Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > cleaning the tire??

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

12-25-2021, 12:04 AM   #1
norbetow
Rep
Drives: E92

cleaning the tire??

I want to shin up my side walls of my tires what is the best stuff to use... in this website https://allroadtire.com/ I found some great suggestion on tire care.
I used the armarole but people say there is something in it that actually ruins the tire is this true?? if so what cleaner should i use??
thanx
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 01:02 PM   #2
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

I think there is a typo in the article, it said Michelin tires can last 8,000 miles, I better go take a closer look at my PS4S’. How do I clean mine, I simply use a nylon brush and the solution from the wash bucket then finish with Armor All tire foam. As tires age, they might crack and then you’ll have to prematurely replace them.
      12-27-2021, 02:10 PM   #3
bimmerfan1972
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi

Garage List
I have used the Meguiar's gel. It is really good, but really messy. I switched recently to Car Guy's tire shine. Not messy at all, decent shine, but doesn't last as long. I still like it though, just need to wash the car more often.
https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G751.../dp/B0009IQXJ0
https://www.amazon.com/Tire-Shine-Sp...87519431&psc=1
      12-28-2021, 07:52 AM   #4
Antetokounmpo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 6MT FBO; '18 F150 Platinum

Garage List
Stoners tarminator to deep clean the tires, then Carpro PERL diluted 1:1 for a beautiful semi gloss look.

2008 335xi 6MT | VRSF Catless DP | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF CP | TIAL BOV | DCI | MHD 2+
BC Racing BR | Stoptech 600 | Firehawk Indy 500 255 Square | Atric Altimax 225 Sq.
2018 F-150 Platinum 701A | FX4 | 3.5 EcoBeast
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 06:08 AM   #5
Noor888
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

I am using 303 Tire Coating & Protectant. It protects rubber surfaces from things like UV rays and rot, and is completely sling free. It’s also water based, and doesn’t contain harmful silicones, which have been known to cause rubber to dry-out and leaves a satin finish. Highly recommend!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 04:31 PM   #6
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

I use Meguiars Hot Rims to clean my wheels, but it also does an excellent job cleaning the tires.

I absolutely hate Armor All products, however a friend suggested their "Extreme Tire Shine Gel" and it's been great. It's not as greasy as the other products I use. I know it's meant to be a glossy product, but after applying with the applicator I use a microfiber towel to wipe all four tires down and it's not as shiny but still lasts a long time.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 09:08 PM   #7
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

One of the great tire cleaners that I've tried is P&S Brake Buster.

Although it lack in performance when it comes to getting the stubborn brake dust off the wheels, it makes up as an amazing tire cleaner.
It penetrates deep into the tire surface, pushing out all of the manufacturing oils and road grime to the surface.

I usually give it two rounds of scrubbing. You want to scrub to the point when you spray and scrub the foam is white, as opposed to brown.

As for the brake dust cleaner, Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner. This is an amazing product from Meguiar's. It is non acidic, pH balanced and safe on paint. Does a great job in cleaning the rims.
It is gel like so it doesn't run off easily. Changes color as it reacts with embedded metallic particles.

I use it on my paint as well to do iron decontamination. It is a third of the cost of IronX. For me it works great for paint decontamination, that I do twice a year. I usually stock up a few bottles when they go on sale.

As for the tire coating, pay once and cry once. This will give you that clean or semi gloss, or gloss look (depending on the amount of coats) that lasts over a year!
If you can get your hands on this, do it!

https://www.feynlab.com/product/feynlab-tire-coating/

Last edited by Wolf 335; 01-12-2022 at 09:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 09:20 PM   #8
michaelalex17
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Manual Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbetow View Post
I want to shin up my side walls of my tires what is the best stuff to use... in this website https://allroadtire.com/ I found some great suggestion on tire care.
I used the armarole but people say there is something in it that actually ruins the tire is this true?? if so what cleaner should i use??
thanx
It's true. Most tire dressings have chemicals that wear out the rubber and can cause premature cracking and dry rot. You want any water based tire dressing. They won't be as shiny but not really a fan of super shiny tires anyway. Can use something like this:

https://ammonyc.com/products/ammo-mud-tire-gel
      01-12-2022, 09:22 PM   #9
michaelalex17
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Manual Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noor888 View Post
I am using 303 Tire Coating & Protectant. It protects rubber surfaces from things like UV rays and rot, and is completely sling free. It’s also water based, and doesn’t contain harmful silicones, which have been known to cause rubber to dry-out and leaves a satin finish. Highly recommend!
This is also a good protect probably a bit less shine than the one I just posted but both are water based instead of silicone based so they won't prematurely crack or dry rot your tires like Armoll