E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Avoid Roseville BMW, Go to Niello in Sac Instead

05-26-2008, 11:28 PM   #1
steve6382
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 650i Coupe

Avoid Roseville BMW, Go to Niello in Sac Instead

I ordered a new 328i coupe on 4/19/08. I had a rather dissapointing experience at Roseville BMW. They sent me an email customer service survey. It's not my nature to be a big jerk and make a fuss, but since they asked for it, I thought I should let them know how I feel.

Here's a copy of my email I sent to thier customer service manager:

Hi Kristy,

Boy, do I have a story for you. :-)

First of all, I want to make it clear that this does not reflect my experience with the internet sales department. I visited Roseville BMW in person.

I have an existing BMW FS lease that expires in July of this year, so last Saturday (4/19), I decided to visit my local Roseville BMW Dealer and look at the new 3 coupe. As I pull in the driveway, I see a salesman pacing back and forth in front of the building watching me park my car. As soon as I get out of my car, sure enough, here he comes! Before I can even touch the new cars, he is already talking to me. So I tell him my story: My current BMW lease expires in July, so I am looking for my next vehicle. I am looking early becase I want a manual transmission and I know they are hard to come by on dealer lots. At the time Roseville only had Automatic Transmission 3 coupes on the lot. So, the salesman proceded to tell me why the new autos are better than the manual because they have paddle shifters. I already know what I want and I hate to be "sold" something else.

I told the salesman I would like to custom-order my next car, so I can get a manual transmission. So we go inside I take a seat at his desk. We put together my car, and then try to come to a "negotiated" price. For about an hour we go through the usual back and forth, "let me run this by my manager" dance. Ugh! So predictable. Yet, I didn't expect this from a luxury brand like BMW. This is my 3rd BMW lease and I never had to endure something like that at other dealers. I felt like I was at a Chevy or Ford dealer.

So we finnally come to a negotiated price. He has everything laid out on paper so I could see all my options side by side. I carefully look them over, then explain to the salesman that I need to shop at least one other BMW dealer to make sure I am getting the best price. The salesman was clearly upset. He pulled the papers back from me, told me I wasted his time, and that he didn't know I was "playing games" with him.

However, he did try to sell me a USED 3 coupe on my way out the door. It had a manual transmission, but it had more mileage than my current vehicle. I guess at that point he was desprate to sell me anything, because he knew I would never come back. Well, he's right, I won't be coming back.

That same day I went to Niello BMW in Sacramento. WOW!! What a difference! You guys should pay them a visit, you could learn a few things! :-) I told them what I wanted and they listened. They never attempted to sell me something else. Since Niello participates in the Costco Auto program, all I had to do was show them my Costco card, and I got a pre-negotiated price without a fuss. The salesman was courteous and professional at all times and the whole experience was quick and totally painless. This is what I have come to expect from BMW.

So I placed my order at Niello that day. When I was in the showroom, I ran into another customer that I saw at Roseville BMW earlier that same day. He told me he also left Roseville BMW and bought a car from Niello instead, just like I did. Niello stole two of your sales that day! :-)
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 11:34 PM   #2
KyleO72
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i Sport

haha very nice story...good choice, glad you left to check out another dealership
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 01:38 AM   #3
Robaire
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

FWIW, years ago, I had rather bad experiences at both Niello and Roseville BMW. We started at Niello, then went to Roseville to see if we'd have better luck. Nasty treatment at Niello, even worse next at Roseville. Had the big boss snarl at me for having the nerve to try and negotiate on the sales price: "why should we give this car away when we can sell it for anything we want!" By far the worst experience we've ever had buying a car. Ended up buying two Infinitis over time after that.

Anyway, have just now bought a 2008 328i sedan purely via the internet. Very painless purchase from Roseville BMW this go round. The real irony is the sales/contact person was the same person we had such a bad experience with years ago! Don't know about leasing, but I'll do business on-line from now on when buying a car, but ymmv.
Appreciate 0