E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E90 330D - Why are my LED number plate light wires Joined together?

06-03-2019, 06:42 AM   #1
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

E90 330D - Why are my LED number plate light wires Joined together?

Hi All,

Rear inside taillights threw and error so going to rejoin and solder all the broke wires inside the rubber grommet that are or have already broken apart. However while pulling the loom through the boot the LED number plate wiring looks sketchy, they both have brown power wires each, but they are joined again by a separate red wire.. why? Since writing this I have come up with a theory, a while back the car kept saying the boot was open/closed so I removed the rubber grommet and found two broken brown wires, I fixed both not knowing what they where for and of course the boot issue was gone, I'm now wondering if one of those two brown wires where to the number plate leds, and rather than finding the broken wire they "tapped" into the other side to provide the broken side with power

Appreciate 0