E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Hunt

02-12-2020, 06:13 PM   #1
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Exclamation The Hunt

They had me in the first 15 seconds...

After being delayed, the film will be released this year.

02-13-2020, 07:49 AM   #2
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 07:50 AM   #3
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Isn't this the movie that got delayed because it depicts liberals hunting deplorable's?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 07:58 AM   #4
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
I like it, but this has been a part of many movies already...including a scene from The Purge...
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 10:52 AM   #5
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
Isn't this the movie that got delayed because it depicts liberals hunting deplorable's?
Nah.... It had more to do with Public Shootings last year. It's been completas for some time now.
And yes. There's definitely been multiple films similar in genre. The cast here is what stirs my interest.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 10:57 AM   #6
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Nah.... It had more to do with Public Shootings last year. It's been completas for some time now.
And yes. There's definitely been multiple films similar in genre. The cast here is what stirs my interest.
You have the hots for the This Is Us guy, huh?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 11:32 AM   #7
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
Gosh, I would have thought that would get it fast-tracked into release. I would think for Hollywood to collect a bunch of revenue from the very people a film mocks and denigrates would have them frothing at the mouth to get it into the theaters.
      02-13-2020, 11:55 AM   #8
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
You have the hots for the This Is Us guy, huh?
Publicizing your Man-Crush ehh....
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 01:23 PM   #9
The Libertine
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Porsche Macan

Looks interesting....
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 01:38 PM   #10
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

I just finished reading a Jack Reacher book where wealthy folks paid big dollars to hunt humans. They used night vision goggles and crossbows. This looks like an expansion of that.

I do think there was some fuss in the fall about it, I don't recall what it was.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 02:40 PM   #11
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
I just finished reading a Jack Reacher book where wealthy folks paid big dollars to hunt humans. They used night vision goggles and crossbows. This looks like an expansion of that.

I do think there was some fuss in the fall about it, I don't recall what it was.
https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/13/hunt-...ings-12233847/

‘Most talked about film nobody has ever seen’ to be released following cancellation amid mass shootings

Mel EvansThursday 13 Feb 2020 12:43 pm

The Hunt follows a dozen individuals who wake up in a clearing and realise they are being stalked for sport Blumhouse Productions is finally releasing The Hunt, after the controversial film was put on the backburner following a spate of deadly massacres ahead of its September 2019 release.

Seeing as the film focuses on a bunch of liberal elites hunting down conservatives in some Hunger Games/Saw/Hotel crossover of our nightmares, we can see why they may have felt it a little distasteful to release it following the Dayton and El Paso mass shootings. But, now’s a good time apparently. Seems March will see it hit cinemas, with Blumhouse Productions’ Jason Blum confirming The Hunt will see the light of day after all.

‘I always check the reactions online,’ he told Variety this week. ‘I’ve been (reading) a lot and I think this time around a lot of the people who wrote (about) the movie have now seen the movie and I’m very happy so far how it’s been written about because it’s being understood much better this time as a satire – which is what it is.’ He added of the film’s actors: ‘They were thrilled that people are going to see their really hard – and I think, brilliant – work.’ With the fresh tagline for the film reading, ‘The most talked about movie nobody has ever seen,’ we suppose they’re striking while the iron is hot. Plus, as Blum said: ‘If the controversy gets more people to see it then that’s okay with me.’ Well alright then.

The flick, starring GLOW’s Betty Gilpin and Hilary Swank, follows a dozen individuals ‘from red states’ who wake up in a clearing and realise they are being stalked for sport by ‘liberals’, was originally penned for release last year, but was temporarily cancelled

The studio confirmed their decision in a statement days after they had paused the marketing campaign back in August. ‘After thoughtful consideration, the studio has decided to cancel our plans to release the film,’ the statement read. ‘We stand by our filmmakers and will continue to distribute films in partnership with bold and visionary creators, like those associated with this satirical social thriller, but we understand that now is not the right time to release this film.’ President Donald Trump had previously commented on the so-called satire, saying it was caused to ‘inflame and cause chaos’. He suggested that those who worked in Hollywood ‘try to blame others’ after creating violence. Love Island Mike Boateng's brother insists all islanders are playing a game Outriders hands-on preview and interview -

‘It's old school but we think it’s good’ Strictly's Karen Hauer will 'always respect' ex Kevin Clifton as she addresses divorce ‘Liberal Hollywood is Racist at the highest level, and with great Anger and Hate!’ he tweeted. ‘They like to call themselves “Elite,” but they are not Elite. In fact, it is often the people that they so strongly oppose that are actually the Elite. The movie coming out is made in order to inflame and cause chaos. ‘They create their own violence, and then try to blame others. They are the true Racists, and are very bad for our Country.’
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 03:08 PM   #12
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post

Slight hijack - I read that one. It wasn't his best but much better than his last few. I just ordered his most recent. Hopefully Lee Child is back to writing some great books. The earlier ones is the series were good reading.

Hijack over - carry on.
      02-13-2020, 03:27 PM   #13
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Just another "Surviving the game." Meh.

Appreciate 0