E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY: Automatic to Manual Swap 2007 335i Sedan

09-21-2020, 12:52 PM   #133
DenoirN54
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by edirty9_ View Post
Are you using an auto or manual trans wiring harness?
Quote:
Originally Posted by edirty9_ View Post
Are you using an auto or manual trans wiring harness?
I personally have both, but I bought a manual new harness from BMW so im trying to figure out what I need to connect or not. I thought I heard I have to ground something from an auto harness and also connect something to the frm?

Also since I'm using the engine support bar for having to swap out my turbos, is it safe to pull the transmission off like this or should I put the subframe back on and what not THEN pull the transmission?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 07:30 PM   #134
DenoirN54
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS DAVE View Post
Anything you need to know just ask.
So I've got one for you. I did everything including upgrading my turbos to 17t (335i here), and now I have three lights still on in my cluster.

My 'brakes' light, ABS light, and Stability or DSC lights are on as well as having a Chassis stabilization warning. Would I be having these problems from not having the DSC wire correctly or is this a coding thing, or the nfrm not being connected correctly possibly? I have replaced the brake sensors so I know those are fine and not needed to be replaced.

How have you been by the way?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 08:25 PM   #135
ReForMatt
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 335i N54 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenoirN54 View Post
So I've got one for you. I did everything including upgrading my turbos to 17t (335i here), and now I have three lights still on in my cluster.

My 'brakes' light, ABS light, and Stability or DSC lights are on as well as having a Chassis stabilization warning. Would I be having these problems from not having the DSC wire correctly or is this a coding thing, or the nfrm not being connected correctly possibly? I have replaced the brake sensors so I know those are fine and not needed to be replaced.

How have you been by the way?

Double check your grounds there is a ground in front of the ABS module if that is loose it will play havoc with the system. Providing you have all your wires terminated correctly and you have coded out the automatic you should be fine.
Appreciate 0