E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Looking for Labor - clutch, flywheel in greater Chicago area

10-03-2022, 10:55 AM   #1
maxihari
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i MSport 6spd

Looking for Labor - clutch, flywheel in greater Chicago area

Hi

I have the parts.

Oil pan gasket and rear main seal as well.

Thanks
      10-04-2022, 08:57 AM   #2
trohde78
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxihari View Post
Hi

I have the parts.

Oil pan gasket and rear main seal as well.

Thanks
That's a large area, but LukeG Workshop in Roselle, or A&L Auto Body in Palatine have both done good work for me.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 10:12 PM   #3
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trohde78 View Post
That's a large area, but LukeG Workshop in Roselle, or A&L Auto Body in Palatine have both done good work for me.
Luke G. moved from IL many years ago and runs a shop in NC now. Who runs this shop now? A&L is just a body shop of mediocre quality that just build a name especially on the BMW forums. A lot of other shops that do better job for less money. I stopped working on my cars and recently went to Fertech in Addison. Between the two cars they did: turbos, clutch, dual oil coolers, port injection, suspension, automatic transmission rebuild, m3 steering rack swap, coolant pump, and front bumper respray. They are ok guys.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 03:37 PM   #4
trohde78
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
Luke G. moved from IL many years ago and runs a shop in NC now. Who runs this shop now? A&L is just a body shop of mediocre quality that just build a name especially on the BMW forums. A lot of other shops that do better job for less money. I stopped working on my cars and recently went to Fertech in Addison. Between the two cars they did: turbos, clutch, dual oil coolers, port injection, suspension, automatic transmission rebuild, m3 steering rack swap, coolant pump, and front bumper respray. They are ok guys.
It's my understanding that LukeG was bought by a guy named Danny (not sure of his last name). I've talked to him a few times, but haven't needed any work yet. The lot is always packed with BMW's when I drive past, so I assume they still do good work.
Appreciate 1
feuer4275.50