E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > new tyres..will i need new tpms valves?

07-18-2018, 04:13 PM   #23
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrebel View Post
That sounds high. Maybe that's why the tyres wear in the middle.

You should reset the system as it works on the rolling radius of the tyre which will have changed.
thats factory spec according to manual
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 04:31 PM   #24
therealdb1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Graphite E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrebel View Post
That sounds high. Maybe that's why the tyres wear in the middle.

You should reset the system as it works on the rolling radius of the tyre which will have changed.
Yes the pressures are high because the sidewalls are so low. My 30 profile tyres look flat all the time even with 38 psi in them. If the pressure were lower we would have even more welded up cracked alloys on eBay

Roadrebel is right though, Rasa, you should reset the TPMS system every time you inflate the tyres so that it knows what "normal pressure" is and it looks for changes in the ABS signal. The later systems with pressure transducers inside the tyre are more clever and give an actual pressure for each wheel.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 01:29 AM   #25
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdb1 View Post
Yes the pressures are high because the sidewalls are so low. My 30 profile tyres look flat all the time even with 38 psi in them. If the pressure were lower we would have even more welded up cracked alloys on eBay

Roadrebel is right though, Rasa, you should reset the TPMS system every time you inflate the tyres so that it knows what "normal pressure" is and it looks for changes in the ABS signal. The later systems with pressure transducers inside the tyre are more clever and give an actual pressure for each wheel.
yeh will have a look at weekend when next in the car..actually tomorrow as mot time..
Appreciate 0