E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > My indicator light(?) won't work. Please help :(

02-21-2013, 06:24 AM   #1
spicytuna
Simple...Yellow...Differe nt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328xi

Garage List
2012 BMW 328xi  [10.00]
Unhappy My indicator light(?) won't work. Please help :(

Greetings,

Recently my front passenger side indicator light (turn signal light?) went out. I thought this would be an easy fix. I went to my local BMW stealership and purchased a replacement bulb. Swapping the bulb was easy but when I checked the light it still wouldn't work. Flustered I went back and purchased a socket to use with the new bulb. With the new bulb and socket in place it still won't work! I'm stumped at this point.

If anyone has any experience with this please please help!

Thanks for the space!
      02-21-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
07lilredwagon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 328 wagon

trace the power back with a test light....turn the car on and put your indicator on with the steering wheel stalk...

use your test light to see if you are getting power to the fixture...it should blink in the test light at the same rate the blinker would. if thats not working.....you have to trace the wires back until you find the bad ground or split or exposed wire.

test lights are inexpensive at the auto parts store. only a few bucks.

JP

PS you can check for continuity in the bulb you bought, too...make sure power is going through it...also check for continuity in both fixtures.....It could be a bad ground at the fixture too...though I dont know if the fixture itself needs to be grounded other than where it bolts to the fender. you can get an inexpensive multimeter that tests continuity. ask the counter guy for help.....
Appreciate 0