E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Sport suspension not "tight" enough

08-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #1
Motorama
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs & P-cars

Sport suspension not "tight" enough

I have an '09 E90 M package (34k miles) and while the suspension is comfortable and compliant over most road imperfections, it doesn't feel tight enough and it can feel a bit bouncy and floaty to me.

This is going to be my DD so I don't want a race car punishing ride at all nor am interested in "slamming" the car. I just want to tighten up the suspension so it feels more responsive & buttoned down while at the same time eliminate the tire / fender gap.

For what I've been reading, it looks like the KW V1s might help me achieve what I want on this car but I've also read good things about Koni yellows / H&R sport springs setups. Opinions, other setup suggestions & recommendations as of which place has the better prices for these are welcomed.

Thank you.

Last edited by Motorama; 08-14-2013 at 08:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1.9L of fury

if you are happy with the ride height, koni yellows are the most economical option, and you'll be able to turn up the rebound damping to eliminate the "floaty" feeling. The rears are kinda a pain to adjust though.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #3
Motorama
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs & P-cars

I'd like to eliminate the tire / fender gap as well so probably COs are my best choice.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #4
330xtrai
Do you even post BRO?
Palestine
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
Yah v1 are your best choice they're firm as in you do feel the road but no bottoming out or banging 95 percent of the time also they're adjustable I had mine pretty low not slammed but below tire back was about half way covering tire front had alittle it was beautiful but was not functional I scraped my underbody really bad over a like 3 small speed bump on a detour through a parking lot and I almost cried lol felt like I broke my car from how bad it was but nothing happened. So I hired it to be just a tad lower than flush on the rear and a finger space on the front and it's alot better now functionally and it has more travel now so I do have a better ride too nothing dramatic but noticeable I can send you pics of you want been meaning to do a review but been lazy lately
E90|330xi|SGM|Terra Cotta interior|Forged1 Wheels(one side red the other city lights)|M3 Rep Front Bumper|Msport Rear Bumper|KW V1 Coilovers|K&N Air Filter|OEM Black Grille|Red Cyba Air scoops|DIY Gloss Black Side Splitters|Tee rear splitters|Monkey Air Freshener|
Appreciate 0