E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > FS 2009 335d 94,000 Miles

02-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
stokerdog
Near Milwaukee, WI
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d

FS 2009 335d 94,000 Miles

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 21,490.00

Item Interest
A job change is forcing me to sell this beautiful 2009 BMW 335d. The color combination is simply magnificent and shines very bright as the paint was professionally cleaned, polished, and waxed 6 months ago (I'm very particular about my cars). The pictures don't do it justice as the day was cloudy when I took the pictures. The last one shows it in my cluttered garage, but really shines. As you would imagine, the miles on the car are mostly hwy miles. The diesel engine in this car is simply amazing: no smoke, very quiet yet with a distinctly pleasant “rumble”, and the amazing power delivery. This car has no problem accelerating briskly and passing – besting many performance cars. The surprising thing is the fuel economy delivered, with an EPA rating of 36 mpg hwy. All service work is up to date with a few extra items performed to insure the car will run for a good long time such as changing out the transmission fluid and filter with BMW recommended oil. The car needs nothing at this time as all service is up to date. All oil changes performed before the service reminder light with recommended BMW synthetic oil. I am a professional engineer and used the car for work and pleasure so the interior is very well maintained with no abnormal wear or scratches, the seats nor carpeting have stains and of course I do not smoke, in fact the car still has a bit of the "new car smell" to it. I am the guy who parks in the back of the lot to prevent door dings – well taken care of BMW – I care way more than any dealer! The car comes with both keys, owner’s manual, and all service history. There is a set of 18" summer tires and wheels (less than 11K miles) available for sale also.

A few details:
1) There is a very reputable shop two blocks from my house if you are interested in having it inspected (Garys Auto – Delafield)
2) I will pick you up from the airport if you are flying in
3) If you are not satisfied upon inspection, I will give you all of your deposit back! I want you to be as thrilled with this car as I am.

Attached Images

Last edited by stokerdog; 03-17-2013 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: Price Adjustment
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 08:29 AM   #2
hgtran21
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

priced kinda high, glws
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #3
stokerdog
Near Milwaukee, WI
United_States
Rep

Thank you for the well wishes. I would like to understand why you think the price is over market value. I did a lot of research (KBB, NADA, Edmunds, Autotrader, Ebay etc). I generally do an averaging being as car price is a bit subjective.

What sources am I missing?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #4
hgtran21
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

i think the miles would scare people. 94k no cpo , there are still warranty with hpfp and the turbos if im not mistaken , but the car is also doesnt have sports package. pretty bare minimum , just an opinion
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #5
stokerdog
Near Milwaukee, WI
United_States
Rep

Few cars with 94k have any remaining warranty, so I am thinking that if you are looking for a BMW for less than high 20's and more than 4 years old even CPO would not be offered. This car is less than 1/2 price (was like $46K new) is very attractive price for a BMW.

In terms of the sport option, people interested in ~36mpg are not likely going to pitch it into a corner with the same vigor as a person looking for a sport package. It would be interesting to see the difference in slalom in sport vs "normal".

In terms of the miles on the car, 94K is not half worn out by long shot, this car should easily go 300K if the maintenance continues the way I have taken care of it while in my care.

For what ever my opinion is worth...
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 06:32 AM   #6
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgtran21 View Post
i think the miles would scare people. 94k no cpo , there are still warranty with hpfp and the turbos if im not mistaken , but the car is also doesnt have sports package. pretty bare minimum , just an opinion
Maybe people that know nothing about Diesels...
Diesel engines can EASILY last longer than 300k miles with very little maintenance and BMW is experienced with Diesels...

When we lived in Europe, past 3 years, my wife owned a 120d SE with about 90k miles and it ran like new -- only oil and filter maintenance...
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 07:03 AM   #7
derryck
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 Coupe

Many people opt for the sport package because the seats are much better and have adjustable thigh support. Best of luck with sale though...
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #8
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by derryck View Post
Many people opt for the sport package because the seats are much better and have adjustable thigh support. Best of luck with sale though...
I agree, ZSP Seats are great. Thigh support -- had them since 2005, and move that support every weekend when I clean the car
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #9
stokerdog
Near Milwaukee, WI
United_States
Rep

A bit more information on the car:

The build date is December of 2008.

I don't know what is an option and what is "standard", but some items that I can think of are: Power & Memory seats, the Key fobs save seat, radio, and temp settings for each fob, kind of handy if you have two drivers. Sun roof, typical power door locks and windows. BWM "Professional" radio, I don't know there that falls into the BMW lineup. Keyless start (Key fob with start button), tiptronic 6speed transmission, and ABS and traction control. I have set of 17" snow tires and wheels, and for a small additional sum, will sell the 18" summer tires and wheels. HID headlights (they turn into the corner for improved visability). It does not have bluetooth or GPS.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #10
stokerdog
Near Milwaukee, WI
United_States
Rep

I compiled a list of "Installed Options". I think most of these come with the base 3 series, but for those that don't know all of the particulars....

4-Wheel Disc Brakes
ABS
AM/FM Stereo
Adjustable Steering Wheel
Aluminum Wheels
Automatic on, HID and swiveling/leveling Headlights
Auxiliary Audio Input
Brake Assist
Bucket Seats
CD Player
Child Safety Locks
Automatic Climate Control
Cruise Control
Daytime Running Lights
Driver Illuminated Vanity Mirror
Emergency Trunk Release
Engine Immobilizer
Fog Lamps
Front Head Air Bag
Front Reading Lamps
Front Side Air Bag
Heated Mirrors
Intermittent Wipers
Keyless Entry
Keyless Start
Leather Steering Wheel
Mirror Memory
Multi-Zone A/C
Passenger Air Bag Sensor
Passenger Illuminated Visor Mirror
Passenger Vanity Mirror
Power Door Locks
Power Driver and passenger Seat
Power Mirror(s)
Power Outlet
Power Steering
Power Windows
Premium Synthetic Seats
Rain Sensing Wipers
Rear A/C
Rear Defrost
Rear Head Air Bag
Rear Reading Lamps
Rear Wheel Drive
Remote Trunk Release
Seat Memory
Stability Control
Steering Wheel Audio Controls
Sun/Moon Roof
Tire Pressure Monitor
Traction Control
Trip Computer
Turbocharged
Variable Speed Intermittent Wipers
Woodgrain Interior Trim
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #11
stokerdog
Near Milwaukee, WI
United_States
Rep

Bump, would like to move this car!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #12
stokerdog
Near Milwaukee, WI
United_States
Rep

Any Test drives this weekend?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #13
Park2670
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

Great looking car, its good to see a d in the high mileages. Good luck with the sale. I feel like you have a good price that will find a buyer looking for the perfect road trip car.
      08-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #14
MiniNL
Rep
Drives: 06 Mini Cooper S

Garage List
Is this still available?

*oops, just saw this is a 6 month old post. At least I was using the search function :P

Last edited by MiniNL; 08-11-2013 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: not paying attention
Appreciate 0