E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > SCAMMING/FRAUDULENT ZNM Performance/Auto (Matt Malave ELyse Cruz) Pompton Lakes, NJ

11-01-2019, 04:58 PM   #111
k1doner
SpooLN N BooLN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Update

I tried for about 2-3 weeks and i cant fuck my name up with this i am stepping back as per Elyse she will take care of all the issues i wish everyone the best of luck the 3 clients i did get to help in my short stay are very happy. I devoted my time to help the community for no pay at all and my time nd efforts were not recognized and i will in the future open my own shop with no ties to anyone.
Lshaw250.50
      11-04-2019, 08:46 AM   #112
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1doner View Post
I tried for about 2-3 weeks and i cant fuck my name up with this i am stepping back as per Elyse she will take care of all the issues i wish everyone the best of luck the 3 clients i did get to help in my short stay are very happy. I devoted my time to help the community for no pay at all and my time nd efforts were not recognized and i will in the future open my own shop with no ties to anyone.
Thanks for the update. Better not smear your reputation with this shops dealings, especially if you're planning on opening up your own.

Good luck.
Appreciate 2
k1doner17.50
      11-04-2019, 01:25 PM   #113
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i 6mt

Quote:
Well why do you think im here? And ive been doing that on who ever contacted me so far.
Are you taking over ZNM? Is Matt and Elyse Still involved with ZNM at all?

Once a theif/scammer always a fucking theif and scammer. The amount of lies and deceit that has come from those two are beyond words.

I would not recommend anybody to have their car at ZNM unless they are completely out of the picture, and also not within 1000 mile radius of the shop as well.

I hope you read through this thread and Spool Street to see the amount of people he has scammed, stolen parts from, taken money from ETC. Also check out Yelp, google reviews, and other forums as well.

How about you contact each and every one of them and offer your services instead of them reaching out to you. BC who in their right mind would ever associate themselves with ZNM ever again after what they have been through.

I havent conatcted you because, 1. This is shady AF still, who would want to take their car to ZNM, even if under new management, the techs he had working were fucking idiots from what i have heard. They listened to matt, they knew what was going on, they saw cars sit for years, they took parts from other cars and used those parts. I can confirm this personally, because Matt has confirmed that he took my stock turbos and put in an unkown turbo on my car.

2. It has been over a year for my and i already have my car fixed, so the only way you can help me is to pay me the $3000 in repair fees that i had once i got my cat towed. Proably the same for others as well.

My case, i was lucky to get back my money. However i am out $2k+ in repairs for the damage done while my car was sitting in the back fucking lot rotting away like a piece of junk. Oil leaks, broken panels, missing panels, fucked up paint which feels like sand paper, plenty of new dents, i FOUND FUCKING DEAD MICE under my rear seat because it was sitting for so long, also a couple ants nest, flat tire, fucked up alternator, battery that was melted, bent wheel....Etc.
15 X5 xdrive 35i (2015-)
17 Forester XT (2016-)
Appreciate 1
k1doner17.50
      11-04-2019, 01:32 PM   #114
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wrote my previous post without seeing this post, so take it as it is and hope you understand the severity of this issue with ZNM. Nothing personal to you, but im just portraying the facts.

You need to separate yourself with ZNM, Matt and Elyse 100%. They are lying pieces of shit, both of them. Its proven, i have proof of all the lies, proof of all the work they have not done even after taking thousands of dollars, all the proof of calling them out an them trying to cover it up.

They are not car enthusiast, they are straight up criminals who are taking advantage of people.

They are fucking lucky they haven't killed anybody yet. Hypothetically, Matt and Elsye said they installed this part, and it fails only to find out they didn't install the part at all, or installed a faulty used part.
15 X5 xdrive 35i (2015-)
17 Forester XT (2016-)
Appreciate 2
k1doner17.50
SpunkyXL139.50
      11-05-2019, 07:04 PM   #115
Diox
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i xDrive 2011 6MT

Edit:

Last edited by Diox; 11-05-2019 at 08:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 05:37 PM   #116
ZOHVI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z06/335i E92

ZNM took me for a ride as well about this time last year. I took my car there for a doc race ST purchase/install. I ended up saying screw it, let's do a fully built n54 with forged rods/pistons, closed deck, upgraded crank hub, replace everything on it. Clutch, fuel system, exhaust and the list goes on. $12k + out of my pocket not including labor such. The car sat at the shop for over 6 months without a single thing done to it. Matt kept saying the engine was at the machine shop, it'll be ready next week, free labor for the delay, I'm gonna pay for your rental, I'll throw this or that in, and the list goes on. By the time I went to pick my car up from the shop, the paint was in terrible shape, parts were missing off of it, and he would not give me a single dollar of what I had given him for the job. He never delivered any parts that he said he would, never refunded a single penny, didn't pay for rental cars or Uber's as he said he would due to such a long wait. Instead, I was left with a car that went it driving and looking great and came out with parts missing and terrible paint damage. Luckily my credit card company refunded me my money for the parts I paid for and I was able to have a real shop get my car to where I wanted it to be. I still had to eat over 6months worth of rentals/ubers and still need to have the paint corrected on it.

If you're trying to fix all the crap that Matt (ZNM) has done, are you willing to refund me for my ubers and rentals out of ZNM's account? Are you willing to pay for my paint correction and missing parts?

If so, feel free to PM me. I have all the texts and emails to prove it. Otherwise there's no use in trying to salvage a shop that has already screwed so many people and left them in the negative with nothing to show for it aside from damaged paint and missing parts.
Appreciate 1
k1doner17.50
      11-09-2019, 06:47 PM   #117
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Sorry to hear that man, i hope you got your car is back up and running now.

Have you contacted NJ Consumer Affairs? They are very aware of ZNM, and can try and help you recover some funds you have lost.

PM me if you need any help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOHVI View Post
ZNM took me for a ride as well about this time last year. I took my car there for a doc race ST purchase/install. I ended up saying screw it, let's do a fully built n54 with forged rods/pistons, closed deck, upgraded crank hub, replace everything on it. Clutch, fuel system, exhaust and the list goes on. $12k + out of my pocket not including labor such. The car sat at the shop for over 6 months without a single thing done to it. Matt kept saying the engine was at the machine shop, it'll be ready next week, free labor for the delay, I'm gonna pay for your rental, I'll throw this or that in, and the list goes on. By the time I went to pick my car up from the shop, the paint was in terrible shape, parts were missing off of it, and he would not give me a single dollar of what I had given him for the job. He never delivered any parts that he said he would, never refunded a single penny, didn't pay for rental cars or Uber's as he said he would due to such a long wait. Instead, I was left with a car that went it driving and looking great and came out with parts missing and terrible paint damage. Luckily my credit card company refunded me my money for the parts I paid for and I was able to have a real shop get my car to where I wanted it to be. I still had to eat over 6months worth of rentals/ubers and still need to have the paint corrected on it.

If you're trying to fix all the crap that Matt (ZNM) has done, are you willing to refund me for my ubers and rentals out of ZNM's account? Are you willing to pay for my paint correction and missing parts?

If so, feel free to PM me. I have all the texts and emails to prove it. Otherwise there's no use in trying to salvage a shop that has already screwed so many people and left them in the negative with nothing to show for it aside from damaged paint and missing parts.
15 X5 xdrive 35i (2015-)
17 Forester XT (2016-)
Appreciate 1
k1doner17.50
      11-12-2019, 07:54 PM   #118
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Damn just reading this gets my blood boiling. These guys sound like true assclown dbags. You guys should bring your stories to the local news reporters and have them exploit these criminals.
Appreciate 2
k1doner17.50
chris82827.00
      11-28-2019, 08:33 PM   #119
SlimE92
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 N54

Quote:
Znm is out of business bitch ass matt and elyse scammed more people , and ran out the shop well got kicked out for not paying rent i have both there home addresses and direct #s matt is telling me he will have my $ tomorrow which i know is more bs , he sold a customers car off the lot , he looking at some serious jail time! And im not backing down either feel free to contact me if he owes you $ aswell this scumbag that he is i almost bought a dyno for that pos shop scamming bitch him and his ugly girl
Sold a customers car!? That's wild if true
Appreciate 2
k1doner17.50
ItsGary1456.50
      12-05-2019, 11:59 AM   #120
DS3IAM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335 XI

WOW that is some crazy shit!
2009 335i xDrive 6MT // Black Sapphire / Cold Weather / M Sport / PDC / Premium Package / Aerodynamic Kit / Anthracite headliner / Keyless Entry / AR Design Catless Downpipe / Style 313 19" Wheels/ OEM Euro Taillights / LUX H8 160
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 05:34 AM   #121
NightStalker
Rep
Drives: Audi

again what a time to be alive
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34448.50
      01-05-2020, 04:58 PM   #122
manolooo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X4 M40i

Garage List
I knew I wasn't the only one. Something about Matt didn't sit right with me but I gave him the benefit of the doubt anyway. I got taken for a ride as well. DAMN!!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 05:42 PM   #123
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolooo View Post
I knew I wasn't the only one. Something about Matt didn't sit right with me but I gave him the benefit of the doubt anyway. I got taken for a ride as well. DAMN!!
How bad was your experience?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 08:25 AM   #124
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
How bad was your experience?
Better Question, when did it happen? since this thread has been going on for 2 yrs.

From the sounds of it Matt has buddies he takes care of, obviously by stealing money and parts from other people's cars. Even with all this information out in the open people are still being taken.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 09:51 AM   #125
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Better Question, when did it happen? since this thread has been going on for 2 yrs.

From the sounds of it Matt has buddies he takes care of, obviously by stealing money and parts from other people's cars. Even with all this information out in the open people are still being taken.
Don’t understand how this dirt bag scum POS is not in jail...
      01-06-2020, 10:28 AM   #126
Spyro235
Captain
Rep
Drives: '10 X5D, '04 330i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
Don’t understand how this dirt bag scum POS is not in jail...
Garage is shut down. Somehow the parts business is still going. Owes me like $850, and has since September. Heard all the excuses in the book. lets see if teh check actually gets sent- without a picture of a receipt that says my address on it, I wont believe it until I have it in hand. Waiting for this to play out, and if it continues I'll start sharing my 3 years of experiences!
      01-08-2020, 07:51 AM   #127
Diox
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i xDrive 2011 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro235 View Post
Garage is shut down. Somehow the parts business is still going. Owes me like $850, and has since September. Heard all the excuses in the book. lets see if teh check actually gets sent- without a picture of a receipt that says my address on it, I wont believe it until I have it in hand. Waiting for this to play out, and if it continues I'll start sharing my 3 years of experiences!

Might as well start man lol
Appreciate 3
Spyro235258.50
Lshaw250.50
      01-09-2020, 02:12 PM   #128
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Matt scammed me out of a set of precision raceworks coils for my n54. He had my car literally for 4 months. I took the car mostly finished without the coils installed (which I paid for). Three different times they came in "damaged". He did attempt to make things a little more right between us my doing an exhaust mod for me. Since the difference was only a few hundred dollars I just moved on.
      01-09-2020, 04:30 PM   #129
STONEDM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 m3

Better business bureau pick up the phone I've got a story to tell!😤
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 07:16 AM   #130
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Their site is still active.

I read this is the "About ZNM" section on their site:

"Our goal from day one has been to extend a level of customer service and satisfaction unmatched in the industry." Elyse Cruz, Co-founder & CEO

Funny stuff.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 08:42 AM   #131
Spyro235
Captain
Rep
Drives: '10 X5D, '04 330i ZHP

Ok, I'll start! with a copy of my google review. I popped it on their open parts biz on yelp, too. I'm thinking about posting screenshots of all these texts, because they're basically comedic at this point.

If this is too long, just google ZNM spool. My experience seems to line up with many of those folks.

Update 2: After me snarkily asking if matt was planning on paying me 15.99% interest for the time that he's had this free loan, he responded "I actually agreed to the interest""you perceived it as me trying to pay you off" I said "I have that one on recording, just like you do. That's just not true, and nobody that ever listens to that recordin would ever think you offered me interest." He never brought THAT point up again! It's now 1/15/20. Matt, after neglecting to follow through with everything, told me on Friday, 1/10/20 that the check was mailed on monday 1/6/20. I asked for proof twice, and of course received none. Said on Wed Jan 8 "Soon as I have a chance I'll email" This doesn't even count on thursday 1/2/2020 when he said he'll be mailing it today. Continues to push this on. On Monday, 1/12/2020 He said "call me tomorrow between 12-3. What am I, his secretary? I texted back Just send the check, there's not much else to talk about. 'mailed monday'" to remind him of another of his lies.

UPDATE: this is the second time I’ve posted this. matt and Elyse gave me a call as soon as this review was posted. Told me if I took it down they’d actually give my money back. Basically threatened me, tried to catch me in a bunch of legal nonsense, and acted like children on the phone bullying someone. Wouldn’t put it on speaker, but instead would just repeat what I said to her in the background, and then they’d laugh together and say “oh he’s pulling *insert what I said* no, hahhahaahahahha.” RIght after we hung up from that immensely unprofessional, immature, phone call, in which matt specifically said he wouldn’t hold up his end of the bargain or any of his word and agreements he’s made me in the past months, he texted me saying “ And if we can “shake hands” I’ll do whatever else I said I would do after the first one is done if it stays between us.” It’s like he doesn’t want Elyse to know that he’s still leading me on, “handling” the situation.

Matt specifically said by Christmas, but I’ve gotten even more excuses. He’s said “oh I’ll give you my PayPal log in so you can see for yourself that I can’t pay you” and promised things over and over again. THEN, yesterday while failing to still pay me, he said, “what, I owe you 8 hundred and change? Let me make it an even thousand, and this just stays between us.” NO REAL BUSINESS WOULD NEED TO TRY TO BRIBE UNHAPPY, LONGTIME CUSTOMERS. STAY AWAY!

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I've been a customer for 3 years. Recently, I've realized that Matt Malave runs a super scammy business. I'm not sure if he's just super forgetful, or blatantly trying to steal everyone's money. When you order parts, they take AGES to get in. It's always "oh, confirmed on the next truck." And then somehow no one put it on the truck that confirmed time! I've stopped by for weeks on end for different parts, and every single day it's "oh on the later truck, come tomorrow," or "I called, it's definitely coming tomorrow."
Most recently,. I returned over $900 in parts that were covered under the lifetime warranty. I haven't seen that money, and it's been over 3 months since I returned the parts. I've been in contact with him nearly daily, and there's always an excuse, some account that is being closed out or stalled, and money transferring. Sent me (obviously fake) pictures of some computer system that says refund "seq 1" which definitely doesn't mean they were refunded, because they never came. Then there was an issue with that billing company, so just waiting for that account to close and for his account to get that money, then we can meet up and he'll give me cash.He bailed on that 2 times when HE came up with the time and the place. Then, he said he'd send me paypal THAT day. I have pictures of the texts. No payment that day, and he was getting mad at me the next day for asking questions. As if questions aren't warranted when he's been sitting on a grand of my money for 3 months. Now, he's told me to deal with Elyse. I brought up this situation to elyse once before, and he called me scathing that I had dared bring someone else into the situation, and we needed to keep it between us. He was SO mad that I had dared bring in anyone else.

Do your research about this shop before buying any parts. If you want lifetime warranty parts, just shop at FCP Euro. They offer a lifetime warranty, and actually hold up to it. Now I'm about to start the process of trying to figure out getting my money back with Elyse. Will update if I actually get it back, but if there's no update, assume that I've been scammed too.

Side note: my good freind had a trans replaced there, and while there's definitely a working transmission in it now, his transfercase broke. Matt had said the TC was bad, and he had to replace it. beck when my buddy got the new transmission. He stole undercovers off my friend's car, and definitely never changed the transfercase. He was just charged, and scammed on a service that absolutely was not provided.
      01-15-2020, 10:10 AM   #132
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Same old story, same old scamming pieces of shit Matt Mallave and Elyse Cruz. ALWAYS an excuse, lol, i dealt with their bullshit for a good year and half, accepting their lies in order to get the best results. But unfortunately i had to go through consumer affairs to get anything done. So to anybody in this situation, DO NOT EXPECT ANY REFUND OR SERVICE FROM ZNM, they will lie to you until the very end. Trust me.., not worth the headache. Literally everyone is getting the same run around and it is indeed comedic at this point. Spyro235

Matt used to send me fabricated screen shots as well, from Chase Merchant account. He would tell me he refunded me and its taking 10 days to process, showing me screen shots from Chase that he refunded me. The pictures deemed to be FAKE, so he fabricated Chase Merchant Refund page, with a fake claim number. I called chase to confirm, and they didnt have any record of it.

When that didnt work, he tried paypal. Usually when you pay someone money is paid from your linked bank account. BUT he couldn't pay me that way for some reason, GET THIS, he said he needed to transfer money from his bank to his PAYPAL BALANCE in order to pay me, and it would take up to x amount of days for it to clear.

In the end, it was all fake, all fabricated screen shots, all bullshit. See Attached

He then said his "Insurance" was going to send me a check, for more money than i am owed to pay for damaged and what not. Listen....when it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Nevertheless, i didnt get a check. See Attached

Ive been trying my best to let everyone know what fucking scum bag him and partner/fiance/gf who cares. (Side Note: From a post here, sounds like he proposed to her, probably bought the ring with all the money he has taken from us). Elyse Cruz is NO innocent bystander either, she is fully complicit. When i was going through my situation with ZNM. I emailed Elyse, i messaged her on Linked in, Instagram. I GOT NO ANSWER until i dropped her name online. THEN she finally answered me, saying sorry she didnt know what was happening, didnt know matt was doing this to people, ill make it right come back to the shop and let me mechanic fix your car. But please take my name out of your post/review because ZNM Parts is a different entity from ZNM Performance....BULLSHIT you were on ZNM's website as co founder and Vice President before you guys changed your website. You and Matt are pictured together as partners....stop acting like youre innocent, you fucking share the same office. OH you didnt notice the cars that have been sitting in your lot for a year? Fuck out of here. Just trying to cover her ass. But she is 100% fully complicit in this scam. SEE Attached, Looks to me her linked in and instgram say shes ZNM Performance...

Going back to ZNM was never an option, its laughable she said she will fix my car. I wouldnt let anybody associated with ZNM touch my car, it might end up with missing parts again or fucking used unknown turbos, like what happened to me. My car still to this day isnt the same, sadly. So yes everytime i read this thread, my blood boils...

Enjoy
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Scanned Documents.pdf (2.92 MB, 62 views)
15 X5 xdrive 35i (2015-)
17 Forester XT (2016-)
Appreciate 0