E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > iPhone 4S iOS 5.01 Bluetooth Issue

05-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
blisstik
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92

iPhone 4S iOS 5.01 Bluetooth Issue

Ever since I got this phone, Ive noticed that the BT connection drops and reconnects. When you try to use Siri, it will sometimes use the speakerphone or delay until it connects via BT again.

I'm not sure if this is the hardware on the phone, the iOS version or the actual TCU? When its connected, it works just fine but I'm not sure what's causing the drops. Sometimes, it wont reconnect so I have to re-pair the device.

Also, what's odd is that I see the SOS green light near the sunroof blink for a solid second then turn off. Also, not sure if this is related but my BMW Assist has expired.

Any advice? I will be trying an iPhone 4S with iOS 5.1 and an Android device.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisstik View Post
Ever since I got this phone, Ive noticed that the BT connection drops and reconnects. When you try to use Siri, it will sometimes use the speakerphone or delay until it connects via BT again.

I'm not sure if this is the hardware on the phone, the iOS version or the actual TCU? When its connected, it works just fine but I'm not sure what's causing the drops. Sometimes, it wont reconnect so I have to re-pair the device.

Also, what's odd is that I see the SOS green light near the sunroof blink for a solid second then turn off. Also, not sure if this is related but my BMW Assist has expired.

Any advice? I will be trying an iPhone 4S with iOS 5.1 and an Android device.
Good, try another phone.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
blisstik
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92

Still does not explain the green blinking light by the SOS. Also, what started all this was a no SOS/Phone icon on the dash. I could not get Bavarian Technic tool to recognize the TCU module as I was trying to clear that code. So I ended up unplugging the red terminal of the battery for 10 minutes and it went away.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #4
BK-Diesel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

I've had no problems, but I turned Siri off. It drove me nuts.
Appreciate 0