E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Southern California bmw centers

03-24-2007, 05:30 AM   #133
AssassinGT
///Andrew Alewine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2000 323Ci, 2007 335i

Alright so I am going to purchase my 335i Soon. Honestly I went to crevier and they told me to order my car and they don't negotiate. I just pay the MSRP.. now am I getting screwed? Because from what i'm reading, dealerships should be able to chip away at the price off MSRP. Only 30 minutes in there and they're already loading me full of shit with "We're the best in Southern California, what would it benefit us to discount people". I don't know, they seem a bit cock of their own name.

I've bought my E46 from Assael BMW.. or should I say. "Assshole BMW" Once you buy the car, it's all down hill. Their servicing takes two weeks to get an appointment thats always a terrible time.

Then I went to New Century BMW in Alhambra, now honestly, appeal is a big thing for me. I like how Crevier is right off the 55 freeway with an easy flat - easy to get into dealership. I like modding my cars and I know in the future when I slam my 335i on some big wheels with a lowered kit, theres going to be some scraping going on.. so Crevier seems the easiest to get into. New Century was in a rather cheap looking area and a stupid place to get into. When I first arrived I was wondering "Why the hell is a BMW dealership around THIS area?". New Century seemed very nice to me, courteous in all aspects. They seemed to be able to give me a price but they said they'd give me a price when I'm finally ready to sit down and have a go at the final stages of my purchase. But he was definitely hinting that there would be a solid discount involved.

I live in the Diamond Bar area, so flying to all these dealerships is a real pain in the ass at times, especially since they give you ridiculous times for service appointments. Even though Assael is closest, I refuse to buy from them again, but...

Please give me some insight. From what I've read, it seems new Century would be the place to go but, in terms of overall service and getting in and out? Is it worth it? Or would Crevier be alright?

Click Signature for Deviantart
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2007, 09:42 AM   #134
jmonier
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E92, 2002 325i

Coupe or Sedan? Better chance of a discount with sedan. In some cases they're asking 2500-5000 OVER MSRP for coupes on the lot.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 01:20 AM   #135
AssassinGT
///Andrew Alewine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2000 323Ci, 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonier View Post
Coupe or Sedan? Better chance of a discount with sedan. In some cases they're asking 2500-5000 OVER MSRP for coupes on the lot.
I guess... i'll be waiting a while.

Click Signature for Deviantart
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2007, 10:54 PM   #136
MB330
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2018 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2006 E90 330i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryK1000 View Post
That is absolutely INSANE !!

Talk to HAMLET or Paul Ghosn (his Sales Manager) at Bob Smith BMW in Calabasas.

He's a great guy and they will give you a good price.

Larry in Sherman Oaks
+1 for HAMLET!!!!
Great Guy, real professional.
I will do another ED with him any time!
:rocks:
Attached Images

04-11-2007, 10:43 PM   #137
luckyguyinla
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 335I SEDAN

NEW Century BMW got good customer Service and they willy to deal with u

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeo26 View Post
anyone have any expirence bout the dealers in socal close to anaheim?
Besides Shelly Bmw cuse they have bad service and they are not nice. i went in the service dept. to get an idler valve for my e30. called there first they said they had it, then i go there they dont have it. so i rase hell in there and b/c they said we dont have it and iam very busy so leave and call some other day. that pissed me off :mad: :mad: , and the people there dont know jack about BMW's. i left with a nice long burn out on there lot

so any where else i can go besides there? i go to school at OCC i pass one on the freeway alot but dont know which one it is, i think it santa ana bmw but dont know. but you exit edinger i think from the 55.
any one have experiences with that one? need help i need a diff dealer to go to!!!!

I went and check it out and ready to buy my 335i t silver at Irvine bmw dealer
. I got a quoted from my old dealership it was 7.99 at 735 per month with 2500 down with trade in of my 2005 325i. i saved the quoted and the next day . I called this armian dude up at Irvine make an appointment to test out the car. i also told him im going to trade my car if the price is right. he said sure it will be 5.9 percent after he run my credit score. im like ok sure why not. i drove from la california to irvine with traffic about 1 hr drive. i was still talking to the irvine saleman on the phone i can get good deal at crevier if your price is to high. Can you beat that because Crevier offering to me the same rate too.. irvine saleman said i can get u down to 5 percent at 6 years term and under 700 per month. sound good right? i drove there
first he show me the car n drove it. feel good more roomie .. so far so good.i told him while testing driving it that my bro also work at shelly bmw . they are both owned by the same owner. so i figure i get good discount right? sound good. so he ran a credit check again. he saw my score was the best. so he came back n sat down with me . he told me well your score is not that good. YOu are getting 17 percent and with 2000 down and 1100 per month. i got mad and pissed off. i told u guys are lying to customer. and false advertise to comsumer. He brought his sale manager n another guy to pressure me to get it. im like hell no..I also them you dont even help family of a company employeer out? My brother is a IT Manager for both dealership. I told him that one reason i went n give u guys a chance because my brother work for the company. He told me i would get good deal out of it in the car and over the phone. in front of everyon in that office. I also told them I can see now how you guys treat family memeber in a company. This is outragious and false advertise. i got mad drove home extremely upset. I called my old dealership .. talk to my saleman .about how he can help me out. i kinda bs a little bit. i told well creiver give me 7.99 at 670 per month with 2000 down. n 6 year loan. i told him if u can give me similar deal n plus my trading car. ( upside down for like 4K). i will take it. he called me like 3 hrs later. he also told me come down in. i told him i dont like bs or play around .. he knew who i am ..i m his return customer. The last time he play me around . he sat in his office for liek 5 hrs to make a sale to me.lol. ok .. i also told him i want that this t-silver with no pacakge n stick shift. for this price. i will take it.. i drove down there. i told him i want 37000 n same rate n monthly payment. i will take it. after sitting down for like 2 hrs. he said i have deal. lol
i told him that i want t-silver car from IRvine Bmw dealership to deliver to me at New Century BMW. by the end of the day. I also told him . i work tomorrow. Unless he will loan me a bmw car from NEw century BMW. lol He got me wat i want it. lol I basically got the car from the place that try to high jack me with price .. with the price i want it. i think Irvine got piss off. i guess they think they can sale for better price to a right person who really want it badly.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 11:40 AM   #138
jmonier
Captain
Rep

Jeff Kline (Internet Manager) at Bob Smith BMW has been doing my Performance Center Delivery with real professionalism and attention to detail. Only 2-1/2 weeks to go now!

JEFF.KLINE@BOBSMITHBMW.COM
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2007, 08:29 PM   #139
gshock
Registered
Rep
Drives: turbo

hi guys. i am a noob.

where can i find more info on performance delivery ? is there a discount too like the ED?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 03:58 PM   #140
jmonier
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshock View Post
hi guys. i am a noob.

where can i find more info on performance delivery ? is there a discount too like the ED?
No discount but you get a lot more than dealer delivery at the same price.

http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/...enter/delivery
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2007, 01:10 AM   #141
killer_bee
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 328i, '15 435i

For those of you wanting to pick up a 335i coupe soon...

I recommend Valencia BMW. Check out their inventory on-line here. They have three on the lot...including the loaded one I cancelled(picking up a different one next week!). Wait......here is the best part = click on "Get Your Online Price".

Ask for Steven Sherwood or Robert Grass. No hidden fees, no games, they had the most competitive pricing from the get-go of all the dealers I contacted within 50 miles of L.A. I'll post a more comprehensive review after I pick up my car next week. Just wanted to share the info with my fellow Socal residents.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 08:33 AM   #142
chen_kenichi
First Time BMW Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i

I posted this somewhere else but I thought I would share it here.
Yesterday I was in Alhambra area having lunch with a client a block away from New Century BMW and decided to stop by and check out what they have to offer. We (my client and I) walked into the dealership and asked the receptionist to get us a sales person. She paged someone to come over. However, right at that moment this guy walked up to the receptionist counter and said that he would take care of this (talking about c-blocking other sales people). So I told him I want a quote on a 328i. He told me that he would have to run a credit check. I thought, "credit check for what?" So I asked him why he needed to check my credit. He told me that so he can tell me precisely what to quote me. I asked him if I am buying cash would I need the credit check. He told me yes - unless I don't want a precise quote. At that moment my client and I just looked at each other and walked out.
What was that all about? I didn't dress poorly and I am not a young looking guy - so I didn't think I was putting out the "I-can't-afford-a-BMW" vibe. If another dealership could give me great quote over internet, why couldn't this guy do the same while I was standing right in front of him. I couldn't understand his attitude or logic.
In any case, just want to share that story. This guy was an Asian (I think he was Chinese but I spoke English to him) and dark looking. Didn't bother to get his name but definitely someone to avoid.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 09:00 AM   #143
88stlgrym3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 Lexus IS350

Quote:
Originally Posted by chen_kenichi View Post
I posted this somewhere else but I thought I would share it here.
Yesterday I was in Alhambra area having lunch with a client a block away from New Century BMW and decided to stop by and check out what they have to offer. We (my client and I) walked into the dealership and asked the receptionist to get us a sales person. She paged someone to come over. However, right at that moment this guy walked up to the receptionist counter and said that he would take care of this (talking about c-blocking other sales people). So I told him I want a quote on a 328i. He told me that he would have to run a credit check. I thought, "credit check for what?" So I asked him why he needed to check my credit. He told me that so he can tell me precisely what to quote me. I asked him if I am buying cash would I need the credit check. He told me yes - unless I don't want a precise quote. At that moment my client and I just looked at each other and walked out.
What was that all about? I didn't dress poorly and I am not a young looking guy - so I didn't think I was putting out the "I-can't-afford-a-BMW" vibe. If another dealership could give me great quote over internet, why couldn't this guy do the same while I was standing right in front of him. I couldn't understand his attitude or logic.
In any case, just want to share that story. This guy was an Asian (I think he was Chinese but I spoke English to him) and dark looking. Didn't bother to get his name but definitely someone to avoid.
maybe just me but i think their sales men were more down to earth when they were in their old location off main and freemont. i used to take my e46 m3 there for service and their service dept was great and while i was waiting, there were always be couple sales person stopped by and started conversation with me and even offer me test drives even tho i told them i was in for service. but i stopped by NC bwm couple weekends ago and stood in the middle of the showroom for a good 15min and while all the salesperson just chatting away with each other. i finally walked up to an old chinese guy(little bald) and asked do they have any e92 335i for me to look at, he just pointed at this 55k demo 335i in the showroom without even look at me and told me that's the only one they have and continued chatting away i think i'll just do my shopping via emails and phone calls in the future.
2009 Smoky Granite Mica Lexus IS350, F-Sport products: 19'' staggered forged wheels, cold air intake, exhaust, rear sway bar, BC Racing coilovers
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 11:32 PM   #144
chen_kenichi
First Time BMW Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i

Experiencing such service yesterday, I went to Long Beach BMW and sat down with Will who has been helping me via e-mails and phone calls for the past two weeks. He got me a good price and great interest rate. The entire ordering process (for a 328i sedan) was painless and took about an hour. Now this is the kind of sales person I can recommend.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2007, 01:46 AM   #145
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chen_kenichi View Post
Experiencing such service yesterday, I went to Long Beach BMW and sat down with Will who has been helping me via e-mails and phone calls for the past two weeks. He got me a good price and great interest rate. The entire ordering process (for a 328i sedan) was painless and took about an hour. Now this is the kind of sales person I can recommend.
Thanks Roger

p.s. your "Drives: 328i on order (week 51)" is incorrect. Your car is a long time away if that was the case

Try Week 21
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 07:00 PM   #146
Talltree
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Sedan

Just bought my new 328i Sedan from the Internet Managers at Pacific BMW (Mark & Steve). Both have been excellent to work with and they provided me with an unbeatable price on the car. Highly recommended.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 03:21 PM   #147
AoshichanX
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
I got mine from Savage BMW at $800 over invoice. Johnny Peng was my salesman and he tossed in a bunch of minor extras(key chain mug + custom floormats). The interesting thing was that prior to Savage BMW I had no clue about Edmunds etc. It was Johnny who printed out the Edmunds invoice and explained how much he is making for commission etc. One week after I got the car I got chocolates in the mail with ice packs to ensure it did not melt.

A+ from me.

Too bad about that joy ride incident in 2004 :/ I was browsing this forum and found that

BTW the car I wanted was not in stock, so he got it from Santa Monica BMW
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 03:26 PM   #148
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssassinGT View Post
Alright so I am going to purchase my 335i Soon. Honestly I went to crevier and they told me to order my car and they don't negotiate. I just pay the MSRP.. now am I getting screwed? Because from what i'm reading, dealerships should be able to chip away at the price off MSRP. Only 30 minutes in there and they're already loading me full of shit with "We're the best in Southern California, what would it benefit us to discount people". I don't know, they seem a bit cock of their own name.

I've bought my E46 from Assael BMW.. or should I say. "Assshole BMW" Once you buy the car, it's all down hill. Their servicing takes two weeks to get an appointment thats always a terrible time.

Then I went to New Century BMW in Alhambra, now honestly, appeal is a big thing for me. I like how Crevier is right off the 55 freeway with an easy flat - easy to get into dealership. I like modding my cars and I know in the future when I slam my 335i on some big wheels with a lowered kit, theres going to be some scraping going on.. so Crevier seems the easiest to get into. New Century was in a rather cheap looking area and a stupid place to get into. When I first arrived I was wondering "Why the hell is a BMW dealership around THIS area?". New Century seemed very nice to me, courteous in all aspects. They seemed to be able to give me a price but they said they'd give me a price when I'm finally ready to sit down and have a go at the final stages of my purchase. But he was definitely hinting that there would be a solid discount involved.

I live in the Diamond Bar area, so flying to all these dealerships is a real pain in the ass at times, especially since they give you ridiculous times for service appointments. Even though Assael is closest, I refuse to buy from them again, but...

Please give me some insight. From what I've read, it seems new Century would be the place to go but, in terms of overall service and getting in and out? Is it worth it? Or would Crevier be alright?
crevier is who i went to. he's not giving me the best deal. None of the SoCal dealers will negotiate, not Long Beach, not glendale, not new century (alhambra), not irvine, not norwalk (mckenna) and not crevier. Period, no discount on MSRP.

Crevier has advantages:
1. car wash - you dont want it anyway. you'll get swirls altho they claim it's hand wash
2. car storage and shuttle to airport (i dont trust it's ding-free storage)

I say go to Irvine and talk to Kate, or Will at long beach. If you want more contacts PM me and i'll send you more contacts of all of the above dealerships i contacted.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 05:58 PM   #149
ramorendez
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Subie

I had a great experience at Beverly Hills BMW. They got me the car I wanted, CA was very curteous and down to earth, threw in the floor mats, gave me multiple follow-up phone calls and emails. Even recommended a couple of SAs that he likes. Shoot me a PM if you want the SAs and CAs name.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 01:14 PM   #150
sk0525
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F85

Resurrecting this thread from the dead...

I'm looking for a good Service Advisor in the northern LA/SFV area. I previously used Manny at Valencia BMW (awesome) but he was promoted to a sister company and is no longer with BMW. Every time I went in for service, he would have a loaner available for me. I called around to several dealers (even Valencia) and now they all say they do not provide loaners for oil changes.

Anyone know of a SA they can recommend at any of these dealers?

Bob Smith
Rusnak
Valencia
Center
Steve Thomas
Santa Monica
Beverly Hills
Pacific

Thank you!