E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Coilovers and suspension - budget options

12-09-2019, 04:53 AM   #23
drZ
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: black sapphire e92

I think if you're looking for a setup that lowers the car reasonably, improves the overall crashing feeling of worn out shocks and has some flexibility in terms of adjustability whilst not hurting the wallet, the ST coilovers should be your answer. Some members have bought from uk based company demontweeks as they had the best price but I'm not sure how it is nowadays. They are basically kw coils but with zinc shock bodies if I'm not mistaken. Deteriorates quicker if living in a place that uses salt a lot for snowed over roads eg Europe and US. I've had BC ER on my last e92 with custom swift springs but the shocks were appalling. The right front leaked after few months and apart from being planted at smooth roads it bounces n crashes once it gets bit rough. Koni/Eibach/Bilstein shock combos with are also good but u have to figure out what u want rather than the ST's being plug n play out of the box
You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. Welcome to the layer cake son.
Appreciate 0