E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > SCAMMING/FRAUDULENT ZNM Performance/Auto (Matt Malave ELyse Cruz) Pompton Lakes, NJ

01-15-2020, 03:53 PM   #133
cortez08
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEDM3 View Post
Better business bureau pick up the phone I've got a story to tell!😤
The situation with Matt and Elyse has far surpassed the BBB. You need to contact NJ Consumer Fraud as there is an active and ongoing investigation. They are very very aware of all this including my case which involves 8k+ that Matt and Elyse both scammed from me. BBB is irrelevant and powerless to help you. NJ consumer fraud is no joke as Matt is quickly finding out.

Reach out to myself or Lshaw if you need contact info. Sorry this happened to you. I know what it's like.
Appreciate 1
Lshaw250.50
      01-16-2020, 08:41 AM   #134
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortez08 View Post
The situation with Matt and Elyse has far surpassed the BBB. You need to contact NJ Consumer Fraud as there is an active and ongoing investigation. They are very very aware of all this including my case which involves 8k+ that Matt and Elyse both scammed from me. BBB is irrelevant and powerless to help you. NJ consumer fraud is no joke as Matt is quickly finding out.

Reach out to myself or Lshaw if you need contact info. Sorry this happened to you. I know what it's like.
I would also recommend reaching out to the attorney general of NJ. I have done this in the past and the AG office will send a threating Legal Notice to the company saying they are in violation of the state laws and if they do not resolve the matter in a reasonable time frame they will take further legal action against them.

The only thing you have to worry about with these two and fact they have not already done this so how stupid they really are, is to file for bankruptcy, and then open business under a different name. They may have attempted to so this buy setting up two LLC business as they have to keep anyone from going after any personal assets if they have any at all.
Appreciate 1
Lshaw250.50
      01-16-2020, 10:31 AM   #135
Senpai
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshaw View Post
Same old story, same old scamming pieces of shit Matt Mallave and Elyse Cruz. ALWAYS an excuse, lol, i dealt with their bullshit for a good year and half, accepting their lies in order to get the best results. But unfortunately i had to go through consumer affairs to get anything done. So to anybody in this situation, DO NOT EXPECT ANY REFUND OR SERVICE FROM ZNM, they will lie to you until the very end. Trust me.., not worth the headache. Literally everyone is getting the same run around and it is indeed comedic at this point. Spyro235

Matt used to send me fabricated screen shots as well, from Chase Merchant account. He would tell me he refunded me and its taking 10 days to process, showing me screen shots from Chase that he refunded me. The pictures deemed to be FAKE, so he fabricated Chase Merchant Refund page, with a fake claim number. I called chase to confirm, and they didnt have any record of it.

When that didnt work, he tried paypal. Usually when you pay someone money is paid from your linked bank account. BUT he couldn't pay me that way for some reason, GET THIS, he said he needed to transfer money from his bank to his PAYPAL BALANCE in order to pay me, and it would take up to x amount of days for it to clear.
They really took my aftermarket warranty company for a ride on this one. I also paid for parts out of pocket for which he owed me and I got the same runaround on when I would get my money back. He originally was going to paypal me but after a few weeks of nothing I decided enough was enough. Eventually I got fed up and went to the shop directly and demanded my money back and wouldn't leave until I was paid. When I was there he told me I'd have to wait for paypal, chase, all of the above but I had pretty much every payment method. He eventually agreed to venmo me and sent like 5 different venmo payments of $50 increments.
      01-17-2020, 08:22 AM   #136
Spyro235
Captain
Rep
Drives: '10 X5D, '04 330i ZHP

I'll also go ahead and be up front, should this shop try to talk about me. The basis of this most recent bout of promised money was that 1/3 of my order that they owe me for was for a part that was original to the car, that he agreed to try to return. From what they've told me, they have to sign off that they've made sure the part was the one bought. So I guess they signed off on it and tried to pass it through- which really, if they had just said no, it would've been fine. He told me countless times that he stood up for me to "his friend" or "buddy" or whatever at his supplier agreed to process the refund, and it had been processed etc. Matt claims that hes more than willing to pay me back for the normally returned stuff, but has never given me money for it.

So, I'll admit, they worked with ye to try to skirt the rules. That's not what I'm mad about- I'm mad that for 4.5 months Matt's promised and agreed to refund all the money back, and never has. Has made multiple arrangments of "ok, this day, tomorrow, money will be here in a week" and has pulled the same "paypal" BS that I see in this thread with me. "Oh I'm waiting on it to clear my account, oh paypal flagged my account, oh I've gotten in trouble for using venmo so I can't do that, oh the money is clear from paypal and I'm just waiting for it to go into my account" He's made claims that it was put back right to my card, and shown me pictures (apparently faked) of "refund seq1" on my charges. All this time, all he had to say was "you're not getting your money back for the original part, here's the money for the other stuff." Which of course he's said, just not followed through on, and I probably would've ignored the fact that he'd given me promises and his word for months, and given me back what I was owed. But no, he's now moved from trying to intimidate and bully me on the phone, to threatening me with court over something he consciously allowed to happen.

beyond that thouhg, the threads of doubt were early.. like when I spent about 3G's of money on my 335i there, trying to find a stumble / low boost codes. Injectors, spark plugs, coils, new valve cover, 2 smoke tests... all for a problem that's cause was that the intercooler pipe had popped off. Within 15 minutes of my local, non BMW specific shop starting a smoke test, they found the hose that had popped off and resealed it. Based on the difference in sound alone, I'm not sure how any shop familiar with the n54 could have missed that I had a giant boost leak- I loved the sound but it sounded like I had a big single!
      01-17-2020, 03:41 PM   #137
Sge92x
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 328i xdrive

Would work out for you if you let him take you to court
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 03:13 PM   #138
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro235 View Post
I'll also go ahead and be up front, should this shop try to talk about me. The basis of this most recent bout of promised money was that 1/3 of my order that they owe me for was for a part that was original to the car, that he agreed to try to return. From what they've told me, they have to sign off that they've made sure the part was the one bought. So I guess they signed off on it and tried to pass it through- which really, if they had just said no, it would've been fine. He told me countless times that he stood up for me to "his friend" or "buddy" or whatever at his supplier agreed to process the refund, and it had been processed etc. Matt claims that hes more than willing to pay me back for the normally returned stuff, but has never given me money for it.

So, I'll admit, they worked with ye to try to skirt the rules. That's not what I'm mad about- I'm mad that for 4.5 months Matt's promised and agreed to refund all the money back, and never has. Has made multiple arrangments of "ok, this day, tomorrow, money will be here in a week" and has pulled the same "paypal" BS that I see in this thread with me. "Oh I'm waiting on it to clear my account, oh paypal flagged my account, oh I've gotten in trouble for using venmo so I can't do that, oh the money is clear from paypal and I'm just waiting for it to go into my account" He's made claims that it was put back right to my card, and shown me pictures (apparently faked) of "refund seq1" on my charges. All this time, all he had to say was "you're not getting your money back for the original part, here's the money for the other stuff." Which of course he's said, just not followed through on, and I probably would've ignored the fact that he'd given me promises and his word for months, and given me back what I was owed. But no, he's now moved from trying to intimidate and bully me on the phone, to threatening me with court over something he consciously allowed to happen.

beyond that thouhg, the threads of doubt were early.. like when I spent about 3G's of money on my 335i there, trying to find a stumble / low boost codes. Injectors, spark plugs, coils, new valve cover, 2 smoke tests... all for a problem that's cause was that the intercooler pipe had popped off. Within 15 minutes of my local, non BMW specific shop starting a smoke test, they found the hose that had popped off and resealed it. Based on the difference in sound alone, I'm not sure how any shop familiar with the n54 could have missed that I had a giant boost leak- I loved the sound but it sounded like I had a big single!
Thats tough man, plenty of us feeeeel your pain. Sorry you had to go through this as well. He tried the lawyer thing with me and i GLADLY said, absolutely have your lawyer contact me.

Their effing mechanics were also bottom of the barrel garbage. One of them actually messaged me and tried to justify himself (basically he was trying to clear his name, because ZNM was fully explosed and about to be shut down). Saying he was just following Matts orders. I had zero sympathy and told him to f*ck off, as i explained there is no way youre that naive to take orders, as in...Take this part off this customers car and put it on this other customer's car.

For my car, I had completely different turbos, and a rear inlet that wasnt even connected, and much much more wrong. See my other posts on S p o o l street.

This was confirmed months later when i asked Matt wtf turbos he put in my car, he admitted he did change my turbos and said he couldn't remember what he put back in.
15 X5 xdrive 35i (2015-)
17 Forester XT (2016-)
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 07:01 AM   #139
Spyro235
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thats tough man, plenty of us feeeeel your pain. Sorry you had to go through this as well. He tried the lawyer thing with me and i GLADLY said, absolutely have your lawyer contact me.

Their effing mechanics were also bottom of the barrel garbage. One of them actually messaged me and tried to justify himself (basically he was trying to clear his name, because ZNM was fully explosed and about to be shut down). Saying he was just following Matts orders. I had zero sympathy and told him to f*ck off, as i explained there is no way youre that naive to take orders, as in...Take this part off this customers car and put it on this other customer's car.

For my car, I had completely different turbos, and a rear inlet that wasnt even connected, and much much more wrong. See my other posts on S p o o l street.

This was confirmed months later when i asked Matt wtf turbos he put in my car, he admitted he did change my turbos and said he couldn't remember what he put back in.
I was told countless times, after injectors, coils, plugs, etc that new turbos were in store from rattle and the low boost codes.... I didn't really hear any rattle. And there was certainly no rattle once the huge obvious boost leak was fixed. That would've been a 3.5k bill and "solving" the issue wouldn't have even required actually replacing my turbos! That was at 125k, and at 171k when I sold it, it was still hitting 16-17psi as requested on MHD stage 2, strong, and tapering down as it should all the way to redline. In hindsight, I had no proof that my valve cover was ever changed, he showed me "my" valve cover with the piece cracked off, but there's no way to know it was mine. I honestly believe my VC could have been cracked, as it seems to be a common one..... but then again, it didn't solve my stumbling/ stalling issue like a fixed vacuum leak would have. I ended p replacing my O2 sensors even though they had no codes, and that solved the stumble.
      02-04-2020, 02:05 PM   #140
Spyro235
Captain
Rep

Just want to bump this to keep it current. You know who hasn't gotten a check with the money that's owed to me? THIS GUYYYYY!!! Dishonest, scammy scum.
BOOF-M34450.00
      02-04-2020, 04:03 PM   #141
mrshizznat055
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335xi

He still owes me a lot of money from work that was "done" but never even touched
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 08:04 AM   #142
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Looks like ZNM has rebranded to part according to a quick google search.

As of today, no idea whats happening with ZNM shop side, but it seems like ZNM Parts is still up and running.

Hopefully everyone here who has had a bad experience with ZNM will write their reviews to make sure these people dont screw over anybody else in the future. Time will tell.
15 X5 xdrive 35i (2015-)
17 Forester XT (2016-)
Appreciate 1
Wolf 3352340.50
      02-19-2020, 08:49 AM   #143
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
The solution seems pretty obvious to me...

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
SlimE92185.50
      02-19-2020, 08:53 AM   #144
SlimE92
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post

[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...8GZw6dCc3TvFgP[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 09:14 AM   #145
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post

Lol!

Fortunately they did that to themselves...From what I heard there were many visits to his shop from very angry people.....and for the next few months, they have a few upcoming court appearances

I'm just here to fuel the 🔥

Last edited by Lshaw; 02-19-2020 at 09:19 AM..
Appreciate 3
      02-19-2020, 01:21 PM   #146
Spyro235
Captain
Rep

Quote:

As of today, no idea whats happening with ZNM shop side, but it seems like ZNM Parts is still up and running.

Hopefully everyone here who has had a bad experience with ZNM will write their reviews to make sure these people dont screw over anybody else in the future. Time will tell.
Somehow their google review rating has gone UP recently. Hilarious becasue I don't believe they have a shop space, so I'm not sure how customers are so happy recently with the service....

Anyway, now they list their address as Lincoln park right on the airport. I presume it's just their parts stuff but I really don't know. trash either way, both businesses suck.
      02-21-2020, 09:26 AM   #147
MEN54
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330 xi

Quote:
Somehow their google review rating has gone UP recently. Hilarious becasue I don't believe they have a shop space, so I'm not sure how customers are so happy recently with the service....

Anyway, now they list their address as Lincoln park right on the airport. I presume it's just their parts stuff but I really don't know. trash either way, both businesses suck.
they can have their friends to write good reviews for them
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 09:46 AM   #148
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:

Looks like they trying to start up new, they created a new website on 1/15/2020 and hiding behind godaddy so no one knows who they are.

Domain Name: ZNMPERFORMANCEPARTS.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2480467014_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2020-01-15T15:12:13Z
Creation Date: 2020-01-15T15:12:10Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2021-01-15T15:12:10Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@godaddy.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: 480-624-2505
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited https://icann.org/eppclientDeleteProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited https://icann.org/eppclientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/eppclientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited https://icann.org/eppclientUpdateProhibited
Name Server: NS51.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS52.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/
Last update of whois database: 2020-02-21T15:42:52Z
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 09:01 AM   #149
Spyro235
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEN54 View Post
they can have their friends to write good reviews for them
I wouldn't ever encourage anyone to write a bad review... but if a few people from this thread other than me and Lshaw decided to write some reviews... I would passively smile knowing I wasn't involved.
      02-24-2020, 09:02 AM   #150
Spyro235
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Looks like they trying to start up new, they created a new website on 1/15/2020 and hiding behind godaddy so no one knows who they are.

Domain Name: ZNMPERFORMANCEPARTS.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2480467014_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2020-01-15T15:12:13Z
Creation Date: 2020-01-15T15:12:10Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2021-01-15T15:12:10Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@godaddy.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: 480-624-2505
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited https://icann.org/eppclientDeleteProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited https://icann.org/eppclientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/eppclientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited https://icann.org/eppclientUpdateProhibited
Name Server: NS51.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS52.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/
Last update of whois database: 2020-02-21T15:42:52Z
The aren't trying to hide that much, their social media accounts are all linked on that site.
      02-24-2020, 09:04 AM   #151
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Not in their defense at all, but I would hide behind godaddy too; spam central if you don't!

Last edited by Tambohamilton; 02-24-2020 at 12:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 12:17 PM   #152
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...2&goto=newpost

For anyone defending znm or believe this is just a personal crusade of mine and others.

Another platform, same shit.
Appreciate 1
Spyro235258.50
      02-24-2020, 12:22 PM   #153
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I wouldn't ever encourage anyone to write a bad review... but if a few people from this thread other than me and Lshaw decided to write some reviews... I would passively smile knowing I wasn't involved.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 12:59 PM   #154
Spyro235
Captain
Rep

So today I reposted my review on facebook. immediately got texts from matt offering a refund and I can come pick it up, it's here and ready for me. I responded that he is nowhere close to me, and that I don't feel comfortable seeing him in person, and that it's a perfectly normal business transaction to just mail me the check. I'm sure I'll never get it. He also started up bothering my buddy (again, who's experience I had mentioned in the review, who had his own awful experiences with matt) so I decided to take those statements out of my review. In the message today to my buddy "and to be frank, I'll escelate this on my end legally." I'm not sure if he was referring to my complaints, or to my buddy's but it's pathetic either way. If it's my buddy, it's especially pathetic, as he's basically had no contact with matt and is just trying to be in absolutely no contact with him, to be over and done with it.

Are there public court cases against him currently? Would love to go sit in for them just to smile and watch.

He also turned off the reviews on his facebook page right away. I went to go change my facebook review to not include my buddy, and found no sign of any reviews anymore. Typical.

When he texted me about it, in his typical "I'm pretending to be a lawyer and tryign to catch you in a mistake" speak, he texted me "also, can you confirm for me "friend" made that statement? He never paid for a transmission. He paid for a transfercase"
I responded "I won't be doing anything for you, besides checking my mailbox. Have a good one! I'm at work, and wont be able to respond to you anymore today."

Then he said "you can let me know when you can talk on the phone for 5 mins today. It'll be professional and courteous. If not feel free to hang up."

I responded " Feel free to text whatever you need to me. I've removed the part about my friend from the google review, and will not have time today to speak to you. I'm a very busy person, and already wasted enough time over the past few months trying to reconcile this, even before I posted any reviews. I'll read any texts when I get a chance.

And I'm done for the day. it was a glorious month with no contact from Matt, and on january 17th when the last interaction was had, he stated "And even though I don't have time I'll still bring this matter to court"

At this point, I think any time he tries to contact me I'll either not respond, or text him a picture of the largest gaping pornstar's butthole I can find at that moment. Maybe I'll add "you open your mouth and this is what I see"

In reality I won't respond, but the pictures WOULD make me giggle.