel train at 8:50am, getting in at 10:25 local time - we'll be at the hotel by about 2:30pm... Book Eurotunnel Here

Whoever's coming, book your tickets now, as they will start going up in price!!

And I'm staying at the Mercure Hotel in Koblenz - click on the link to make your reservations!

Let me know if you're coming
Let me know once you've booked your Eurotunnel
Let me know if you're staying in Koblenz, or elsewhere...

Tony (Me) - Booked Eurotunnel & Mercure Hotel
Carl (DXB) - Booked Eurotunnel & Mercure Hotel
Floyd (SoYank) - Booked Eurotunnel & Mercure Hotel
Tim (DerRing) - Booked Mercure Hotel
Jan (Ramppo) - Booked Mercure Hotel
Steve (bmwbailey) - Booked Eurotunnel & Mercure Hotel
Steve A (SteveA) - Booked Eurotunnel & Mercure Hotel
Will (Willhollin) - Booked Eurotunnel & Mercure Hotel

Also we have a few hopefully catching up along the way - neo871 (perhaps from Bucharest), Andrew (Palmball), MrFocusRS (FRS3052) & a couple of others. Baris (Xkalibar) will be meeting us there.

Tim & Jan will be meeting us at the 'Ring on Friday afternoon (Tim is coming from Prague, and Jan will be on his way back to Finland from Croatia )

*** Those coming from England and booked on the 8:50am should aim to meet at the Eurotunnel terminal no later than 8am ***

A few things people have asked me about...

• Those people who are meeting at my house first on Friday morning before heading down to Folkestone, need to be at mine for 6:30am
  • You will need a few things in your car - a flourescent jacket (for driving in France), a spare set of bulbs, warning triangle, and fire extinguisher. You should also make sure you have your European breakdown service up to date (BMW Emergency Services in most cases)
  • You MUST bring your UK driving licence, V5 document and insurance documents (photocopies are fine for the last two)
  • Don't forget to bring the credit/debit card you used to book the Eurotunnel tickets with - the auto ticket printing machines need that card to print the boarding pass
  • Helmets - these aren't compulsory, but are advisable. However, there are no helmets on site to hire, so you'll have to bring your own, or buy one when you're there (although that will be more expensive)
  • 'Ring tickets - these are available on site from the ticket hut. Ticket costs vary, depending on how many you buy... basically, the more the cheaper, up to the €995 Unlimited Annual Pass.

1 lap = €23
    4 laps = €76
    8 laps = €146
    15 laps = €251
    25 laps = €391
  • The 'Ring Taxi (in a BMW M5) is normally booked five or six months in advance. However there are always possibilities for cancellations or last-minute spaces. If you want to try your luck at booking a 'Ring Taxi, give the booking hotline a call on +49 26 91 93 20 20
  • The emergency Nurburgring telephone number is 08000 302112 when dialled from Germany. Store this in your phone, just in case!
  • The Nurburgring runs as an open "Tourist Day" - it is not a dedicated track day, so you will see things like coaches and London taxis (!) going around to sightseeing trips. You are allowed to take passengers in your car when going around the 'Ring
  • Rules - someone has asked about overtaking rules, and other general instructions. I'm not teaching people to suck eggs, but for newbies to the track, it's a very valid question. Like any other track day, being aware of your surroundings and the other cars and motorbikes around you is the key to staying safe and out of the Armco. Overtaking is ONLY done on the left - if a car is coming close behind you, indicate to the RIGHT and move your car to the RIGHT hand side of the track, to allow the other car to pass safely. If you want to overtake someone else and they are not moving out of the way, do NOT start flashing your headlights as the marshals take a very dim view of this. NEVER stop your car on the track. Yellow flags and red flags are self explanatory - no overtaking under yellow and drive with caution at a slow speed... red flag means circuit is closed and complete the lap. Blue flag means a car is wanting to overtake you
  • Video cameras are NOT allowed to be mounted in or on your car when driving around the 'Ring. If the marshals see a camera, at best you'll be told to take it down, or at worst you'll be sent back to the car park!
  • The 'Ring is open to the public on -
    Friday 15 May from 14:15 - 19:30
    Saturday 16 May from 10:00 - 19:30
    Sunday 17 May from 08:00 - 19:30
    Monday 18 May from 17:15 - 19:30
  • The Mercure Hotel in Koblenz is about a 25 minute drive away from the 'Ring. Whilst it may seem far to travel everyday, it is actually a very good way of warming up your car, making sure everything is working as it should be, the tyres are ok etc etc. If there is a need for mechanical work to be done on your car, we have access to top-notch race mechanics who can do anything from a brake bleed to a full stripdown and rebuild (labour costs are a lot less than the UK!)
  • There's a petrol station just 5 minutes off the 'Ring - so fret ye not if you start running out of fuel (you will!)
  • If you want to setup a professional photoshoot to get amazing high-res photographs of your car going around the 'Ring, you need to contact Jochen Van Cauwenberge, who is the guy behind the website www.frozenspeed.com - brilliant photographer, very very good friend of my brother, and if you tell him that you're coming to the 'Ring with me, Tony, he'll sort you out a good deal. If a few of you want to club together and save a few Euros, he's up for doing a package deal too. Look him up on the website and send him an email at jochen@frozenspeed.com I have told him already that he might receive a couple of enquiries

UPDATE - We have already been in touch with Jochen and he is up for doing a considerably discounted rate of only €75 per car for a dedicated session. A few have already signed up wanting photos... anyone else, let me know!

Tony - photo YES
    Tim - photo YES
    Carl - photo YES
    Floyd - photo YES
    Jan - photo yes/no ??
    Steve Hoops - photo yes/no ??
    Steve A - photo yes/no ??
    Will - photo YES
    Andrei (neo871) - photo YES
    Andrew (palmball) - photo YES
    Baris - photo YES

And that's all I can think of... any other questions, just ask and I'll try to answer!

Pictures courtesy of Jochen@Frozenspeed.com

Name:  11.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  354.8 KB

Name:  12.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  258.5 KB
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #263
neo871
Major
Romania
Rep

I think he said that it is not allowed to mount filming devices BUT the passenger can film if he is not seen by the marshals
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 12:33 PM   #264
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I think he said that it is not allowed to mount filming devices BUT the passenger can film if he is not seen by the marshals
The marshals are really cracking down on video taking, even by passengers... just a warning!
Appreciate 0