E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Gas Stations with High Octane in Minneapolis

12-10-2009, 08:41 PM   #1
ajvee
Major
Rep
Drives: None

Gas Stations with High Octane in Minneapolis

Guys,

Could you recommend gas stations in Minneapolis that are on BMW's recommended list for the N54 engine and have 93 octane or higher?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 07:41 AM   #2
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 | E30 | E28 | E24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee View Post
Guys,

Could you recommend gas stations in Minneapolis that are on BMW's recommended list for the N54 engine and have 93 octane or higher?

Thanks.
The only "Top Tier" gas station convenient to me is the Shell station in Edina, on 77th and Hwy 100. I've only used V-Power since I got my car... There are very few other Shell stations in the metro area, so I always need to plan ahead!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2009, 12:09 PM   #3
ajvee
Major
Rep

^^^^^^AWESOME. Appreciate the info Nick. What tune are you running?

Thanks,
Anvar
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2009, 02:25 PM   #4
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
Add to that list:

Holiday Gas Station in Bloomington.
American Blvd and Nicollet Ave.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2009, 05:53 PM   #5
ajvee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.CBR View Post
PROcede v3 CANbus 10-9 6AT stg 1 w/ vishnu DCI.

How bout you guys? The only other person I know of in the 'Cities running a tune is my buddy and the guy I'm selling my v3 PnP to next week. lol There has to be more??

Nick

I just bought my car and am waiting for the JB3 2.0 to come out. Which dealer do you use? Have you pulled out the Procede prior to service?

Also, I tried to get to the Shell station on Chicago avenue today and the place was closed. Do you know if all Shell stations close early?

Cheers,
Anvar
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #6
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.CBR View Post
What oct? Unleaded I presume? This would be far easier to get to then Plymouth!

Nick
Sorry, I forgot to mention. It's Racing Octane 110.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 05:56 PM   #7
ajvee
Major
Rep

I filled up by the Shell station in Edina today. The fuel is 92 octane. Also, I have my first service appointment tomorrow with Motorwerks for a faulty fuel gauge. Any advice/feedback on their service will be much appreciated.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 10:34 AM   #8
ajvee
Major
Rep

Nick,

I really appreciate your feedback on Motorwerks. I took my car in today for a faulty fuel gauge and enjoyed the service.

On a side note, I was wondering if you would be willing to take me for a ride in your car when the weather permits, as I would like to get a feel for the Procede?

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 01:24 PM   #9
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I filled up by the Shell station in Edina today. The fuel is 92 octane. Also, I have my first service appointment tomorrow with Motorwerks for a faulty fuel gauge. Any advice/feedback on their service will be much appreciated.

Cheers.
I have gotten 93 octane V-Power at certain locations, but have not seen anything higher. I guess I'm a little paranoid about only using the BMW recommended "Top Tier" fuels - seems like some people have been asked to pay for HPFP replacements out of pocket when fuel analysis showed they were using something else...

I have only had +ve experiences at Motorwerks service dept. so far. They are always pleasant to deal with and finish the work in a timely manner.

As an example, on my previous E90 I had complained about the stock Bridgestone tires getting excessively noisy with relatively low miles on the car (approx 13k). They took it up with BMW who would only cover 2 of the tires as the car had more than 10k miles - Motorwerks covered the remaining 2 themselves as a goodwill gesture! I was impressed, especially as I had not bought the car from them and this was only my second visit. Needless to say, all my service work goes there now.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 01:25 PM   #10
ajvee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRL-MN View Post
I have gotten 93 octane V-Power at certain locations, but have not seen anything higher. I guess I'm a little paranoid about only using the BMW recommended "Top Tier" fuels - seems like some people have been asked to pay for HPFP replacements out of pocket when fuel analysis showed they were using something else...

I have only had +ve experiences at Motorwerks service dept. so far. They are always pleasant to deal with and finish the work in a timely manner.

As an example, on my previous E90 I had complained about the stock Bridgestone tires getting excessively noisy with relatively low miles on the car (approx 13k). They took it up with BMW who would only cover 2 of the tires as the car had more than 10k miles - Motorwerks covered the remaining 2 themselves as a goodwill gesture! I was impressed, especially as I had not bought the car from them and this was only my second visit. Needless to say, all my service work goes there now.
Great to hear a second positive opinion. My car is with them right now and I shall keep you guys posted on the overall experience.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 08:25 PM   #11
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
Quote:
Motorwerks covered the remaining 2 themselves as a goodwill gesture! I was impressed, especially as I had not bought the car from them and this was only my second visit. Needless to say, all my service work goes there now.
Speaking of goodwill gesture, Motorwerks did the same on my Mini Cooper S. I had just bought the car with 37,500miles from another dealership. The car started to overheat whenever at a stop. My service advisor, Tucker, talked to MINI and was able to have it covered since I just past my warranty thru mileage and I just purchased the car. Ends up that the car needed a new radiator and pump. Yikes!

I still continue to get great service whenever I bring my E90 in.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 11:36 PM   #12
ajvee
Major
Rep

This is great feedback! Appreciate it guys! I found out that my car will need a new fuel gauge and it could take up to 2 weeks to get the part in from Germany. Regardless, my experience with them has been very positive thus far.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #13
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This is great feedback! Appreciate it guys! I found out that my car will need a new fuel gauge and it could take up to 2 weeks to get the part in from Germany. Regardless, my experience with them has been very positive thus far.
That's unfortunate - so what is the problem? Inaccurate readings, or is it just not reading at all?

Glad to hear you are also having a good experience there.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #14
ajvee
Major
Rep

Quote:
That's unfortunate - so what is the problem? Inaccurate readings, or is it just not reading at all?

Glad to hear you are also having a good experience there.
Hey, hope you're having good day and I appreciate the concern. Basically, the needle is off the range. When the tank is full, the needle reads at the 260 KM mark on the speedo and when it is empty, it indicates that I still have 1/4th left in the tank. Inaccurate readings basically.

I have a feeling that it has something to do with the cold weather as it started when I filled up my tank a couple of days on a really cold day. As I mentioned, the gauge will take a couple of weeks, along with a day or so for the install as the dash will have to be removed. I am going to pick up my car and use it until the gauge arrives.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 03:40 PM   #15
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey, hope you're having good day and I appreciate the concern. Basically, the needle is off the range. When the tank is full, the needle reads at the 260 KM mark on the speedo and when it is empty, it indicates that I still have 1/4th left in the tank. Inaccurate readings basically.

I have a feeling that it has something to do with the cold weather as it started when I filled up my tank a couple of days on a really cold day. As I mentioned, the gauge will take a couple of weeks, along with a day or so for the install as the dash will have to be removed. I am going to pick up my car and use it until the gauge arrives.

Cheers.
Hmmm, that is concerning. Did you actually run out the first time? At least you can figure out roughly when you need to fill up based off the trip computer now that you are aware there is a problem.

So they have to remove the whole dash to get at the instrument cluster? Keep an ear out for any rattles once it's put back together!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #16
ajvee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Hmmm, that is concerning. Did you actually run out the first time? At least you can figure out roughly when you need to fill up based off the trip computer now that you are aware there is a problem.

So they have to remove the whole dash to get at the instrument cluster? Keep an ear out for any rattles once it's put back together!
I came very close to running out the first time and the issue started up after I filled the tank back up. Yup, they have to remove the entire dash to get at the instrument cluster and remove the fuel gauge. I am definitely going to keep my ears open for any rattles after the gauge install.

In addition, the 1 series has an issue with dash warping and there are a couple of dents on my passenger side already. I've already dropped a note with the SA that I would like to get it replaced once the gauge comes in and he said that it shouldn't be a problem. So, I am glad MW is willing to help.
Appreciate 0