E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > FS: Classic Mercedes 1972 250c W114- two tone, new carbs, custom interior, lowered

03-06-2014, 10:57 PM   #1
Alex@Helix
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

FS: Classic Mercedes 1972 250c W114- two tone, new carbs, custom interior, lowered

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 12.00

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Hey everyone.. For sale is my 1972 Mercedes w114 250C. This is a California car that I drove from Sacramento to Miami about 5 months ago. This is one of the best specimens of this car that I've seen in a very long time. Since that time I've put a lot of money into the car to get it running right and look/ feel the way I want. This i a beautiful car and every time I take it out I get people giving me thumbs up and wanting me to pull over so they can take a look. Even Mercedes Benz recently used a photo of this car on its social media pages. Heres some info on the car:

Specs:

Motor - in great condition. Recently had the carburetors replaced with more modern, more fuel efficient Webbers and the shop that installed them said the motor must have been rebuilt recently. Under the valve cover the springs and valves are in perfect condition. The electrical system has been completely replaced (wires, sparks, points, cap, rotor). $350

Carburetors - The car came with two Zenith carburetors. These have recently been taken off the car because they were so difficult to keep running correctly and efficiently. They have been replaced by dual webber carburetors that increase performance, fuel efficiency and easy of maintenance. The cost to replace these carburetors was $1500. If you are interested in the original Zenith carburetors they are available for purchase with the car.

Transmission- The car has a 4 speed automatic transmission. Works just fine. Shifts are just like any other late 60's, early 70's car which means they are not as smooth as modern cars. Nothing you can really do about that.

Suspension- The car has been lowered to give it the low beautiful stance. Suspension still has play so the ride is still very comfortable.

Wheels- Wheels are the original caps with upgraded clips to keep them from flying off. All 4 caps are in perfect condition and have the centers painted back to match the two tone. The Tires are white wall tires to finish off the look.

Exhaust- Exhaust has been replaced since the original had been in bad condition. It has also been tucked up into the car more so that it does not interfere with clearance.

Interior- There was a lot of work put into the interior of this car. The rear door panels were in bad shape so they have been re-upholstered. The previous carpet had lots of wear and tear so it was taken out and a new one is needed. Cost is about $350. The front and rear seats are in immaculate condition. The driver side has a small area where the stitching has come un done. You wouldn't notice it unless I pointed it out but I want to note everything I can think of with the car. It it not viewable so it shouldn't be an issue with the next owner. All door panels (front and rear) are in great condition with no ripping or fading. Headliner is in great shape with no issues.

AC- I have only had the car during the relatively cool months here in FL. The compressor is there and running.. I was told that the fan was not receiving power. I also bought a modern Handen compressor kit for this car which will be included with the sale. It draws less power and is smaller. All the parts, hoses and lines are still in the car, theres a vacuum that opens up when you turn it on, its just the blower that needs fixing. It could be as simple as the switch or it could need replacing. Either way I was told worst case scenario was 400$

Body- Body is very straight, paint is in great condition. There is one spot in the trunk that has been rusted through. Its about the size of a dollar bill. Other than that there is no rust! The car is in great condition! As you can see in the pictures there is a half dollar coin sized dent in the rear trunk from the previous owner. There is also a split in the rear rubber on the bumper. I have that brand new rubber piece which will be included as well.

Sound System- The car originally had one speaker up front that was controlled by the Becker radio. Because the Becker radio is so sought after and classic to the car, I left that in and hid the new head unit in the glove compartment. The front speaker was replaced by two Focal component speakers with a custom bracket to hit them. In the rear, I placed two Focal 6.5' speakers. Please note Focals are a very high quality product and are very expensive. The sound is amazing and the installation is very professional. In the trunk there is a 10" Pioneer sub box that is very low profile, black and hardly noticeable. I don't like big silly Sub boxes and this is not that at all. The whole system is powered by a 1200 watt Kenwood Amp. Lastly, a custom front dash was made to finish off the system. Radio has blutooth connectivity to give wireless music and also has a usb to connect up your iphone/ipod, any mp3 player. Total cost was about $2000

Sunroof- This is about the only thing in the car that doesn't work. The motor and clutch on the sunroof work just fine. The only thing that needs to be done to fix the sunroof is to have the cable between the sunroof and the motor connected. This involves having someone who knows these cars really well play with it for a bit. It never bothered me so I didn't mess around. It is fully weatherproof.

CLEAN FL TITLE IN MY NAME

All and all this car is an absolute beauty. Not many of them around and I believe this is one of the few that are two tone and styled this way. The wood on the dashboard is still perfect (no cracks).

Price - $12,500 obo - EMAIL: Al3xMac@me.com CALL/TEXT: 631 949 1301

Here are some videos of the car. Below them are photos.. Please ask me any questions you may have..

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 08:02 PM   #2
Alex@Helix
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

bump
Appreciate 0