E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > New e90 320i owner, help me figure out this >18 fault error codes

09-12-2019, 09:27 AM   #1
Edgarr
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i, Mondeo ST220

Garage List
New e90 320i owner, help me figure out this >18 fault error codes

Hello fellow UK owners.

So got my new (well 2006 old) 320i last week an its lovely. However, we had to charge jump the car as the car had been sitting obviously not running in a auction yard for a while. Decided to check the codes on the free Carly app. It seems that various parts of my cars ECU is reporting over voltage? Can any of you fellow BMW owners help me out and explain whats going on?

== Dynamische Stabilitaets Kontrolle / DSC ==

Fault Code: 0094BD
Fault Explanation: :F-CAN SZL steering angle sensor: Sensor error LWS CRCRamSave errors in RAM - area --- (DSC: insignificant SSL Error: Clear fault memory) / DSC SSL: Error entry for SSL: CRC error in RAM Save area / F-CAN SZL steering angle sensor: Sensor error - Info: undervoltage, LWS CRCRamSave error in the RAM area

Fault Code: 005DF7
Fault Explanation: SC-ECU: ECU internally: Operating System: Low Background computing cycle (task) - Activity - System overloaded --(DSC: ECU internal) / Board supply voltage> 18 volts / DSC-ECU: ECUinternal: Operating system: low Background computing cycle (task) Activity - System overloaded! / Board supply voltage> 18 volts. / DSCECU: ECU internally: Operating System: Low Background computing cycle (task) - Activity - System overloaded! / DSC-ECU: ECU internally: Operating System: Low Background computing cycle (task) activity system overloaded! / Interface Combination invalid / Operating voltage> 18 volts

Fault Code: 00D373
Fault Explanation: :F-CAN SWA-top sensor message 200 or 201 missing / Embassy CAN: F CAN YWRT 1 ID: 0x0D8 / not received or message steering wheel angle Gateway UP TimeOut (ID 0x0C9h) wrong message length (DLC) [Channel: SZL] F-CAN

Fault Code: 005DF4 Fault
Explanation: :Board power supply voltage <9 V / CAS interface invalid / Operating voltage <9 V / Board power supply undervoltage / Board power supply voltage <9 Volts. / DSC-ECU: ECU internal ADC calibration error.

== Instrument cluster / Kombiinstrument ==

Fault Code: 00A550
Fault Explanation: :ID failure 1A0h speed

Fault Code: 00931D
Fault Explanation: :ID failure RDC / Windshield encoder error / BOARD POWER SUPPLY, OR OVERVOLTAGE UNDERVOLTAGE / BORDNETVOLTAGE, overvoltage or undervoltage / CAN Time Out RDC / ID loss RDC (held)

Fault Code: 009319
Fault Explanation: :Error signal tank level raw data links / Error signal Raw data container filling level Left / LEVER SENSOR RIGHT / Stoplight open load or short circuit to Ubat / HEBELGEBER1 / CAN signal invalid speed wheel Motorcycle H / Signal time second counter relative motorcycle invalid

Fault Code: 00931A
Fault Explanation: :LEVER DONORS LINKS / Stoplight cc to GND / HEBELGEBER2 / CAN signal path invalid pulse counter motorcycle H / Signal path kilometers motorcycle invalid / Error signal Tank raw data level law / Error signal Raw data container filling level rigth

Air conditioning / Klimaanlage

Fault Code: 009C6C
Fault Explanation: :12V Supply stepper motor / reference switch / 12V supply peripherals / Spritzduesenheizung / Monitor AUC supply / reserve 4 / Current Sense for AUC supply / heating / 12V output peripheral / steering column adjustment motor

CAS

CAS Fault Code: 00A0B5
Fault Explanation: :Signal detection speed error / DFAHL cable break A0B5

Fault Code: 00A0B2
Fault Explanation: :Error CAS supply / Error CAS supply a0b2

Fault Code: 00A0C1
Fault Explanation: river KL50L KS A0C1

Fault Code: 00A114
Fault Explanation: :ELV SG communication error

Fault Code: 00A118
Fault Explanation: :ASW signal detection speed error

Audio / Navigation / Communication

Fault Code: 00ABD2
Fault Explanation: rive Eject Fault / 0xABD2: Error in the connection to the radio antenna foot or diversity (if installed) Connect the wrong antenna diversity or / 0xABD2: Error in connection to Radio Diversity - Connect the wrong antenna or diversity

Junction Box Passenger / Beifahrer

Fault Code: 0093C2
Fault Explanation: :Switching Hub: contact faulty

Fault Code: 0093D0
Fault Explanation: :Heated passenger side defective Fault Code: 009408 Fault Explanation: :Supply voltage - undervoltage in PDC / ECO error converter (electrically controlled Orifice) / Supply voltage undervoltage during PDC

Theft alarm / Diebstahl Warnanlage

Fault Code: 009D44
Fault Explanation: :Alert: dysfunction power supply

Fussraummodul /FRM

Fault Code: 009CCE
Fault Explanation: rive passenger side mirror broken / Battery deep discharge

So a fair few errors there, but none of these come up as a warning light on the dash. So anyone got any help hints here, be forever thankful as i'm eager to learn!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 10:39 AM   #2
sirleeofroy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330D M-Sport LCI

Garage List
Ok, thats quite the list!

I would imagine some of the power related codes are due to jump starting the vehicle, are you able to clear all of the codes and see what actually comes back? There is a good chance that some of those are historic and just needed clearing out anyway....
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 11:15 AM   #3
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep
Drives: Beige G31 40ix m sport

Garage List
Was it jump started direct from the battery or the earth & positive charging point under the bonnet? The positive charging point has a red cap on it.
E34 3.6 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc 1967 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 11:56 AM   #4
Edgarr
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers 71 View Post
Was it jump started direct from the battery or the earth & positive charging point under the bonnet? The positive charging point has a red cap on it.
earth and positive charging points under the bonnet. Left the car running for a hour to get the battery a good charge.

Quote:
Ok, thats quite the list!

I would imagine some of the power related codes are due to jump starting the vehicle, are you able to clear all of the codes and see what actually comes back? There is a good chance that some of those are historic and just needed clearing out anyway....
Yeah need to find a way to clear the codes other than paying for the £55 quid for the full carly version, looking at using pro tools as that seems cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 01:08 AM   #5
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Use deep obd; not intuitive, but free and will deal with all modules.

The one code which stuck out to me was 0093c2: contact faulty... But really need to see which errors return after being cleared.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 02:48 AM   #6
sirleeofroy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330D M-Sport LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgarr View Post
earth and positive charging points under the bonnet. Left the car running for a hour to get the battery a good charge.

Yeah need to find a way to clear the codes other than paying for the £55 quid for the full carly version, looking at using pro tools as that seems cheaper.
Where are you? Someone here may be able to help if you are close..... Many are happy to assist with Carly/INPA etc...
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 12:31 PM   #7
Edgarr
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirleeofroy View Post
Where are you? Someone here may be able to help if you are close..... Many are happy to assist with Carly/INPA etc...
In Lancashire. However, managed to find a friend of a friend to help me out, all codes cleared. Started the car again and let her warm up, drove her down the street a few times. rechecked for any error codes and we are down to a single code. I don't have it to hand at the moment but it came up as a immobiliser error code. So will post it here tomorrow and see what the last niggling issue is.

Thanks again guys for the help!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 12:56 PM   #8
Edgarr
Rep

Garage List
Okay update, one last code is showing in CAS

Error CAS Supply 00A0B2
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 02:05 PM   #9
Edgarr
Rep

Garage List
Bit of a bump. More gremlins coming up.

Had no problems with the car since September this afternoon went got in the car to take some stuff out and to check the about of petrol left. Handbrake (i think) and Tyre Pressure icons came up on dash, rather strange i thought but checked the tyre pressure and yes they needed pumping up.

Waited for a delivery and then went out to get some petrol, went to start the car and nothing. Car would not start the lights, and dash went mental. and after about 30 seconds nothing. All i could get were the airbag passenger light and seatbelt light on the dash to come up. Unable to lock or unlock.

I have noticed the battery voltage has been hanging around 11.77v recently mind you. So i'm wondering if its time for a new battery.

Below is the carly report:

Carly found 9 control units.
7 fault codes were detected.
Freeze Frames were found.

Engine / Motor
Fault Code: 002F99
Fault Explanation: CDKTUM - ambient temperature

Instrument cluster / Kombiinstrument
Fault Code: 00931D
Fault Explanation: :ID failure RDC / Windshield encoder error /
BOARD POWER SUPPLY, OR OVERVOLTAGE UNDERVOLTAGE /
BORDNETVOLTAGE, overvoltage or undervoltage / CAN Time Out RDC
/ ID loss RDC (held)

Air conditioning / Klimaanlage
Fault Code: 009C6C
Fault Explanation: :12V Supply stepper motor / reference switch /
12V supply peripherals / Spritzduesenheizung / Monitor AUC supply /
reserve 4 / Current Sense for AUC supply / heating / 12V output
peripheral / steering column adjustment motor

CAS
Fault Code: 00A114
Fault Explanation: :ELV SG communication error
Fault Code: 00A118
Fault Explanation: :ASW signal detection speed error
Fault Code: 00A0B2
Fault Explanation: :Error CAS supply / Error CAS supply a0b2

Fussraummodul /FRM
Fault Code: 009CCE
Fault Explanation: rive passenger side mirror broken / Battery
deep discharge

Engine / Motor
Fault Code: 002F99
Motor temperature (t mot): 4
Intake (tans): 5
Ambient temperature (Tamb): -14
Supply voltage (UB): 6

Any help would be appreciated as currently this is my daily for work and i'm going to have to struggle to get a lift from someone. Any help ASAP would be grateful. Is it time for a new battery?

Update: I'm a bit worried about this broken passenger side window error with deep discharge.

Last edited by Edgarr; 12-15-2019 at 02:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 02:12 PM   #10
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep

Start with a new battery, or at least charge this one fully. Low battery on these cars causes all sorts of random codes and weirdness.

Note that the last error there is 'battery deep discharge' too
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 02:17 PM   #11
Edgarr
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
Start with a new battery, or at least charge this one fully. Low battery on these cars causes all sorts of random codes and weirdness.

Note that the last error there is 'battery deep discharge' too
Yes this is what happened last time, car started but just had a lot of random errors.

Need to do some research on the passenger side mirror and what could cause a discharge.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 06:22 PM   #12
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the problem may have nothing to do with the mirror...it's just an alternative definition for that code.

First thing there would be to test current draw from the battery with the car off. That way you can find out if it is just a bad battery, or parasitic drain which is causing the dead battery. But that can wait until after charging the battery fully, and seeing if the errors clear up etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 02:01 AM   #13
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

id say the car needs a new battery,,you can register/code it with carly if you have the license,subscription paid etc
Appreciate 0