E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Installed Audio System Now Im getting Airbag Light???

12-24-2009, 10:52 AM   #1
3pnt4maro
Long Time Lurker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330I

Installed Audio System Now Im getting Airbag Light???

I just had a shop install two Rockford Fosgate Punch P2 10'2 with the supporting amp in a custom enclosure to add a little more bass to the Logic 7 sound system my car came with. The install went great and looks factory. However, my airbag light/seatbelt light came on as soon as I pulled out of the parking lot. I called the shop back and he said he had no idea as he didnt touch any the driver seatbelt or airbag modules. The rear seat was taken out to install the wall in the trunk and take out the rear deck speakers so it could be ported. The battery was obviously disconnected so the amp kit could be installed. Would this have anything to do with it?? I took the car in to BMW for a water pump replacement and they said the code was a faulty airbag module, however the light and ding only happen intermittently and does not happen at constant highway speeds, only lower speeds. They checked both seat mats and said they were fine. However, Im leaning toward the battery disconnect being the culprit. Any ideas on how to fix this?

12-24-2009, 11:06 PM   #2
kalei43
Rep
Drives: e90 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pnt4maro View Post
I just had a shop install two Rockford Fosgate Punch P2 10'2 with the supporting amp in a custom enclosure to add a little more bass to the Logic 7 sound system my car came with. The install went great and looks factory. However, my airbag light/seatbelt light came on as soon as I pulled out of the parking lot. I called the shop back and he said he had no idea as he didnt touch any the driver seatbelt or airbag modules. The rear seat was taken out to install the wall in the trunk and take out the rear deck speakers so it could be ported. The battery was obviously disconnected so the amp kit could be installed. Would this have anything to do with it?? I took the car in to BMW for a water pump replacement and they said the code was a faulty airbag module, however the light and ding only happen intermittently and does not happen at constant highway speeds, only lower speeds. They checked both seat mats and said they were fine. However, Im leaning toward the battery disconnect being the culprit. Any ideas on how to fix this?

They took out the rear deck speakers? If not mistaken the speakers run on a BUS system which also affects the air bags... seen a few guys mess with the speakers and end up triggering the air bag.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2009, 01:50 AM   #3
vladster
Private First Class
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: BMW 335 ci

It happened to me when i removed the front seat. I just went to the dealer they did a reset and the light was gone. Maybe find a guy with a BT cable to check what is the error code.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2009, 06:56 AM   #4
mathematics
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 328i e93 alpine white

such a pain in the ass these cars are. had gotten full serve gas in NJ bc they don't allow self serve, and the dope got the rubber cord from the cap stuck in the fill valve. gas cap light didn't go on til a day later, followed by the service engine soon light. shit was stuck so badly that it took me 20 minutes to get the cap back off. now, i have to take it to the dealer to have the code fixed. i once filled the car with the engine running and got the service engine soon light. dealer even told me that they knew i filled up with the engine on and to not do that again.
iPhone 6 Plus (iTunes library/iTunes radio/Waze, etc) to Airport Express via AirPlay. Toslink out of Airport Express to Helix P-Six DSP. PHD AF 1.C tweeters, PHD FB 4.1 midranges. Jehnert Door Cards and mid-bass'.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2009, 09:59 AM   #5
lonestar22
Ground Clearance?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 540i & X5

the seat is usually the reason all cars do it. if u have a solus pro you can reset it with that as well

E90 330i - E90 335i - E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 05:20 PM   #6
3pnt4maro
Long Time Lurker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330I

Thanks guys, I will have to see about having it reset
The warning light is still going off so I assume that is the problem