Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Second Set of Wheels/TPMS Programming Help

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

10-24-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
iFRANChISe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

Smile Second Set of Wheels/TPMS Programming Help

Hi. Search>Me , therefore I started this thread to address several concerns I have concerning TPMS sensors. Please direct me to a thread if this has already been covered or help me out if you possess this knowledge.

I have an 08 335i e90 with tpms in my stock 162s. I am currently running iforged swift wheels and am getting sick of the tpms light on my gauge cluster. I am considering disassembling/refinishing/reassembling the wheels and adding tpms in the process. I know I need 90degree tpms adapters and a set of sensors. I wanted to know if I could utilize any used set of tpms from another bmw or only specific ones.

What is the process to program/get my car to recognize a new set of tpms sensors. Can I just get another set of tpms installed and reset it from my car gauge cluster menu (non i-drive) or do they have to be coded? If not, who can do this: Hibdon's, Discount Tire Direct, a BMW dealer? Anyone running iforged wheels with 90 degree adapters and tpms with advice? Just trying to decide if it is reasonable to get a new set of tpms working in my iforged wheels as opposed to taking the ones from my oem wheels.

I appreciate any useful input.
Thanks in Advance!

BMS-JB4.AR-Design.CODE3.HKS.UR.VOLK.DO
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 08:10 AM   #2
Stucks
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 340i Xdrive

I too would like to know about this, as I am planning on a new set of wheels for this coming spring.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 11:07 PM   #3
iFRANChISe
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stucks View Post
I too would like to know about this, as I am planning on a new set of wheels for this coming spring.
Anybody? I know there is a wealth of knowledge on this site. Surely someone can chime in.

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 11:57 PM   #4
coolchu001
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335d

Here are the steps to reset/register new TMPS:

1. Start the engine but do not drive off.

2. Move turn BC selector (located on signal lever) up or down until the TPMS symbol appears in instrument cluster.

3. Confirm the display by briefly pressing the BC button on the steering column stalk.

4. Press the BC button to confirm selection of tire pressure monitoring.

5. Press and hold the BC button on the steering column stalk for approx. 5 seconds
until the RDW display lights up in the instrument cluster. The tire failure indicator is
now ready for initialization. If no tick is shown in the display, this indicates that the
tyre failure indicator cannot be initialized due to a fault.

6. Release the BC button to conclude initialization.

Once it's been reset, drive a mile or two and it'll register the TMPS sensors.
      10-29-2011, 10:08 PM   #5
iFRANChISe
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolchu001 View Post
Here are the steps to reset/register new TMPS:

1. Start the engine but do not drive off.

2. Move turn BC selector (located on signal lever) up or down until the TPMS symbol appears in instrument cluster.

3. Confirm the display by briefly pressing the BC button on the steering column stalk.

4. Press the BC button to confirm selection of tire pressure monitoring.

5. Press and hold the BC button on the steering column stalk for approx. 5 seconds
until the RDW display lights up in the instrument cluster. The tire failure indicator is
now ready for initialization. If no tick is shown in the display, this indicates that the
tyre failure indicator cannot be initialized due to a fault.

6. Release the BC button to conclude initialization.

Once it's been reset, drive a mile or two and it'll register the TMPS sensors.

Thanks! I appreciate it. I will chime back in to update with my success when I'm done.

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2018, 12:26 AM   #6
strykher
BisDak
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 328i Sport

Did this work?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2021, 08:09 AM   #7
hercfe
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 335XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykher View Post
Did this work?
Bringing back from the dead for anyone searching this. I can confirm that this works on a 2011 335xi. I did have to do this process while driving to get the replacement sensor to configure. I just went up and down my cul de sac.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2024, 07:00 PM   #8
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

If your gripe is just the light, I'd just code it out and be done. I've done this on all my e90s
Appreciate 0