E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E90 330D - Is Eibach ProSport the best option?

05-24-2019, 05:38 PM   #23
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by criscarp View Post
That is 100% better, you do not have the issue on the front any more. Looking good. How are you finding it?
To be honest I think its great, I expected the above outcome because the fronts managed to go to green even with the worn arms, this time around I had changed every arm plus the springs. The chap said, as for ride height it's a lot more consistent this time round so the springs where definitely a good choice and the front arms have solved the steering vibration when braking from higher speeds so the front is solid.

The chap did explain that with the rear left wheel still being out on the toe I may find that it over/under steers depending on whether I turn left or right but I think it's that minor I genuinely cant really feel it. I've gave it a good blast occasionally and it really does feel planted! So yeah, im really glad you brought up the suspension side of things, instead of replacing the sub frame which to be fair probably would have got the rear left into green I've now ended up with new springs all round and a completely new front set of Meyle arms. And if need be theres no reason I couldn't buy a set of adjustable toe arms and get the rear left into green but right now I'm just happy to be back on the roads, it's been off since November 2017 because of insurance

The next thing to sort out though is my fuel economy, it finds it's way back down to 18MPG town driving stop start but motorway at 59mphish I was getting like 35MPG.. before i could get like 49/50. Since I've had the car it's always had poor fuel economy but never understood why, stats where replaced, injector values are good, new turbo, air filter, servicing, crankcase breather, cleaned intake manifold cleaned EGR, EGR Vacuum pipe blocked, MAP cleaned, MAF actual vs expected seems spot on, I've even cleaned the injector tips when I replaced the valve cover gasket.. it's an odd one for sure I'll pull the codes tomorrow because I used to have a LAMBDA error but havent seen it for quite some time

This video for example, registering 51MPG with knackered thermostats showing 74ish on the coolant screen.. it just went down hill and never quite discovered why

https://youtu.be/4FSEGvdoSnY

Last edited by MrSweet1991; 05-24-2019 at 05:45 PM..
Appreciate 0