E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Who's ordered from Irv Robinson (e90post sponsor)

11-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #199
Hasek9339
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i Montego Blue

Irv is great.... Did an ED and PCD in 09 can't wait to do another!!!

I then meet him in September 2010 was an amazing guy! He gave us a grand tour of his dealership!

Irv is in Chicago I am in Buffalo NY I would not hesitate to buy another car from IRV!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 01:16 PM   #200
tDillan
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda Accord

Has anyone ever done an out of state lease with Irv? I want to lease an F30 M-Sport when they are released with ED, but I live in VA. I'd much rather go with Irv because of his reputation on these boards than find a dealer here that may or may not be familiar with the ED process. I recall reading somewhere that since the lease is through BMW Financial and not the dealership, it doesn't matter which dealership you turn the lease in at. Any truth to this?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #201
Sinister Crayon
floccinaucinihilipilifica tion
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tDillan View Post
Has anyone ever done an out of state lease with Irv? I want to lease an F30 M-Sport when they are released with ED, but I live in VA. I'd much rather go with Irv because of his reputation on these boards than find a dealer here that may or may not be familiar with the ED process. I recall reading somewhere that since the lease is through BMW Financial and not the dealership, it doesn't matter which dealership you turn the lease in at. Any truth to this?
All absolutely true. I just leased a 135i Coupe through Irv, though I live in Missouri. They'll even take care of dealing with the sales tax depending on your own state rules. The process was even more painless than doing it through my local dealer (which is a long story in itself)

I started the process of getting my new 135i via Euro Delivery and Performance Center Delivery on July 12th, 2011. On that day I fired him an email and by the next day he had returned an email even though he was out of the office all that week. Pretty quickly we nailed down the details of what I wanted to order, and he proposed a price we could both be happy with. Everybody wins

In less than 40 emails including some order changes, we had the Euro Delivery booked and in the can. Now, it didn't quite work out that way because BMW had a problem delivering my car on the date (they totaled it a week before I collected it)... so they loaned me a 535i for my trip to Germany. Irv made sure that everything went awesome and even went so far as to request that the original plates that were tagged for my car were put in the trunk of the loan car so I'd still have that to take home.

I detailed some of my experience here, and one of these days I might get back to finishing that damned thread! Still, it was the trip of a lifetime and I had a blast.

After getting home and getting my newly built car (replacement) Stateside, I availed myself of the Performance Center Delivery which I took on November 30th, 2011. This thread I completed... you can read all about it here. This was the driving experience of a lifetime, and gave me some great memories and fun times.

I am still enjoying my 1'er coupe, and will definitely give Irv a call next time I (or any of my friends for that matter) start thinking about another BMW.

+1 for Irv... worth talking to
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #202
755MSL
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

I was looking to purchase an F30 in Illinois. Didn't really matter where I bought it from since I lived in the middle of the state at the time of purchase. After looking at board sponsors and noticing Irv being on there, I gave him a call. On the first call itself, with him having no information on how serious I was on purchasing the car, we talked for quite a while and shared some laughs. He came off as a very genuine individual, something that was confirmed with more calls and my face to face meeting. I told him that I pretty much wanted to purchase the vehicle over the phone/email and pick it up when it gets to Illinois. We worked it out and he gave me of the better deals straight off the bat without me asking. Two months later, it was delivery day and I showed up at the dealership for the first time. Irv greeted me, gave me a tour and had me meet the owners. Overall a straightforward experience. No bullshit and no shady business. Keep in mind, I purchased the vehicle and if you are planning for an ED, Irv is the best in the business, he's done it so many times now.

It's been a month and half since purchasing from Irv and he's one of those CA's that doesn't forget you after you pull the trigger on the purchase/lease/finance. We have been in touch since delivery day and have the occasional talk over phone. I don't live in Illinois as of the moment but I will be rest assured going with Irv when the time comes to purchase my next vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 08:20 AM   #203
mjadala
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Irv is best in the business!

I bought my car from Irv through the European Delivery program.

Ordered in April 2012,
Picked up in Munich in August
Picked up at the dealer in Oct.

Irv is without a doubt one of the best CA's I have dealt with. The whole process was very transparent and hassle free. We configured the car and agreed on a price very quickly. He was very responsive to any questions I had. He was very knowledgeable about the whole ED process and car specs.

We was very friendly when we met him for the first time when picked up the car at the dealership. Got a tour of the facility, lunch and met the owner. Went over the configuration and answered our questions.

Overall, I would give Irv a 10/10 rating.
      07-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #204
tlak77
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Another great experience doing business with Irv at MotorWerks of Barrington, IL.
Ordered our second European Delivery BMW in Mid February for pickup in early May. The process was again easy and flawless.
When we arrived in April to finalize paperwork and trade in the car, Irv also assisted us with purchasing a Honda CRV. Again, no issues and a good price was offered on exactly what we wanted.
We are very happy with the service provided and will definitely return again for friendly care of Irv Robinson.
Highly recommended.

Ordered - Mid February 2013
Picked up in Munich - May 7th 2013
Dropped of in Amsterdam - May 23rd 2013
Redelivered - July 13th 2013
Flickr
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 07:07 PM   #205
M3to335
Whats that smell?
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers, duh

Well folks it's been years since I last posted I this thread. I'm happy to report that tomorrow will conclude our third delivery with Irv. First it was the 335, the 135 and now 435. As always, things went off without a hitch. Dont hesitate to pull the trigger on ED with Irv
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #206
oliviasappa
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i coupe

Is Irv still with the same dealership (Motor Werks Barrington)? I don't see him on their website so...?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2015, 09:07 AM   #207
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliviasappa View Post
Is Irv still with the same dealership (Motor Werks Barrington)? I don't see him on their website so...?
He's hanging out at anderson bmw in crystal like, about 10 minutes away from the old dealership.
Appreciate 0