E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > BMW E91 CCC IDrive

10-31-2017, 07:44 AM   #1
Milky_Joe
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 330D

BMW E91 CCC IDrive

Hello,
I've got an 2005 E91 330D.
How would I determine what is at fault with my Idrive system, either the actual Idrive system or the monitor and cable connecting to it.
Basically, the system does not boot up at all, the control wheel spins freely, but the buttons and the fan whirs for the Idrive.

It worked perfectly and then started crashing and then eventually wouldn't even power up and display. This would just help me in knowing whether it's a simple cable fix, monitor or a the actual CCC iDrive system.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 07:00 AM   #2
yeukfung
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i E90 2005 N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky_Joe View Post
Hello,
I've got an 2005 E91 330D.
How would I determine what is at fault with my Idrive system, either the actual Idrive system or the monitor and cable connecting to it.
Basically, the system does not boot up at all, the control wheel spins freely, but the buttons and the fan whirs for the Idrive.

It worked perfectly and then started crashing and then eventually wouldn't even power up and display. This would just help me in knowing whether it's a simple cable fix, monitor or a the actual CCC iDrive system.

Cheers
Hi,

I have the same symptom as you, sometimes the CCC get booted successfully at cold start in the morning, and after probably a while, it reboot and remains in black screen.

it's been two months issue, and now everything is fixed by replacing and coding a used CCC unit to my car, and everything back to normal (actually upgraded with latest software too)

you will have two options i believe:

1) send your iDrive CCC unit to repair, and which the most easy and direct way, when it come back, just plug and play

2) since I am living in hong kong, sending the CCC unit to US is pretty expensive, and I choose to buy a used one, with around $350 USD, sometimes ebay got good deals, then do the programing via winkfp and coding, now everything works just nicely (although there is pain during my coding, bricked the module and stucked on BMW logo, lately figure out need to use iCOM and MOST to code and update all the module in MOST ring)

so, depends on your preference, option 1 is plug and play once the CCC is repaired.

Hope this help.
Appreciate 0