E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Best Scanning Diagnostic Tool

09-16-2016, 06:05 AM   #23
aaron_
Captain
Rep
Drives: E93 335i LCI

Can you do logs with the Carly app? I need to sort out a half cel error codes 2c56 and 2c58 - they come on at wot 3rd and 4th consistently. If I can't I have a DCAN and inpa. Can logs be done through that. I don't have a jb4 in case that's suggested

Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 09:09 AM   #24
335xiBRO
Registered
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl View Post
This is the golden link that works. Lot of cables are a different white PCB which might not connect to your car.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271621954...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

INPA is the software from BMW you can use to diagnose your vehicle. Much more capable than the BAV cable. Reads everything and you can go into the detail of an error code. A lot of times the error code is pretty vauge but will have more data ascociated with it that pinpoints the fault. Cable is much cheaper and the software can be downloaded off the forums. Its a bit tricky to setup but now there are idiot proof guides in in the coding section of this forum.

Alternatively if you want a more user friendly setup, you can use the same cable but use an android app called BMW Carly. Never used it cos I use INPA but seems to be an alternative that is easy to use and recommended by a lot of members here.
Hi just recently purchased a 335 and looking for a scan tool. Is INPA still your recommendation these days or has something better popped up ?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 03:24 PM   #25
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

INPA is still the go to software imo. ISTA is the newer version of the software which is a lot more user friendly (although much harder to install). But it is quite slow to connect to a car and scan it. INPA is much more convenient and faster
      07-17-2021, 10:46 AM   #26
evanmike.auto
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl View Post
INPA is still the go to software imo. ISTA is the newer version of the software which is a lot more user friendly (although much harder to install). But it is quite slow to connect to a car and scan it. INPA is much more convenient and faster
Yes INPA is really good, one vote for this tool. I've been using it for years and I must say that it's really easy to use, you don't have to be an expert to use it.

I'm wanna try something different so I'm looking for other choices. Just found this article: https://www.obdadvisor.com/bmw-scan-tool/ It covers current BMW scan tools and I think I'd try with the Foxwell NT510 Elite, based on its good review overall... Gonna order one today. Good luck to me
Appreciate 1