E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > fsc code reprogramming the easy way

12-12-2018, 05:44 PM   #1
FunkyProtein
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series 2008 220D

Hi all

is there an easy way to reprogram fsc codes back to the cic?

I know of fs tool but I get errors when executing commands on it.

do you have to pre patch the cic before you do this? are there any step by step guides a pre requisites I'm missing?

I ran FSC TOOLS and got the attached screenshot and I guess this is why my sat nav is greyed out as it doesn't have a cert. I paid for a bunch of certs from someone on gps underground that matched my vin and was told to use fstool but as mentioned, I get errors when executing the commands such as store cert and check cert etc.

if anyone can help or even remotely access...I will happily pay. I'm pulling my hair out with this now and even wondering if it's worth replacing cic all together for an android unit or if an emulator would fix the issues I'm having?

please help
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 03:18 PM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

This is the best guide I've seen. I use this process. I don't use FSC Tools...

https://admin.ecommerce.aruba.it/Web..._fsc_Ex_en.pdf
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 03:35 PM   #3
FunkyProtein
Private
Rep

Thanks Sensible. Just tried replying to your PM but your inbox is full again LOL Your a popular man!

Ill check out that thread now and have read through.

Im guessing from the screenshot i uploaded, ill need to re-load my FSC codes back into CIC?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 03:39 PM   #4
FunkyProtein
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post

This was what i used first. the head unit patch wouldnt work using numerous USB sticks and i thought this is because my firmware is so old?

I got stuck at step7 where executing the commands didnt work and failed.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 04:04 PM   #5
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyProtein View Post
Quote:

This was what i used first. the head unit patch wouldnt work using numerous USB sticks and i thought this is because my firmware is so old?

I got stuck at step7 where executing the commands didnt work and failed.
Did you try with FS-TOOL 2 or only with FSC Tools? I never used FSC Tools before...
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 04:30 PM   #6
FunkyProtein
Private
Rep

tried with fs tools 2. Was a fiddle to get working with the java version and path it wanted. Then you have to run the batch file for car server and then the other batch file to run fs tool 2.

Does the patch matter or not before you try fstool 2?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 01:35 PM   #7
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Can you explain in steps exactly what you have done so far. And also exactly what is in this package someone made you? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2018, 07:58 AM   #8
FunkyProtein
Private
Rep

Hi Sensible

Ive attached the screenshot of the files i was sent and the PDF of the instructions i was sent to follow for the e90 as well.

however, the instructions i were sent are similar but not identical to the ones you posted if you see?

I couldnt patch my HU so i left that part out. Tried many sticks and no reboot.

FS Tool was set up correctly but i simply followed those instructions i was sent and failed to execute the first set of files, maybe because the files i was told to load in my instructions were different to what yours said?

thanks
Steve
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf fsc_cic_en .pdf (1.57 MB, 3944 views)
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2018, 07:59 AM   #9
FunkyProtein
Private
Rep

FYI i paid for these codes from a guy on gps underground called D Conner
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2018, 05:17 PM   #10
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Ok, that package is for script activation. It's freely available...

This is not really a recommended method anymore. However there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

What USB are you using? Try using a 4gb one. Format in FAT32.

Also make sure that copie_scr.sh is in the root of the USB. Don't have it in any folder.

Also, you are putting it in the correct USB port? In glove box, not centre console?

Also, check script is like this:

Quote:
#!/bin/ksh
set -A etc 17 18 19 1A 1B
while true ; do
for code in ${etc[@]}
do
swt="/mnt/HBpersistence/00"$code"0001.swt"
if [ ! -e $swt ]; then
touch $swt
fi
done
sleep 5;
done
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 05:19 PM   #11
FunkyProtein
Private
Rep

Quote:

This is not really a recommended method anymore. However there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

Also make sure that copie_scr.sh is in the root of the USB. Don't have it in any folder.

Also, you are putting it in the correct USB port? In glove box, not centre console?

Hi Sensible

Thanks for the advice. I had Nickco remote access my laptop last night while i was connected to the car. He did various checks and found FSC codes were fine but my CIC was indeen C09 which i beleive is very early CIC.

To be able to use the USB method, my CIC needs to be flashed to the latest version to enable this and for my Sat nav to become functional. I have found a supplier on ebay that will update my CIC to latest version and install latest maps for £100 and this I will go this route. Ill have to re-code the unit once back to put on my changes ive made but as long as I have the sat nav working, ill be happy!

Tested my vin on a decoder website and found that my CIC was fitted from factory with pro sat nav which explains the old version (car is registered in 2008).

So this leads me to think that how often do new firmware updates come out and is it worth staying up to date with the latest version? Or is CIC no longer updated as NBT is the latest idrive installment?

Thanks Again

Steve
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 09:51 PM   #12
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hi Sensible

Thanks for the advice. I had Nickco remote access my laptop last night while i was connected to the car. He did various checks and found FSC codes were fine but my CIC was indeen C09 which i beleive is very early CIC.

To be able to use the USB method, my CIC needs to be flashed to the latest version to enable this and for my Sat nav to become functional. I have found a supplier on ebay that will update my CIC to latest version and install latest maps for £100 and this I will go this route. Ill have to re-code the unit once back to put on my changes ive made but as long as I have the sat nav working, ill be happy!

Tested my vin on a decoder website and found that my CIC was fitted from factory with pro sat nav which explains the old version (car is registered in 2008).

So this leads me to think that how often do new firmware updates come out and is it worth staying up to date with the latest version? Or is CIC no longer updated as NBT is the latest idrive installment?

Thanks Again

Steve
Ok. I think I said this was the case in your first thread?

The best option for you is to send it off for the update.

The CIC is now obsolete. I doubt there will be any further updates...
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 02:15 AM   #13
FunkyProtein
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hi Sensible

Thanks Again

Steve
Ok. I think I said this was the case in your first thread?

The best option for you is to send it off for the update.

The CIC is now obsolete. I doubt there will be any further updates...
you did indeed mate! I was just hoping that I had read it wrong or by some slim chance there was something that could be easily changed.

At least we got to the bottom of it now though.

thanks all for your help, I'll save this info in my ever growing coding folder.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 03:17 PM   #14
l2iceman
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Bumping this, I used fs tool 2 to put my retrofitted cic into "Check Fsc" in order to update maps.

Where can I get an FSC package for 6F (sirius) - is it only via dealer? curious if another way has been found after all of these years.

Last edited by l2iceman; 03-23-2020 at 08:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 08:11 AM   #15
bms5
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d, 2018 540d

Garage List
[QUOTE=l2iceman;25960115]Bumping this, I used fs tool 2 to put my retrofitted cic into "Check Fsc" in order to update

Did you change the VIN in your CIC? My CIC crashed and I replaced with used from different VIN. I used an emulator originally to restore navfunction but would like to do it ‘right’ if for no other reason than the challenge.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 07:53 PM   #16
l2iceman
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

[QUOTE=bms5;26240040]
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2iceman View Post
Bumping this, I used fs tool 2 to put my retrofitted cic into "Check Fsc" in order to update

Did you change the VIN in your CIC? My CIC crashed and I replaced with used from different VIN. I used an emulator originally to restore navfunction but would like to do it ‘right’ if for no other reason than the challenge.
I Did not change the Vin in the cic, which is why I had to use the fs tool to update my maps
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 11:47 PM   #17
Aus335iguy
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 335i MSport DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Hi folks - Ive patched my CIC and now

Im looking for a known good installer for Fstools2. The one i have has links to carserver files that are no longer valid and i cant connect.
PM if you have any advice on where to find a known good source ?
      06-16-2020, 11:34 AM   #18
jonbh10
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 and E84

Quote:

Nice, thanks for sharing
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 12:06 PM   #19
pavjayt
Rep
Drives: 2009 E61 LCI

Hi all,

I am having issues with navigation being greyed out.

I retrofitted a 2010 E60 CIC headunit into my 2009 E61 and used an emulator a few years back. Generated map codes and updated them couple of times. Recently I thought it removing the emulator and doing script activation. Yesterday I removed the emulator and virginized cic using script method and then generated my own fsc files using fstool2 and uploaded them to CIC exactly as mentioned in the tutorial attached above. At each step, all jobs are excecated successfully. Generated navigation code and activated as well and it worked. Today morning, I went out to update maps to 2021 from 2020 and it said the dreaded message Navigation -> function currently not available.

Checked fsc status with FSC tools 2.18 and here are the results

Here is the link for all screenshots

I have been trying to get this resolved for few months now and couldnt get it to work. Even willing to pay someone to sort this out. I can give another try if someone can send me the fsc files for my VIN (its that magic archive that everyone mentions in tutorials to unpack for use with fstool2). Not sure if the ones that I am generating are any good.

thanks in advance for any help
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 07:55 PM   #20
stephane1977
Registered
Belgium
Rep
Drives: bmw E90 320d 2005

FSC tool 2.18 Download link

hello guys,

is there someone who has a link to download FSC tool 2.18 please?

thank you in advance for your help

regards
Stephane
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 05:31 AM   #21
bmw-extreme
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90

Hello guys.
I want to back up all genuine fsc stored in cic from donor car. For instance backing them up in a seperate folder in my computer. How should I do that? I could't see a way to pull up fsc from cic. There's only info about checking fsc status and sending fsc to cic in many forums.
Appreciate 0