E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Getting a 335i tomorrow

02-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #89
hjhjgjfchk
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkBait
Ironic that this thread should drum up so much criticism over a 335 owner's age when there's another thread showing just how young most of the board members on here are. Most of you are in your early twenties which means you are so high risk that you can't even rent a car! So maybe dial back the "you're gonna crash" commentary and realize you might crash too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface View Post
I really appreciate all the positive comments, but I don't understand why some people want me to crash so badly, my brothers first car was an r32 and he didn't crash once, and my dad is buying me this car because he knows I'm not a dumbass, it's called trust
Don't sweat it. I'm new around here too. I bet most of these guys would've creamed their pants if their parents allowed them to get a 335i at 16. I know I would've. That said, you are statistically in a very high risk group (I'd hate to see your insurance policy!) so take it easy and only push your car in controlled environments like at the track with an instructor. Enjoy and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSRe92 View Post
Jealous? JEALOUS? Ha its called a joke! But let me give you some insight you little prick, I'm 23yrs old I own 6 cars(not including my wifes) 2 motorcycles a boat and a house. When I turned 16 I had been working for 3 years and I learned to drive on a 1987 porsche 911 I bought and restored with my own resources. By 17 I had bought myself a an 05 vette. By 19 I was done paying it. By 20 I got my first e46 m3. Today by day I have a safe with 9 titles under my name (satisfaction you don't and probably won't get to have by 23) a house and a lot more respect for money then you'll ever have. And I've never to this point ever even mentioned it online..so when you go to sleep tonight remember that 26yr old 911 porsche I got when I got when I was 16 is STILL worth more then your car.

And when you wake up in the morning remember unlike you you can't count my OWNED AND PAID for vehicles with one hand..unlike you. And for the record your car won't be wrapped around a tree within a year because you're 16 driving a fast car, it'll be wrapped around a tree because you're a cocky little prick who thinks is awesome because he owns an entry level luxury vehicle daddy gave him and cant value what it don't cost him.

Enjoy the ULTIMATE driving experience.
Douchiest comment I've read on this board yet. Well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDV325 View Post
a bit of it is jealousy, but also a bit of it is stats.

I cannot could the number of times younger kids (frick that makes me feel old saying that) have tried to race me on public streets. Now we have all been there, done stupid shit but thankfully they are in beaters, civics, grand ams, cavaliers, sunfires etc.
If you pulled up along side me, I'd probably think the same of you. It's all relative.

NOTE: New here and still kind of lurking around but had to make a comment.
Thanks man, you're exactly right, even if you're in your early twenties the insurance company's look at you like you're a risk, but thanks for understanding I'm not trying to be a douche here
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #90
BMWcoupe335ii
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' 335i coupe

OP, congrats on getting a great first car. But PLEASE be careful, as the 335i is alot of car for someone your age. And try to avoid posting your age especially if you 16-24 years old. It's just going to steer your original question to a whole other subject. But, again be safe and congrats!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #91
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 f82

Quote:

Douchiest comment I've read on this board yet. Well done!

Oh so the comments hoping to see him wrapped around a pole werent huh? Logical
And thats the douchest comment on all your 15+ posts? Yay you're in for a surprise.

Douche gives, douche gets..you'll get used to it
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #92
hjhjgjfchk
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWcoupe335ii
OP, congrats on getting a great first car. But PLEASE be careful, as the 335i is alot of car for someone your age. And try to avoid posting your age especially if you 16-24 years old. It's just going to steer your original question to a whole other subject. But, again be safe and congrats!
Yeah I got a pretty good taste of what it does haha, I was just trying to share my first car experience, that's all, but I know it's a lot of car, and thank you I appreciate it
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #93
dootlah
Banned
Rep
Drives: e30post.com

Quote:
Okay but my parents aren't your parents, you act like my dad is a fucking idiot who is going to put himself in debt over his sons first car, he knows what he can afford and my brothers first car was as much as mine, why would he buy my brother a nice car but not me... He wouldn't, you have no idea what my family has or makes so i dont know why youre saying I should feel terrible

Like I said earlier,

If you don't know who or what OP means, you are the OP.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #94
hjhjgjfchk
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dootlah
Quote:
Okay but my parents aren't your parents, you act like my dad is a fucking idiot who is going to put himself in debt over his sons first car, he knows what he can afford and my brothers first car was as much as mine, why would he buy my brother a nice car but not me... He wouldn't, you have no idea what my family has or makes so i dont know why youre saying I should feel terrible

Like I said earlier,

If you don't know who or what OP means, you are the OP.
I know what it means, I just don't care what you have to say
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #95
dootlah
Banned
Rep

Quote:
So why did you take the time to type this out?
Quote:

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #96
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

I personally would never buy one of my 16 year old sons (I have 3, not 16 yet) a sports car with 300+ horsepower. Too many bad things happen with that combination. I see pick up trucks in my sons future. I wish you well but keep in mind there was a member on this forum a while back, a young feller like yourself, whose family members came on the forum to tell us that he and his friend had died after the friend had wrapped his bimmer around a telephone pole.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #97
hjhjgjfchk
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dootlah
Quote:
So why did you take the time to type this out?
Quote:

Just cause you don't care what someone says doesnt mean you don't have to answer them? Just go hate on some other kid who you're jealous of
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #98
Crewchief05
SBD
Rep
Drives: 335i e90

Garage List
08 335i  [0.00]
Congrats on ur ride man....Be safe. A 335 is definitely not the fastest ride out there but is does pack a good punch. FYI the more you argue the more cocky you sound. Just say your dads getting you the car without mentioning money, flying to get it etc. We all know how much it cost and prob dont care how you got it. But keep us posted on the mods.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #99
Parth317
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3, 09 E92 335i(SOLD)

Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #100
dootlah
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Just cause you don't care what someone says doesnt mean you don't have to answer them? Just go hate on some other kid who you're jealous of

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #101
hjhjgjfchk
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewchief05
Congrats on ur ride man....Be safe. A 335 is definitely not the fastest ride out there but is does pack a good punch. FYI the more you argue the more cocky you sound. Just say your dads getting you the car without mentioning money, flying to get it etc. We all know how much it cost and prob dont care how you got it. But keep us posted on the mods.
Yeah I will
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #102
Desert_Fox
Drop-Top Turbo
North Korea
Rep
Drives: 2013 991 C2S/ 2013 335is E93

Garage List
My first car when I was 16 was an E46 325i. I drove that through a fence in cow country trying to show off to buddies. If I had the 335i then, I would have taken that corner even faster and caused more trouble. Good luck!
      02-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #103
SkyWalker_J
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 Jet Black

Boy this thread went in the exact direction I thought it would go in once I noticed the age.

Enjoy the ride man I was going to say tune it but you already said that's not an option.

Everyone seems to think you'll wreck the car. Honestly speaking statistics aren't exactly on your side in that argument. The good news is all the people that told you this don't have any say in the matter,only you do... so wreck it or don't . It's on you. You have nothing to prove here.

I cant tell without pics but most likely some cosmetic changes are in order. black grills, black window trim. reflector delete.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #104
hjhjgjfchk
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Fox
My first car when I was 16 was an E46 325i. I drove that through a fence in cow country trying to show off to buddies. If I had the 335i then, I would have taken that corner even faster and caused more trouble. Good luck!
I'm not gonna let to many people in my car at once, i know its a huge distraction, but thanks man
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #105
Eugeinus
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' Audi A6

This thread is so unbelievably stupid - how about we all just measure dicks to see who the biggest man is. OP, enjoy your car. If your dad bought it for you, great. This is a forum for BMW enthusiasts, yet these threads pop up all the time and just turn into dick measuring contests. We should be discussing the actual cars instead.

Everyone just grow up.
      02-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #106
hjhjgjfchk
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker_J
Boy this thread went in the exact direction I thought it would go in once I noticed the age.

Enjoy the ride man I was going to say tune it but you already said that's not an option.

Everyone seems to think you'll wreck the car. Honestly speaking statistics aren't exactly on your side in that argument. The good news is all the people that told you this don't have any say in the matter,only you do... so wreck it or don't . It's on you. You have nothing to prove here.

I cant tell without pics but most likely some cosmetic changes are in order. black grills, black window trim. reflector delete.
It's was my first thread I had no idea that people were going to do this, I thought it was going to be full with teenagers but I guess not, but yeah some minor mods, like the grill you mentioned, and the window trim is already black because it has the m package so it has nice bumpers and rear diffuser and other minor stuff, and you're right it's on me whether I crash or not, not statistics
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #107
hjhjgjfchk
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc
I personally would never buy one of my 16 year old sons (I have 3, not 16 yet) a sports car with 300+ horsepower. Too many bad things happen with that combination. I see pick up trucks in my sons future. I wish you well but keep in mind there was a member on this forum a while back, a young feller like yourself, whose family members came on the forum to tell us that he and his friend had died after the friend had wrapped his bimmer around a telephone pole.
Damn that's sad, but like I said my dad just has a lot of trust in me that I won't drive like a douche because he knows I'm a very good driver.. For my age
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #108
dootlah
Banned
Rep

Quote:
It's was my first thread I had no idea that people were going to do this, I thought it was going to be full with teenagers but I guess not, but yeah some minor mods, like the grill you mentioned, and the window trim is already black because it has the m package so it has nice bumpers and rear diffuser and other minor stuff, and you're right it's on me whether I crash or not, not statistics
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #109
hjhjgjfchk
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugeinus
This thread is so unbelievably stupid - how about we all just measure dicks to see who the biggest man is. OP, enjoy your car. If your dad bought it for you, great. This is a forum for BMW enthusiasts, yet these threads pop up all the time and just turn into dick measuring contests. We should be discussing the actual cars instead.

Everyone just grow up.
That's exactly what I wanted from this thread, I wanted a bunch of people posting pics of there cars and mods or names of nice mods so I could see a bunch of different options on what I can do to my car, and thank you I will enjoy it everyday
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #110
Mardio
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5

Never mind anyone else, learn how to handle the car and then move up to a 911.
Appreciate 0