E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > I-Drive not working

05-07-2022, 06:52 AM   #1
oldsoldier55
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i 2010

Unhappy I-Drive not working

I have an E-90, 325i 2010 model, last november, I had a leaking oil filter housing gasket, and leaking rocker cover, and then the fan belt shredded, which caused some problems including an oil leak from the trunion seal, but the engine has seemed to be ok, last week I had the following done: replaced rocker cover and seal, trunion seal,and 2 X vanos solenoids, and various coolant hoses. I just got the car back on friday, the engine sounded good, drove well, only one problem : the navigation system was frozen in split screen, and the i-drive is not showing any lights and does not seem to work - it seems disconnected, I can send/recieve phone calls and nothing else, also normally when I reverse my mirrors dip, not anymore. When I spoke to my mechanic he said that they had to disconnect the battery a few times. When I tried to start the car this morning the battery was flat and I had to call the NRMA. Has anyone here had anything like this happen ? Is it a problem with the i-drive ? or the CIC itself, I have tried to restart the i-drive, but it stays frozen. Any ideas ?
Is there any one in Sydney that you can recommend to fix this ?
Appreciate 0