E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > DYNAVIN N6 Multimedia GPS System, New for 2015....OFFICIAL THREAD>>>>

08-28-2014, 08:05 PM   #133
jeffb335
Rep
Drives: BMW

Yes, waiting on the next batch, we will have them in a week or two
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 08:11 PM   #134
Pickle
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

How much ?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 11:13 PM   #135
Ph0zenstone
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Excellent review

One thing you brought up that was new to me were the radio station logos - cool feature & I didn't know or hear about that option till now...

Link to the Dynos pdf instructions for radio station logo:

http://www.dynavin.com/images/pdf/co...on_setting.pdf

It appears you must have installed some update? since your Car Information is in SAE units now - all the units came thru with metric units AFAIK

I am still waiting on my Reverse Cam - same handle style as yours. I had planned to just wire cam power wire directly to battery. Are you saying this is what you did at 1st & it resulted in static lines on the pic?

+1 my dynavin is arriving next week along with my rear view camera. So you had to wire in something else? Why doesn't the camera work by itself?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 02:19 AM   #136
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by phozenstone View Post
+1 my dynavin is arriving next week along with my rear view camera. So you had to wire in something else? Why doesn't the camera work by itself?
As you know, normal camera wiring is Pos + to reverse light + wire, Neg - Ground, & RCA to HU. Unit gets it's power + trigger from + reverse light circuit.

Some have noticed when wired this way that there is interference on the screen (lines, etc.)

In that case you need to use a 12V Relay & connect directly to battery.
  • Battery+ to Relay
  • Ground to Ground
  • Feed to Camera from Normally Open Tab
  • Feed from Reverse Circuit + to Relay for Trigger Wire

I picked one up from BestBuy just in case I need one:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/directed...lay&cp=1&lp=10
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 03:14 AM   #137
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
Jeff-

You might want to add the details and/or the link to the 'How To' for loading radio station logo's to the N6 in your Post #2

-and-
  • The station logos are put on SD Card, inserted into unit - does the SD card need to remain in the unit for the logos to keep on displaying?
  • Or are they automatically saved to the N6 Internal Memory?
  • If not, is there a way to transfer the logos from the SD card to the N6 Internal Memory so they will be displayed even if the SD card is removed?

* I guess the same questions apply to the Boot Screen logo as I have not seen this discussed one way or the other so far...

Also, I noticed on my unit that while in Nav, the radio only lowers the volume level when Nav talks - I can barely hear the Nav Speak as the radio doesn't lower much - shouldn't the radio volume Mute so Nav speak is only thing heard? Is this just a setting I am missing?
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 06:09 AM   #138
Ph0zenstone
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Jeff-

You might want to add the details and/or the link to the 'How To' for loading radio station logo's to the N6 in your Post #2

-and-
  • The station logos are put on SD Card, inserted into unit - does the SD card need to remain in the unit for the logos to keep on displaying?
  • Or are they automatically saved to the N6 Internal Memory?
  • If not, is there a way to transfer the logos from the SD card to the N6 Internal Memory so they will be displayed even if the SD card is removed?

* I guess the same questions apply to the Boot Screen logo as I have not seen this discussed one way or the other so far...

Also, I noticed on my unit that while in Nav, the radio only lowers the volume level when Nav talks - I can barely hear the Nav Speak as the radio doesn't lower much - shouldn't the radio volume Mute so Nav speak is only thing heard? Is this just a setting I am missing?
In my Dynavin D99, nav volume was adjusted in the nav settings. Once set, the volume knobs won't adjust it similar to my Mercedes where my oem nav had separate settings for nav and radio volume. Hope that helps!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 07:52 AM   #139
Ph0zenstone
Major General
Rep

not sure on the N6 but the Nav voiceover on the D99 doesn't mute my radio volume but just lowers it a tad bit while the Nav is speaking.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 08:06 AM   #140
Wongway
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328i xdrive

I really wasn't planning on diving into this project till next year, but you guys are really making me rethink it...

Maybe for Christmas?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 08:32 AM   #141
jeffb335
Rep
Drives: BMW

A couple things....there is a volume setting for voice AND a master volume setting, with both turned up it should be plenty loud....I know in my car I have it set to a comfortable level, my volume settings look like this and Im using "Amy" for the voice....

There is also a setting in the radio SOUND menu where you can adjust the relative volumes of the different sources...so you can turn the nav volume up there too.

Last edited by jeffb335; 08-29-2014 at 10:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 05:48 AM   #142
kayfaz
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10

Possibly interested, but just worried about fitment..

Anyone able to post some close up pics of the fitment in the dash showing how all edges and the bottom section fit in?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 10:56 AM   #143
Wongway
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328i xdrive

both this thread AND the other N6 thread have jeffb's and a host of other people's installation pictures already up with fitment and all. How many more do you need?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 11:17 AM   #144
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfaz View Post
Possibly interested, but just worried about fitment..

Anyone able to post some close up pics of the fitment in the dash showing how all edges and the bottom section fit in?
Fitment is PERFECT & looks as if OEM - nothing much more to be said about that

I am very happy with the looks/fitment/integration/features of this unit - and I'm really picky (anal) about those things...
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 03:49 PM   #145
vasman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d (E92)

Looking ahead towards ordering the N6 and installing it the next coming days and I have the following questions. I want to run two USB extension leads from the Head unit (N6 E9x) to my E92 storage box behind the handbrake. My concerns are:

1. What you believe is the optimum length for the USB extension lead (not too short or too long)?
2. One USB extension cable will be used to charge and provide iPod feed for my iPhone 5+. The other most probably for future support of a 3G data dongle for internet connectivity (assuming Dynavin will release such support soon). Reading through Amazon reviews for various USB extension leads it seems that many of these (inc. Amazon Basics product) induce too much voltage drop down the USB cable that in the end there is not enough to power the phone or the data dongle. Has anyone had any experience and any USB extension lead to suggest that worked fine in the aforementioned setup?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 09:13 PM   #146
kayfaz
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Jeff, will you post to UK?

If not, can you recommend a UK dealer please?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 10:11 PM   #147
vasman
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfaz

Thanks
I am planing to purchase mine from car vision in UK. He seems very good and can also run a free install if you go to his workshop
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 10:21 PM   #148
kayfaz
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasman
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfaz

Thanks
I am planing to purchase mine from car vision in UK. He seems very good and can also run a free install if you go to his workshop
Just googled them, in Droitwich, right?

Do you know if they have them in stock?

When you planning to get it done?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 03:24 AM   #149
vasman
Enlisted Member
Rep

Yes that's the one! John that manages it seemed very nice and responsive when I spoke with him. They provide support and warranty. They also source and install the reverse camera for £60+£40

The HU needs few days to be ordered/delivered the Reverse Cameras are usually in stock

I plan to install them when I return to UK from my leave ~mid Sept

I have now purchased the Sandisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 (I know the HU supports 2.0, but the transfer from my laptop will be fast) that is tiny and fast. Also ordered the Sandisk micro-SD 64GB, I want to have enough capacity for all my music and some videos.

Only concern are the USB extension leads to the Storage box behind the handbrake

Looking forward to it...
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 02:42 PM   #150
nathantx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90

I have a USB extension running from the back of the HU where the connector is, through the center console near the shifter, and into the storage compartment behind the e-brake. In my review pictures you can see the usb/aux flush mount that I installed inside the storage compartment. I haven't had any problems with the USB extension with charging my iPhone or anything else plugged into the port.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 02:46 PM   #151
vasman
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathantx
I have a USB extension running from the back of the HU where the connector is, through the center console near the shifter, and into the storage compartment behind the e-brake. In my review pictures you can see the usb/aux flush mount that I installed inside the storage compartment. I haven't had any problems with the USB extension with charging my iPhone or anything else plugged into the port.
Could you please kindly advise what USB extension cable length you used and if you have a cable part number (if branded)

Many Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 09:11 PM   #152
Deebag
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320 Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathantx View Post
Where did you get the usb/aux mount?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 02:54 AM   #153
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
I used the USB Flush Mount Extension Kit available thru Jeff site:

http://www.jandtdistributing.com/col...plug-extension

More than enough length to run thru console to rear of right hand tray where I mounted it, right beside the OEM 6FL outlets (now not used).

I'll post a pic of how I mounted later today.

I have been running my Ipod with this line since the beginning, & it charges just fine...

The other N6 USB line I ran to the glove compartment to attach USB stick if need be with a short extension I had laying around.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 08:14 PM   #154
nathantx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90

I got the usb/aux mount kit on Amazon from a company called Xtenzi - it's essentially a usb/aux extension cord with 2 meters of cord and the flush mount connectors on the other end. If you want just a USB or AUX, Jeff sells them - I wanted both together so I didn't have to drill 2 holes. The plug fits pretty snug right up front in the storage compartment - all I did was cut a hole in the rubber mat, put the retaining nut on the backside and it holds. I ran the other "Internet" usb to the glovebox for future use.
Appreciate 1
lab_rat394.50