E90Post
 


Extreme Powerhouse
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > DYI: Easiest way to get 1b file and generate FSC codes for CIC navi map update



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-09-2021, 02:53 AM   #727
bcoz
spectator
bcoz's Avatar
Australia
62
Rep
490
Posts

Drives: 330d Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KahlNz View Post
Real question though, I have just bought (yet to physically receive) a 2011 e90 (VIN WBAPM560X0NN35473). It's a Japanese car that has been imported to NZ, can I use this process to load Aus/NZ maps and will it work or is there something else I need to so to change region or something???
You may also want to refer to the recent Japan to UK iDrive/Navigation map conversion help thread: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1813594

Even though it relates to UK, it may also be relevant to NZ.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 07:49 PM   #728
KahlNz
New Member
0
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: F11 535i, E61 525i, E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

Cheers,
I'm getting stuck downloading the maps, I fall over at 26.4%, guessing that there aren't any seeders for the file???

Is there anywhere else I can get it? Or maybe a different Torrent?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 04:29 PM   #729
penfold2105
Private
0
Rep
52
Posts

Drives: BMW 318d E90
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: london UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by portalseo View Post
I've been a silent reader of this forum for quite some time and I got a lot of useful information and help out of it and what better way to make my first post by (hopefully) giving back to the community.

The following is by far the easiest and most convenient way to pull your 1b file from your car and generate an FSC update code for your BMW CIC navigation unit (at least for me) and I haven't come across any other method that is easier.

Tools required:

-one usb stick.
- 1b.zip: Attached below.
- “bmw_cic_fsc_generator.zip“: Download Windows version from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lW0...ew?usp=sharing or directly from Jaeger's thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453464
- Maps.zip: Attached below.

“1b.zip” contains the files necessary to pull the 1b file from your car via USB, “bmw_cic_fsc_generator.zip“ contains the FSC generator (a big thanks to user Jaeger and I hope he doesn't mind me using his generator as my preferred choice for generating fsc codes) and “MAPS.zip“ contains different map versions covering the most popular regions (North America, Europe and OZ/New Zealand).

First step: Pull 1b file from your car via usb stick.

1. Unpack the ZIP file (1b.zip) to the root of an empty USB stick
2. Power on your car (ignition on is fine, you don't need to start your car) and wait until the navigation system has started completely
3. Put the USB stick in the USB port in the glove box (do not use the usb port found in the middle console).
4. Wait for around 30 seconds
5. Remove the USB stick from the port in the glove box and put it in your (windows) computer
6. Check if the file 1b.hex is present on the USB stick (if not go to step 2 and try another USB stick). The file should be exactly 319 bytes in size and you can check your file by opening it with a hex editor such as HxD https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

Second step: Generate your FSC code using Jaeger's FSC generator


1. Unpack the ZIP file (bmw_cic_fsc_generator.zip) in Windows/Mac (after unpacking wait for a couple of seconds for the generator to automatically download the file Lookup.xml")
2. Open the FSC generator by clicking on "BMW_CIC_FSC_Generator.exe" and select the 1b file you pulled from your car as described above.
3. Select desired map type, region and version to generate your code.

Last step: Download desired map version and install on USB stick:


1. Unpack the ZIP file (MAPS.zip) and click on your desired map version (make sure you have a bit torrent client installed) to download it.
2. Put the downloaded map on an empty USB stick (just make sure it has been formatted using fat32).


Plug the usb stick containing your downloaded map version in the glove box of your car and switch your ignition on. After a couple of minutes your CIC will prompt you to update your map version. Just enter your generated code and the update will commence automatically.
That's it, you're done and good to go!


Big thanks again to Jaeger for his excellent fsc code generator http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453464.

Update: Maps.zip now contains a direct torrent download link for north america premium 2018-1 which supports both updating via dvd or alternatively via usb stick.
Guys if you need help to do the 1b file from the glovebox usb. I've made a video. It's on private the link but if it helps please subscribe.

Also I'm just getting the hang of coding and flashing modules if you want me to make a vid pm me. Thanks

https://youtu.be/lS4jDjV9rE4
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 05:28 PM   #730
KahlNz
New Member
0
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: F11 535i, E61 525i, E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KahlNz View Post
Cheers,
I'm getting stuck downloading the maps, I fall over at 26.4%, guessing that there aren't any seeders for the file???

Is there anywhere else I can get it? Or maybe a different Torrent?
BUMP, anywhere I can get a complete download of the NZ maps??? Otherwise I might just do an Android Auto box
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 08:45 PM   #731
bcoz
spectator
bcoz's Avatar
Australia
62
Rep
490
Posts

Drives: 330d Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KahlNz View Post
BUMP, anywhere I can get a complete download of the NZ maps??? Otherwise I might just do an Android Auto box
Try downloading the 2020 Aus/NZ PREMIUM maps from the Aussie thread below (post #93):
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...7#post25816567

These are CIC PREMIUM maps for Professional nav. I don't know where to get MOTION maps (Business nav) from.

It may take a while to ZIP the file (20-30 mins) before the download starts. If you have problems with the download, post on that thread.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 03:33 PM   #732
KahlNz
New Member
0
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: F11 535i, E61 525i, E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoz View Post
Try downloading the 2020 Aus/NZ PREMIUM maps from the Aussie thread below (post #93):
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...7#post25816567

These are CIC PREMIUM maps for Professional nav. I don't know where to get MOTION maps (Business nav) from.

It may take a while to ZIP the file (20-30 mins) before the download starts. If you have problems with the download, post on that thread.
Awesome thanks, I have professional nav so fingers crossed. Downloading (well waiting to start DL) now.

When I generate an FSC (in the FSC Generator tool) I assume its the map version I am GOING to that I select rather than the maps version I am coming from? for example when generating the code I would select 2020 Aus/NZ PREMIUM in this case?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 07:33 PM   #733
bcoz
spectator
bcoz's Avatar
Australia
62
Rep
490
Posts

Drives: 330d Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KahlNz View Post
When I generate an FSC (in the FSC Generator tool) I assume its the map version I am GOING to that I select rather than the maps version I am coming from? for example when generating the code I would select 2020 Aus/NZ PREMIUM in this case?
Yep, select the 2020 map.
Make sure you also Tick the Lifetime box. As it's a Lifetime code, it should then work for all future maps, including 2021 (if/when released).
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 07:21 PM   #734
KahlNz
New Member
0
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: F11 535i, E61 525i, E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

Sweet, I've downloaded to an USB but it isn't recognised by my CIC. Nav doesn't have that tick at the bottom left, just an empty circle, so I am trying to write them to a DVD now and I'll give that a whirl.

I have an MMI box coming anyway so failing that I will still have maps available through the MMI/Androud Auto
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 08:23 PM   #735
KahlNz
New Member
0
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: F11 535i, E61 525i, E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KahlNz View Post
Sweet, I've downloaded to an USB but it isn't recognised by my CIC. Nav doesn't have that tick at the bottom left, just an empty circle, so I am trying to write them to a DVD now and I'll give that a whirl.

I have an MMI box coming anyway so failing that I will still have maps available through the MMI/Androud Auto
LOL Scratch that, the maps are ever so slightly too big for a DVD.... I'll just wait for the MMI box
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 05:04 AM   #736
undermydesk
Registered
undermydesk's Avatar
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: BMW E91 LCI / 320d
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: DE

iTrader: (0)

Dear all,

... I'm at a loss - I cannot get my E91 (SA606) to write the 1B file
to my USB stick.
Although the instructions seems very clear to me - is there anything
that I could possibly miss?

cheers!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 08:55 AM   #737
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
5331
Rep
27,768
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by undermydesk View Post
Dear all,

... I'm at a loss - I cannot get my E91 (SA606) to write the 1B file
to my USB stick.
Although the instructions seems very clear to me - is there anything
that I could possibly miss?

cheers!
If you are trying to pull 1b file from your car via usb stick, it will not work for you. It works only for CIC Head Unit. With SA606, you have either CHAMP2 or CIC-MID Head Unit.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2021, 09:57 AM   #738
undermydesk
Registered
undermydesk's Avatar
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: BMW E91 LCI / 320d
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: DE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
If you are trying to pull 1b file from your car via usb stick, it will not work for you. It works only for CIC Head Unit. With SA606, you have either CHAMP2 or CIC-MID Head Unit.
ah - ty, good to know why it fails then... the OP doesn't distinguish between different CIC versions. That's why I thought it should work...
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2021, 02:45 PM   #739
aurelyannn
New Member
aurelyannn's Avatar
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: Bmw F30 318D
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Romania

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by portalseo View Post
I managed to directly attach 1b.zip and maps.zip in my post above and you can download the FSC generator from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lW0...ew?usp=sharing or from Jaeger's thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453464

Looking forward to hearing from you again once you're done updating your maps
hello, the usb mut be fat32?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2021, 07:26 PM   #740
opjose
Major
opjose's Avatar
199
Rep
1,224
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Md

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurelyannn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by portalseo View Post
I managed to directly attach 1b.zip and maps.zip in my post above and you can download the FSC generator from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lW0...ew?usp=sharing or from Jaeger's thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453464

Looking forward to hearing from you again once you're done updating your maps
hello, the usb mut be fat32?
Yes Fat32 only.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 08:09 PM   #741
CexarGlez
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW 325i 2011 E90 Sport Navi
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Mexico

iTrader: (0)

Cool Excelente y funcional post

Estuve navegando mucho para encontrar la forma, y con este post resulto super sencillo, en un día hice la actualización y quedo de Lujo, solo busque los mapas mas recientes, mi auto tenia la versión premium 2011 y lo cabo de actualizar con la premium 2020.

Muchas gracias.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 06:21 AM   #742
Dred2020
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: Bmw e93 convertible
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Bristol

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by portalseo View Post
I've been a silent reader of this forum for quite some time and I got a lot of useful information and help out of it and what better way to make my first post by (hopefully) giving back to the community.

The following is by far the easiest and most convenient way to pull your 1b file from your car and generate an FSC update code for your BMW CIC navigation unit (at least for me) and I haven't come across any other method that is easier.

Tools required:

-one usb stick.
- 1b.zip: Attached below.
- “bmw_cic_fsc_generator.zip“: Download Windows version from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lW0...ew?usp=sharing or directly from Jaeger's thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453464
- Maps.zip: Attached below.

“1b.zip” contains the files necessary to pull the 1b file from your car via USB, “bmw_cic_fsc_generator.zip“ contains the FSC generator (a big thanks to user Jaeger and I hope he doesn't mind me using his generator as my preferred choice for generating fsc codes) and “MAPS.zip“ contains different map versions covering the most popular regions (North America, Europe and OZ/New Zealand).

First step: Pull 1b file from your car via usb stick.

1. Unpack the ZIP file (1b.zip) to the root of an empty USB stick
2. Power on your car (ignition on is fine, you don't need to start your car) and wait until the navigation system has started completely
3. Put the USB stick in the USB port in the glove box (do not use the usb port found in the middle console).
4. Wait for around 30 seconds
5. Remove the USB stick from the port in the glove box and put it in your (windows) computer
6. Check if the file 1b.hex is present on the USB stick (if not go to step 2 and try another USB stick). The file should be exactly 319 bytes in size and you can check your file by opening it with a hex editor such as HxD https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

Second step: Generate your FSC code using Jaeger's FSC generator


1. Unpack the ZIP file (bmw_cic_fsc_generator.zip) in Windows/Mac (after unpacking wait for a couple of seconds for the generator to automatically download the file Lookup.xml")
2. Open the FSC generator by clicking on "BMW_CIC_FSC_Generator.exe" and select the 1b file you pulled from your car as described above.
3. Select desired map type, region and version to generate your code.

Last step: Download desired map version and install on USB stick:


1. Unpack the ZIP file (MAPS.zip) and click on your desired map version (make sure you have a bit torrent client installed) to download it.
2. Put the downloaded map on an empty USB stick (just make sure it has been formatted using fat32).


Plug the usb stick containing your downloaded map version in the glove box of your car and switch your ignition on. After a couple of minutes your CIC will prompt you to update your map version. Just enter your generated code and the update will commence automatically.
That's it, you're done and good to go!


Big thanks again to Jaeger for his excellent fsc code generator http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453464.

Update: Maps.zip now contains a direct torrent download link for north america premium 2018-1 which supports both updating via dvd or alternatively via usb stick.
Hi I managed to extract the map I wanted but have ended up with USB 1,2 and 3, which one do I use
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 05:16 PM   #743
opjose
Major
opjose's Avatar
199
Rep
1,224
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Md

iTrader: (0)

You use all of them, starting with 1.

You will be prompted to change "DVD"'s, then insert the next one.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 11:17 PM   #744
penfold2105
Private
0
Rep
52
Posts

Drives: BMW 318d E90
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: london UK

iTrader: (0)

>> CIC
Road Map PREMIUM Europe East 2021-1 (1USB) - https://yadi.sk/d/AKLedORqkZpe3Q
Road Map PREMIUM Europe West 2021-1 (1USB) - https://yadi.sk/d/P3LfVZDgONDBCQ

Road Map North America PREMIUM 2019 (1USB) - https://yadi.sk/d/o41vFe9O2uV8aA

>> CIC-Mid
Road Map Europe East MOTION 2021 - https://yadi.sk/d/cqo0fUdMQUFSfQ
Road Map Europe West MOTION 2021 - https://yadi.sk/d/s41Ks3fEk8HSpQ

Road Map Europe East MOVE 2020 - https://yadi.sk/d/qbjw81_j1Yoi9g
Road Map Europe West MOVE 2020 - https://yadi.sk/d/U1fClwpC2G8oZQ

>> NBT
Road Map Europe East NEXT 2021-1 - https://yadi.sk/d/uT5oMrT3Eo-V7Q
Road Map Europe West NEXT 2021-1 - https://yadi.sk/d/q5maL0d0hV2S0w

Road Map North America NEXT 2021-1 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ibX...w?usp=drivesdk

>> NBT Evo
Road Map Russia EVO 2020-3 - https://yadi.sk/d/uIFqLz8FTfvjdA
Road Map Europe EVO 2020-3 - https://yadi.sk/d/SrpKY-qQ89h8DQ

Road Map Europe Way 2018-1 - https://yadi.sk/d/rWxbhnoHFCJ7Eg

>> EntryNav
Road Map Europe Route East 2021-1 - https://yadi.sk/d/vfdTUP2AERZUQQ
Road Map Europe Route West 2021-1 - https://yadi.sk/d/WeVokyaaazhy6Q

>> MGU (iDrive7)
Road Map Europe Live 2020-2 - https://yadi.sk/d/qXMR6lWBuEz-Yg

If you need FSC for premium maps see vid. If helped please subscribe.
Thanks

Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
cic and idrive, cic code, fsc code

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST