E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Walnut shell blasting for intake valves!!

11-13-2012, 01:06 AM   #1
doubla_d
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Walnut shell blasting for intake valves!!

Hey Guys

I just got back from a long weekend trip in the States. My wife and I were going down for the weekend so I decided to get the walnut shell blasting done to my valves. I have to say it makes a big difference. I was having some issues with idling in the morning and afternoon start-up (when left for a while). Also it feels like my car is even quicker now!! (might be in my mind after driving around a 328i all day). Brain Jessel recommended this but charged an arm and a leg. Reading through some of the Washington posts people mentioned that there was a special price for this exact cleaning @ BMW Belleville Washington. Easy to get to with navi

The cost is $369 + tax and that comes with a complementary curtsy car just like down here. I dropped it off in the morning around 8:30 am and took off shopping for the whole day!! Seattle premium outlets, Northgate Mall, and some shops around the Seattle area. I really recommend going down there because is will save you $1000!!!!

Here is the post that I received the initial information from!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=walnut

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 04:56 AM   #2
JunkStory
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 8V RS3

Dude, you are a life saver!

I just went to AutoWest BMW today to get a quote, and they say it would be about 4 hours of labor, total cost reaching close to $800 since they have to replace the gasket and whatnot.

Do you know if the $369 is a promotional price that will end soon? How long did it take
to get the entire service done?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 05:30 AM   #3
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

appointment is necessary?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubla_d View Post
Hey Guys

I just got back from a long weekend trip in the States. My wife and I were going down for the weekend so I decided to get the walnut shell blasting done to my valves. I have to say it makes a big difference. I was having some issues with idling in the morning and afternoon start-up (when left for a while). Also it feels like my car is even quicker now!! (might be in my mind after driving around a 328i all day). Brain Jessel recommended this but charged an arm and a leg. Reading through some of the Washington posts people mentioned that there was a special price for this exact cleaning @ BMW Belleville Washington. Easy to get to with navi

The cost is $369 + tax and that comes with a complementary curtsy car just like down here. I dropped it off in the morning around 8:30 am and took off shopping for the whole day!! Seattle premium outlets, Northgate Mall, and some shops around the Seattle area. I really recommend going down there because is will save you $1000!!!!

Here is the post that I received the initial information from!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=walnut

How many kms on your car?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 05:15 AM   #5
QBall28
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335I

I had this done last Thursday at Bellevue BMW, took 3.5 hours...
My car is running smoother with better throttle response. I am at 137 000 Km

BMW Bellevue has bad reviews on Yelp and google, but I received top-notch service. The price as stated is $369.00 + tax. it seems to be the regular price.

If anyone is looking for Hankook Tires while in Seattle I know a guy, who loves Canadians.

Q
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #6
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Too bad Ontario dealerships don't offer this special. They rape us down here...
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 02:25 AM   #7
doubla_d
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkStory View Post
Dude, you are a life saver!

I just went to AutoWest BMW today to get a quote, and they say it would be about 4 hours of labor, total cost reaching close to $800 since they have to replace the gasket and whatnot.

Do you know if the $369 is a promotional price that will end soon? How long did it take
to get the entire service done?
$800 is still not bad .. Brian Jessal was upwards of $1000! The $369 is not promotional it's regular price but due make sure to book in advance because they don't have very many curtesy cars like Jessal. Make sure to ask for navi because we got lost trying to get back without my navi

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 02:28 AM   #8
doubla_d
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
How many kms on your car?
I have 50k ish but I do a lot of city driving so it was all clogged up in there! Makes a huge difference on start up (smooth - like new) and possible gained back some hp aswell
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 02:29 AM   #9
doubla_d
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90sexion View Post
appointment is necessary?
Yes appointment is a must at any BMW! Expessially if you want a loaner car!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #10
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubla_d View Post
I have 50k ish but I do a lot of city driving so it was all clogged up in there! Makes a huge difference on start up (smooth - like new) and possible gained back some hp aswell
Thats whacked. 50,000 kms and its a mess? Thats warranty work isnt it?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #11
doubla_d
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
Thats whacked. 50,000 kms and its a mess? Thats warranty work isnt it?
BMW does not cover valve cleaning under warrenty. My car was completly drivable with no warrnings. The dealer recommended it but it is considered maintenance and other then the annual service (which is covered) no other maintenance is covered! They say it was something to do with how dirty our gas is compared to European gas as well as the type of driving we do and like I said I do all city driving... Stop and go a lot!
Appreciate 0