E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Instrument cluster not working

08-15-2022, 12:54 PM   #1
LeeToy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e91 335i, BMW e39 540i

Instrument cluster not working

Hi!
Maybe someone here could help with my problem.

I bought a 2007 e91 335i which had a fire damage in the trunk. The right side boot lid harness was burnt but otherwise there was no damage in the harnesses. I replaced the burnt harness and the car seems to function pretty OK except for instrument cluster.

So the symptoms are:

At the first sight it seems that the cluster isn't working at all, however:
1. When the trip odometer stem is pressed the cluster shows mileage, temperature and clock.
2. If I disconnect and reconnect the battery or cluster fuse, all the gauges and indicator lights work. Warning lights are still off. This works for the first start but after I turn the ignition off, cluster won't work anymore.
3. If I disconnect and reconnect cluster fuse, it quickly flashes ALL the cluster lights. So there is no burnt lights etc..
4. When the cluster works like in the step 2, the car also indicates about SOS emergency call error. However my antenna cables are off because those where damaged. The error is also shown at the navigation screen.

I have diagnosed the problem with INPA and ISTA and can submit the info from those if it's needed. However the information isn't very clear yet because the car isn't fully assembled yet. So it throws errors from speakers etc. (I wonder if that can cause some problems). From ISTA control unit tree I can see that KOMBI and CCC aren't responding at all.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Last edited by LeeToy; 08-15-2022 at 01:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2022, 01:17 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

You should put this up in the general forum you will get more responses.
Stuff that is not part of the stereo is not generally covered here.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2022, 01:19 PM   #3
LeeToy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e91 335i, BMW e39 540i

I'll do that👍
Appreciate 0