E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Wagner Tuning 335d Intercooler Kit Ready to Ship?

11-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #23
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d View Post
@Former Rotor broke damn pinky finger playing baseball a high pop fly which wind took and when i was ready under it the damn wind blew again and deviated the ball and landed between my glove and right hand.I have to have a cat for 4 weeks and then therapy F'me!! I got two pins holding the finger, I have to cancel my 1/2 mile run today i dont feel comfortable driving the 1/2 mile in speeds exceeding 140 mph I ran a couple of days ago at 120 and was scared, wont do it saturday I will run next time with the new IC.
Good grief Axel, all that because of a pop fly?!? Glad to see you're able to post at least a little bit.

I agree with you about canceling the 1/2 mile run - no use running if you're not comfortable.
      11-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #24
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335d

Damn pop fly LOL oh well thanks DD, hey let me know for the IC buy Im in!!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #25
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Damn pop fly LOL oh well thanks DD, hey let me know for the IC buy Im in!!
Damn, dude. Sorry to hear about all that. You'll be back on the track & typing coherently in no time

The IC should bring you right back to health.

My Picture Threads (Oldest to Newest): 1 2 3
Join BMW CCA! (Use my link and I get credit )
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 04:42 AM   #26
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

Thanks amigos I decided that my mechanic do the driving we are very close friends and he has alaways helped me, that said Im sad I cant but not STUPID, I realized that I am partially disabled to drive at those speeds and reaction times are WAYY slow. I will post videos of the event eventually so you can see the MONSTER run!! hopefully by Monday or tuesday ok
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #27
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Just touched base with Nick at Wagner, still waiting arrival of the shipment. The home base in Germany only shipped him 20 units, so I think this shipment should sell pretty quickly. Only getting 20 units is probably going to tie his hands on a GB, but I'll let him address that when he has units to sell.

I guess I'm not really surprised that Germany kept 80 units of the 100 produced, since the market for this product in Europe should presumably be much larger than the market over here.
      12-06-2012, 07:36 AM   #28
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

I will PM nick and see ok
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #29
WEEZAR
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 335D

So is cheaper or better to get one here in Germany (since I live here), or from the USA?
      12-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #30
GreekboyD
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEZAR
So is cheaper or better to get one here in Germany (since I live here), or from the USA?
No brainer if it was me man.

Germany.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 04:30 AM   #31
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

duh Germany !!!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #32
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Sent Carsten an e-mail yesterday inquiring as to the status of the flow tests - still waiting for a reply. I would be truely shocked if they released this IC without supporting data to better demonstrate the benefits.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #33
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

Chris last time carsten told me they were going to do a Bench Flow after they returned from SEMA
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 08:22 AM   #34
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Chris last time carsten told me they were going to do a Bench Flow after they returned from SEMA
Yep he told me they were working to conduct the test and would make data available. He said it would take approx 6 weeks - that was nearly 6 weeks ago. I just sent him an email yesterday so hope t hear back today.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 09:08 AM   #35
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

to be honest w you as far as I am concerned with the temp. readings comparo's that DOC got with stock versus Wagner a decrease in cooler air in excess of 23 degrees below OEM IC, Im sold and no testing were performed before that,PRICELESS!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 11:54 PM   #36
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDiner
Just touched base with Nick at Wagner, still waiting arrival of the shipment. The home base in Germany only shipped him 20 units, so I think this shipment should sell pretty quickly. Only getting 20 units is probably going to tie his hands on a GB, but I'll let him address that when he has units to sell.

I guess I'm not really surprised that Germany kept 80 units of the 100 produced, since the market for this product in Europe should presumably be much larger than the market over here.
We need to stick together and buy as a block!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 07:23 AM   #37
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I received a reply from Carsten Wagner and apparently they still have not performed any bench flow testing. Something about lack of power to their equipment??? Hmmmm...

I for one am not going to jump the gun and replace my stock IC for one that may or may not yield any benefit until I see some comprehensive testing from Wagner and or very detailed before and after data logging performed by an owner.

Last edited by cssnms; 12-11-2012 at 08:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #38
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

Chris you're sounding like someone i know from the fest!! LOL I understand your plight but damn 23 degrees below what OEM IC marked that alone tells you something is up. Bur now as I reread your link I also have some quirps about it, I love the way the IC looks , almost as OEM rather than the other FRANKENSTEINS outthere, true be it some data would be appreciated though, i.e. dyno, temps etc etc!!

Last edited by Puerto Rican 335d; 12-11-2012 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: more info
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #39
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Chris you're sounding like someone i know from the fest!! LOL I understand your plight but damn 23 degrees below what OEM IC marked that alone tells you something is up. Bur now as I reread your link I also have some quirps about it, I love the way the IC looks , almost as OEM rather than the other FRANKENSTEINS outthere, true be it some data would be appreciated though, i.e. dyno, temps etc etc!!
Why because I will not buy a product without being provided evidence as to the benefits of the product?

Axel there has not been anywhere close to enough testing to substantiate those results are accurate, let alone consistent and representative of the benefits to be expected across the use spectrum with or without a tune. In fact it is quite plausible to assume (without data to support otherwise) there is no benefit to be gained from a Wagner IC vs OEM or perhaps just the opposite, if the pressure drop proves to be to dramatic horsepower is actually lossed. It is also plausible to assume that if the Wagner IC does prove to drop intake air temps that without the right tuning to harness the benefits there is no benefit to be gained.

Not to mention, I also find it curious that Wagner has yet to conduct ANY testing, but is prepared to just throw this IC out on the market.

Last edited by cssnms; 12-11-2012 at 11:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #40
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

Very true what you state but lets go farther and have Turbo eddie speak for himself on an IC he reconfigured that was intended for a 335i and for which he is now capable of 45-47 mpg with the the CX racing IC. Makes you wonder if indeed works or not, yet TE does NOT have a JBD or Even any Flash just meth as far as i am concerned.

Trust me, i do understand what you imply and it is well reasoned to be a bit skeptical of ANY product w/o R&D, that is why I called RENNtech into this to do investigation with WAGNER and also with ECOTUNE. But, if no one party participates then we are ALL SOL!!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #41
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Very true what you state but lets go farther and have Turbo eddie speak for himself on an IC he reconfigured that was intended for a 335i and for which he is now capable of 45-47 mpg with the the CX racing IC. Makes you wonder if indeed works or not, yet TE does NOT have a JBD or Even any Flash just meth as far as i am concerned.

Trust me, i do understand what you imply and it is well reasoned to be a bit skeptical of ANY product w/o R&D, that is why I called RENNtech into this to do investigation with WAGNER and also with ECOTUNE. But, if no one party participates then we are ALL SOL!!
Axel, I cannot speak to TurboEddie's experience with his CX Racing IC (I've read his posts though), but we are talking about two very different IC's. I do recall him complaining initially of some extra turbo lag - a possible negative side effect of an improperly sized IC. That said, I believe TurboEddie is also running his own personally designed/built piggy-back tune, but there is no way (that I am aware of) that a piggy-back can be adapted to account for an upgraded IC. Our DME's are very smart and tend to adapt well to keep systems in check/at factory tolerances unless tuned otherwise at which point a properly sized/functioning IC could prove to be a benefit.

What would be interesting to see if you or someone local to Renntech can get your hands on a Wagner IC and hand it over to Renntech for some testing/tuning to see if in fact there is anything to be gained w/a Wagner IC.

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer here, just trying to be practical about it. I want performance options as much as anyone, which is why I am a litte (actually a lot) disappointed Wagner has not done any testing yet and to take it a step further actually performed some data logging and back-to-back dyno runs and compare it against stock. Shoot I would be happy if it proved to just significantly lower EGT's under all load conditions.

Last edited by cssnms; 12-11-2012 at 01:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #42
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport

Garage List
Yeah, I have to side with cssnms on this one. I think we've all proven we are happy to support the companies who support our vehicles, but that doesn't mean that we will blindly buy any part that you tell us is for the d. Just because something fits physically, this does not mean that it is optimized for the system into which it is being integrated.

Hopefully we got the wrong message and Wagner does actually have test data from before they started production. If not, hopefully they will test these post production models and share their data. If not, hopefully someone who doesn't mind tossing his/her time & money into being a beta (or should i say alpha) tester can produce some objective, quantifiable data so that the rest of us can learn from their success (or lack thereof).

My Picture Threads (Oldest to Newest): 1 2 3
Join BMW CCA! (Use my link and I get credit )
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #43
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

I wholeheartly agree w u amigo problem is that noone is willing to do it. I had forgotten TE had done his own piggyback. I contacted Renntech and there response was they feed back from actual clients from Ecotune in respects to the downpipe.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 11:50 PM   #44
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

TDIwyse's datalogging over on -fest seems to support the need for the IC upgrade.
Appreciate 0