E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Disabling Brake Running Lights when on parking lights

03-19-2018, 12:02 PM   #1
kckirch
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Blacked Out E90

Disabling Brake Running Lights when on parking lights

As a FRM1 user in order to have just halos on and nothing else on the front I must flip my light switch from auto to "Parking Lights" the only con other than having to flip the switch is that my rear brakes are running mode just as if it was dark.
Trying to see what values would disable the rear brake running lights while the switch is in Parking Lights.
Any ideas or tips help me out!
I'm an avid coder just starting to get curious about things like this.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 01:41 PM   #2
e90yyc
Art Collector
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi (GM-delete 6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kckirch View Post
As a FRM1 user in order to have just halos on and nothing else on the front I must flip my light switch from auto to "Parking Lights" the only con other than having to flip the switch is that my rear brakes are running mode just as if it was dark.
Trying to see what values would disable the rear brake running lights while the switch is in Parking Lights.
Any ideas or tips help me out!
I'm an avid coder just starting to get curious about things like this.
Haven't tested this, but here's the values I think you'll need to change to nicht_aktiv:

FRM

Option 1: Might be as simple as changing KEINE_PARKLICHT_FUNKT - NO PARKING LIGHTS FUNCTIONALITY to aktiv

Option 2: Might also need to change these in addition to above, or perhaps on their own:

SL_V_PARKL_FKT - OUTPUT FRONT STANDING LIGHTS AS PARKING LIGHTS
RL_BL_1_PARKL_FKT - OUTPUT OUTER TAIL LIGHTS AS PARKING LIGHTS

There are some other values, but they are referred to as "Position/Tail Lights" so I would leave them alone unless the above doesn't work, or works only partially.

Sorry for the obvious statement too, but I'd definitely check to ensure this doesn't kill the functionality of your lights during normal operation...

Let us know how it goes!

Last edited by e90yyc; 03-19-2018 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 11:58 AM   #3
kckirch
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90yyc View Post
Haven't tested this, but here's the values I think you'll need to change to nicht_aktiv:

FRM

Option 1: Might be as simple as changing KEINE_PARKLICHT_FUNKT - NO PARKING LIGHTS FUNCTIONALITY to aktiv

Option 2: Might also need to change these in addition to above, or perhaps on their own:

There are some other values, but they are referred to as "Position/Tail Lights" so I would leave them alone unless the above doesn't work, or works only partially.

Sorry for the obvious statement too, but I'd definitely check to ensure this doesn't kill the functionality of your lights during normal operation...

Let us know how it goes!
Will try all this and will update ASAP!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 05:04 PM   #4
kckirch
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90yyc View Post

FRM

Let us know how it goes!
Tried everything above still nothing. All lights are still on. I’d love to know all the other values you know to test with those.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 11:34 AM   #5
e90yyc
Art Collector
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi (GM-delete 6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kckirch View Post
Tried everything above still nothing. All lights are still on. I’d love to know all the other values you know to test with those.
Hmm, that sucks. I figured at least one of those methods might work.

Given that SIDEMARKER_US > nicht_aktiv disables front sidemarker lights, I'd think there would be similar but differently named settings for the rear too.

I'm not sure what else you would try. I'd look through values but unfortunately I'm quite busy at the moment.

If you're comfortable playing around a bit and trust your judgement, I would suggest searching for any values that correspond to parking lights, and see what result enabling or disabling has.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 12:02 PM   #6
kckirch
Enlisted Member
Rep

any chance if you have any time to try and find the values for me?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2018, 02:29 AM   #7
dextuar
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

You can't legally use your angel eyes on e pre-face car as DRL...
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 11:17 AM   #8
kckirch
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextuar View Post
You can't legally use your angel eyes on e pre-face car as DRL...
why would that be? It would be 100% legal. What is the difference of using AE or the halogen for DRL. In the US as long as its Amber/White color any light can be used on the front.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2018, 08:04 AM   #9
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Have you looked at the coding spreadsheet before and tried that?